Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Littleone
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Littleone »

Phoenix wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:16 am
Littleone wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm Lots of news on here :D
Congratulations to your DD Go for it =D> and also to your son Sailorgirluae...sorry to hear of his disappointment but great he now knows where he's heading !
Congratulations to your DD also Phoenix. We are still waiting for news form Performers after my daughter auditioned for the degree in early Feb .. so suspecting an offer will not be forthcoming. Fortunately she has degree offers from Urdang and LIPA and I expect they will be her 'firm' and insurance' on UCAS. Of course in order to go to either she has to get the required number of UCAS points .... for DD this is 'doable' but not a certainty 8) ........Does anyone with experience of degree at either know if there is ever any flexibility on points required ?

Thanks in advance !
Thank you :) Hope you get good news from performers, but as you say she has other good offers so not quite as stressful. We still need to do the dreaded UCAS application. The points thing is a bit of a worry. He has a lvl 3 from last year and is currently doing a lvl 4 but it isn't listed on the site as it is a new course - one of the pilot ones under UAL. Hoepfully it will all work out.
Hi Phoenix :) ... As you say hopefully it will all work out ....It would be nice to know that there was even a little flexibility on UCAS points as it would be gutting to get this far and then 'fall at the last hurdle' :roll: . Sorry , I don't know about UCAS points and Btecs...only about A levels ! I have worked out all the possible combinations that DD needs to get in ensure she gets to go away in September ! :lol:
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Littleone wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 5:00 pm
Phoenix wrote: Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:16 am
Littleone wrote: Tue Apr 16, 2019 1:23 pm Lots of news on here :D
Congratulations to your DD Go for it =D> and also to your son Sailorgirluae...sorry to hear of his disappointment but great he now knows where he's heading !
Congratulations to your DD also Phoenix. We are still waiting for news form Performers after my daughter auditioned for the degree in early Feb .. so suspecting an offer will not be forthcoming. Fortunately she has degree offers from Urdang and LIPA and I expect they will be her 'firm' and insurance' on UCAS. Of course in order to go to either she has to get the required number of UCAS points .... for DD this is 'doable' but not a certainty 8) ........Does anyone with experience of degree at either know if there is ever any flexibility on points required ?

Thanks in advance !
Thank you :) Hope you get good news from performers, but as you say she has other good offers so not quite as stressful. We still need to do the dreaded UCAS application. The points thing is a bit of a worry. He has a lvl 3 from last year and is currently doing a lvl 4 but it isn't listed on the site as it is a new course - one of the pilot ones under UAL. Hoepfully it will all work out.
Hi Phoenix :) ... As you say hopefully it will all work out ....It would be nice to know that there was even a little flexibility on UCAS points as it would be gutting to get this far and then 'fall at the last hurdle' :roll: . Sorry , I don't know about UCAS points and Btecs...only about A levels ! I have worked out all the possible combinations that DD needs to get in ensure she gets to go away in September ! :lol:
Thank you Littleone, well done to your DD for Urdang and LIPA, good luck for Performers.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Thanks Go For it :) and good luck to your Daughter with her decisions ! :D
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Littleone wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:44 am Thanks Go For it :) and good luck to your Daughter with her decisions ! :D
Thanks, I think the decisions been made as she also had an offer from Artsed and that has always been her number one choice.
So nice that its all come to a happy conclusion and such a relief! Good luck to all who are waiting, wishing all your DD's and Ds's the very best.
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Massive congratulations to your DD go for it-amazing achievement
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

go for it wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:29 am
Littleone wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:44 am Thanks Go For it :) and good luck to your Daughter with her decisions ! :D
Thanks, I think the decisions been made as she also had an offer from Artsed and that has always been her number one choice.
So nice that its all come to a happy conclusion and such a relief! Good luck to all who are waiting, wishing all your DD's and Ds's the very best.
Have pm’d you x
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Ahh thats great news !! Massive Congratulations on your DD's offer from Arts Ed - brilliant achievement =D>
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Massive congratulations and great to have the decision over and done with.
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Felicity wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:18 pm
Massive congratulations and great to have the decision over and done with.
Thank you Felicity. Hope your daughter is very happy at GSA.
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

