Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Littleone
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Littleone »

Thankyou Goforit :)

She has auditioned at Urdang, NBS, LIPA , Bird and Performers . She was v lucky to be offered degree (without recall) after her first audition (Urdang) and this has made a huge difference to her audition journey I think . Now at the end of the process she is waiting for results from LIPA, Performers and Laine :roll: Postman has just been ... nothing today ! 8-[
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Hello My DS starting at ArtsEd in September we just got a list of flats for rent and Two host family websites. He is 16 and I want him as close as possible. Does anyone know of any way of finding a host family in the Chiswick area ?
Thank you :o
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Littleone wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:24 pm Thankyou Goforit :)

She has auditioned at Urdang, NBS, LIPA , Bird and Performers . She was v lucky to be offered degree (without recall) after her first audition (Urdang) and this has made a huge difference to her audition journey I think . Now at the end of the process she is waiting for results from LIPA, Performers and Laine :roll: Postman has just been ... nothing today ! 8-[
Fingers crossed for her, which does she prefer?
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Have PM'd you go for it :D
arianadrama
BRIT Award

Post by arianadrama »

Starstruck39 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:30 pm Hello My DS starting at ArtsEd in September we just got a list of flats for rent and Two host family websites. He is 16 and I want him as close as possible. Does anyone know of any way of finding a host family in the Chiswick area ?
We found Monique Combes at an agency called M&M was very good for host families - email is info@m-andm.co.uk.
Most start with a host family and then get flats - most landlords don't want to rent to under 18s but some do. Some families who live near and have attended day school rent out a spare room to friends of their sixth formers. We found accommodation to be one of the most challenging parts to attending arts ed sixth form!
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Felicity wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:52 am
Kingswayqueen wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 pm
Felicity wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:09 pm So it was a yes from GSA for the MT BA for my DD!
It was unconditional as she already has the A-levels.
Thrilled for her :D
Oh wow Felicity that is FANTASTIC news! My DD has got recall for GSA, getting a straight yes is what dreams are made of! Huge congratulations to your daughter! xxx
Thank you and lots of good luck to your DD for her recall at GSA. When is it?
It's next week, she's also got a recall for Arden next week too :o
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Good Luck to your DD Kingswayqueen for both !!
cherylmcj
Nominee

Post by cherylmcj »

Givemestrength22 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 pm Hi there, can anybody help with Italia Conti advice/info.... DD is auditioning for MT degree course in May (last audition and so late!)
Whether this is a good thing or not who knows, but at that point I’m imaging it will be a straight yes or no rather than a reserve list. Also there are two sites, if they audition at the Guildford site could they potentially be offered a course at the other site? X
It’s only the second year of running the degree course, and wherever you audition is usually where you will go, however I think the London academy was oversubscribed last September and some places were given as Guildford. The other unknown is that Italia Conti at Barbican are potentially moving to new premises in the near future. My daughter was offered diploma there last year, and has been offered the degree for September 🎭 offers come out fairly quickly. Out of all the auditions, Italia Conti’s day is very full and thorough, they see most of what you have to offer, unlike others who cut you after dance and one song, it’s a very ‘complete’ audition process.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 8:02 pm
Felicity wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:52 am
Kingswayqueen wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 pm

Oh wow Felicity that is FANTASTIC news! My DD has got recall for GSA, getting a straight yes is what dreams are made of! Huge congratulations to your daughter! xxx
Thank you and lots of good luck to your DD for her recall at GSA. When is it?
It's next week, she's also got a recall for Arden next week too :o
DD said she found the people helping at her GSA recall really friendly and made her feel “at home”. Wishing your DD all the best for both recalls x
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

cherylmcj wrote: Sat Apr 06, 2019 12:18 am
Givemestrength22 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 pm Hi there, can anybody help with Italia Conti advice/info.... DD is auditioning for MT degree course in May (last audition and so late!)
Whether this is a good thing or not who knows, but at that point I’m imaging it will be a straight yes or no rather than a reserve list. Also there are two sites, if they audition at the Guildford site could they potentially be offered a course at the other site? X
It’s only the second year of running the degree course, and wherever you audition is usually where you will go, however I think the London academy was oversubscribed last September and some places were given as Guildford. The other unknown is that Italia Conti at Barbican are potentially moving to new premises in the near future. My daughter was offered diploma there last year, and has been offered the degree for September 🎭 offers come out fairly quickly. Out of all the auditions, Italia Conti’s day is very full and thorough, they see most of what you have to offer, unlike others who cut you after dance and one song, it’s a very ‘complete’ audition process.
Yes - I agree - the audition process at contis is very thorough - my DD didn’t finish until 6pm! But she felt she had the opportunity to show them what she could do.
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

arianadrama wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 7:20 pm
Starstruck39 wrote: Fri Apr 05, 2019 1:30 pm Hello My DS starting at ArtsEd in September we just got a list of flats for rent and Two host family websites. He is 16 and I want him as close as possible. Does anyone know of any way of finding a host family in the Chiswick area ?
We found Monique Combes at an agency called M&M was very good for host families - email is info@m-andm.co.uk.
Most start with a host family and then get flats - most landlords don't want to rent to under 18s but some do. Some families who live near and have attended day school rent out a spare room to friends of their sixth formers. We found accommodation to be one of the most challenging parts to attending arts ed sixth form!

Thank you. I have contacted M & M . Do you know if there is any student living accommodation nearby?
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Anyone have a DC starting ArtsEd sixth form in September?
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Starstruck39 wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 9:42 pm Anyone have a DC starting ArtsEd sixth form in September?
Yes! I do.
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Anyone else’s dc at Mountview on the 13th ?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Livvyvicky wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 pm Hey scarytimes,

Dd’s Friend was asked to stay for interview (which went well) and then found out a week later about the waiting list.........

Thanks guys :D
Have they had any update lately? I was thinking about them and the horrible wait...