Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

MTlover123
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by MTlover123 »

What fantastic news-I hope you’re both celebrating in style
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Fantastic news! Huge well done to her. Definitely should be celebrating in style this weekend! :D
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Fantastic news Felicity! Congratulations to your daughter. :D
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Lovely news! huge congratulations to your DD Felicity... =D> :D
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
arianadrama
BRIT Award

Post by arianadrama »

Felicity wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:09 pm So it was a yes from GSA for the MT BA for my DD!
It was unconditional as she already has the A-levels.
Thrilled for her :D
Thats great News! My DS says he will add her to the GSA BA MT 19-22 group chat that they've all started so PM me!
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

arianadrama wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2019 3:28 pm
Felicity wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:09 pm So it was a yes from GSA for the MT BA for my DD!
Thats great News! My DS says he will add her to the GSA BA MT 19-22 group chat that they've all started so PM me!
Will do! Thanks so much, she said that would be great.
Stageyails
Nominee

Post by Stageyails »

Fantastic news Felicity. My DD is a 2nd year at GSA and the feelings and emotions you go through on this roller coaster are immense. When your DC gets a place at the school of their dreams there is no better feeling. My DC chose GSA over other well placed schools she had offers from and has never regretted her decision. It is an outstanding school for MT training. Good luck to your DD x
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Pearl wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:06 am Although tricks and flips look impressive in the real world of musical theatre are they really necessary!!!
My dd has left Urdang now and is working! She has never once been asked if she can trick in an audition so I wouldn’t get too hung up on it if it’s not your child’s thing! After all it’s dance not gymnastics!
So well said =D>
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Post by Givemestrength22 »

Hi there, can anybody help with Italia Conti advice/info.... DD is auditioning for MT degree course in May (last audition and so late!)
Whether this is a good thing or not who knows, but at that point I’m imaging it will be a straight yes or no rather than a reserve list. Also there are two sites, if they audition at the Guildford site could they potentially be offered a course at the other site? X
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

Re Tricks and flexibility - my dd was never one to do tumbles etc at her auditions. She just did a lyrical piece with emotion for the one college that asked for a solo. She was offered a place at Performers Degree or Diploma (her choice and she had the UCAS points from her extended BTEC) after interview on the audition day by Tracey Lee - however went with her dream to Laine - that was the only audition where a solo was required.

Any Laine offers on here or is everyone waiting for DADA auditions ? Should have said her auditions were this time last year - is now in 1st year - its a hugely emotional up and down time and then the accommodation situation once they get their places is even more stressful - definately pounce on those housing/acommadation lists as soon as they come through for wheverever your talented DC are going as that becomes a big issue xx
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

Oh wow Felicity that is FANTASTIC news! My DD has got recall for GSA, getting a straight yes is what dreams are made of! Huge congratulations to your daughter! xxx
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 11:56 pm
Oh wow Felicity that is FANTASTIC news! My DD has got recall for GSA, getting a straight yes is what dreams are made of! Huge congratulations to your daughter! xxx
Thank you and lots of good luck to your DD for her recall at GSA. When is it?
go for it
BRIT Award

Post by go for it »

Belledancer wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:34 pm Re Tricks and flexibility - my dd was never one to do tumbles etc at her auditions. She just did a lyrical piece with emotion for the one college that asked for a solo. She was offered a place at Performers Degree or Diploma (her choice and she had the UCAS points from her extended BTEC) after interview on the audition day by Tracey Lee - however went with her dream to Laine - that was the only audition where a solo was required.

Any Laine offers on here or is everyone waiting for DADA auditions ? Should have said her auditions were this time last year - is now in 1st year - its a hugely emotional up and down time and then the accommodation situation once they get their places is even more stressful - definately pounce on those housing/acommadation lists as soon as they come through for wheverever your talented DC are going as that becomes a big issue xx
Hi Belledancer, My DD was offered a DADA after her audition at Laines as well as one at Bird so has big decisions ahead. She is a strong singer as well as dancer. Can I ask you how your DD is finding the vocal training at Laines?
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Givemestrength22 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 2:04 pm Hi there, can anybody help with Italia Conti advice/info.... DD is auditioning for MT degree course in May (last audition and so late!)
Whether this is a good thing or not who knows, but at that point I’m imaging it will be a straight yes or no rather than a reserve list. Also there are two sites, if they audition at the Guildford site could they potentially be offered a course at the other site? X
They are two different entities. So if you audition at Guildford, you would only be considered for Guildford (as far as I am aware anyway!). Good luck to your DD.
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Can I just ask for some advice. My daughter (will be 18) is starting a Pre-Vocational year at Performers in September. I understand that when the accomodation pack comes out it is a bit of a free-for-all so wondered if anyone had any advice. What do you actually have to do when the pack comes out? Is it just a list of telephone numbers or do you have proper listings so you can see the rooms? We do know of a friend who is leaving this summer so her room will become free, wondering if we can get in touch with her and get a head start or do the landlords not let you do that? Any advice/help would be appreciated as I'm pretty sure the panic is the same no matter which College they go to!