MTlover123 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 1:37 pm Massive congratulations to your DD go for it-amazing achievement
Thank you, I hope your DS has a great time at Trinity.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Not sure if this year’s letter said it or not so was a panicked friend who is now very happy she is still on the reserve list! Do they hugely over subscribe the reserve list at Bird as that is the only one I seem to read about, you don’t hear much about the Performers reserve list so wondered if they add so many more to it. Fingers crossed she’ll be successful but it does make you wonder what percentage on their list actually end up with a place.
[/quote]

Sorry for late reply as not been on for a while. My DD was told she was around the middle of the reserve list and got offered a place as the course started in September. Luckily she had turned down degree at other colleges and was already living in Sidcup as had signed up for their foundation (we had requested this as on reserve). She is now in her 2nd year and loving it.

Seems to me alot of the people training there were on reserve first, girls anyway. Only a handful seem to get offered places at the start.
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

dancemom43 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:00 pm Not sure if this year’s letter said it or not so was a panicked friend who is now very happy she is still on the reserve list! Do they hugely over subscribe the reserve list at Bird as that is the only one I seem to read about, you don’t hear much about the Performers reserve list so wondered if they add so many more to it. Fingers crossed she’ll be successful but it does make you wonder what percentage on their list actually end up with a place.
Sorry for late reply as not been on for a while. My DD was told she was around the middle of the reserve list and got offered a place as the course started in September. Luckily she had turned down degree at other colleges and was already living in Sidcup as had signed up for their foundation (we had requested this as on reserve). She is now in her 2nd year and loving it.

Seems to me alot of the people training there were on reserve first, girls anyway. Only a handful seem to get offered places at the start.
[/quote]

I completely agree with this, I know a couple of people offered degree straight away, but most are placed on reserve list until everyone has been seen, Urdang and Performers do it slightly different. A friend on mine was offered a place at one of these, but not told what the placement was until auditions were over and a recall was done, she was left hanging, told that an offer would come through soon, they seems to simply hold back, at least Bird have a name for it lol x Keep hanging in there folks x
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Newbe2018 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:23 pm
dancemom43 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:00 pm Not sure if this year’s letter said it or not so was a panicked friend who is now very happy she is still on the reserve list! Do they hugely over subscribe the reserve list at Bird as that is the only one I seem to read about, you don’t hear much about the Performers reserve list so wondered if they add so many more to it. Fingers crossed she’ll be successful but it does make you wonder what percentage on their list actually end up with a place.

I completely agree with this, I know a couple of people offered degree straight away, but most are placed on reserve list until everyone has been seen, Urdang and Performers do it slightly different. A friend on mine was offered a place at one of these, but not told what the placement was until auditions were over and a recall was done, she was left hanging, told that an offer would come through soon, they seems to simply hold back, at least Bird have a name for it lol x Keep hanging in there folks x
[/quote]

Hi Newbe2018, could you tell me when you rang to ask Bird whereabouts your DD was on the reserve list? Not sure whether it's too early yet to ask! x
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Sure, the letter I received said to wait until after the 30th May. By all means you can ring, but they'll have a better idea where she sits on the list after the closing date on UCAS. The offers that are then not selected will be offered to the reserve list, so there a lot of movement, and it doesn't stop.! I would probably wait until then. Xx
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Newbe2018 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 3:07 pm Sure, the letter I received said to wait until after the 30th May. By all means you can ring, but they'll have a better idea where she sits on the list after the closing date on UCAS. The offers that are then not selected will be offered to the reserve list, so there a lot of movement, and it doesn't stop.! I would probably wait until then. Xx
That's brilliant thank you! My DD said after the end of May, think I'm being a bit impatient! x