Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by sailorgirluae »

And so the waiting begins again on this years audition roller coaster. Central audition today - he made the cut to the afternoon recall and now has to wait to see if he gets a second recall. This apparently he will not know until mid April (if it’s a no I’m sure he will know earlier)!

However, his Trinity offer is on CUCAS with an acceptance deadline of mid April so looks like we will have to accept that before we know what is going on with Central!

In the meantime he gets on a plane tomorrow so we can finally sit down and chat through all The ups and down properly!

Fingers crossed to anyone else still waiting or on reserve lists - its so tough.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:28 pm And so the waiting begins again on this years audition roller coaster. Central audition today - he made the cut to the afternoon recall and now has to wait to see if he gets a second recall. This apparently he will not know until mid April (if it’s a no I’m sure he will know earlier)!

However, his Trinity offer is on CUCAS with an acceptance deadline of mid April so looks like we will have to accept that before we know what is going on with Central!

In the meantime he gets on a plane tomorrow so we can finally sit down and chat through all The ups and down properly!

Fingers crossed to anyone else still waiting or on reserve lists - its so tough.
Well done on him getting through to the afternoon session at Central! Fingers crossed. Does he prefer Central over Trinity?
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Hilltop wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:46 pm Apologies for jumping in here, my DD is 13 and is of the flexible, slim type. She has been told that she is hyperflexible and has had a few minor issues with various joints, etc. I do have concerns about this and I worry about injury and stamina/strength when she (hopefully) does dancing in full-time training later on. Do any parents of similar children have any tips about how she can get around this or prepare her body? Will the schools be able to support/advise her in this at all later on??
Don’t apologise! This is exactly what this forum is all about - asking questions and being able to debate, share experiences or express opinions....
I can’t comment or offer advice for hypermobility, as my DD is not hypermobile. But, in answer to your question, in our experience (and I’m sure others will be able to confirm the same for many of the other top/good colleges) your chosen college will certainly be able (and should!) provide support and guidance on preparing their bodies for full time training (and a career!). A big part of their training is learning to understand their own body, nutrition, lifestyle, exercising, training, working out, etc. At DD’s college they attend the gym, have personal trainers and personalised training plans, which focus on what they need to do to increase strength and stamina and limit injury. Hope that helps?
Suziesparkles
Nominee

Post by Suziesparkles »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:23 pm I have been following this fab website and amazing post for so long and FINALLY managed to set up my account so I can post myself. The information I have gained from here during my DD’s journey has been invaluable, she regularly tells me I should write my own blog from everything I now know that a year ago I had no clue about. DD is 17, just finishing Alevels and has been through auditions at Urdang, Performers and Bird in January, Urdang was first and a tough no but she was so lucky to be offered Foundation at both Bird and Performers and has accepted Performers. We will have all this to go through again next year but hopefully she will have another year’s experience and learn all the tricks she found she was lacking this year.

Any info/help re Pre-Vocational at Performers would be appreciated but she absolutely loved the place so can’t wait to get started. Now just need to receive the accommodation info and I’m sure the panic will start all over again. DD currently has best friend going through her auditions so is appreciating how lucky she is to know where she is going. Didn’t realise at the beginning how stressful and tough it was all going to be but like I said, this thread has been a godsend!
Hi my DD is just finishing Pre Voc at performers , it has been the best year choice she made last year, she has had an amazing year and loved every second, it is a very friendly “family”college that really looks after it’s students, the course is full on with long hours normally 8-6 they will be exhausted but it gets them ready for next year , My DD is now In The middle of the audition proscess again hoping for a BA course, and got her heart set on staying at performers, ( but no guarantee ) almost 4000 applications , so keeping fingers and toes crossed , the housing list that is sent out is long but beware the houses get snapped up almost straight away, we had to rent a private house for 3 months and she moved into a “ Performers “ House in January, wishing your daughter good luck I’m sure she will love every second , just one tip as soon as you get the hosing list ring every number on it straightaway 🎭⭐️
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Wow Suziesparkles nearly 4000 applicants :shock: .. I had no idea there were that many . Very best of luck to your DD .
Do you know how many places there are on the BA course ?
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

Wow Suziesparkles, good luck to your DD, Performers has a good track record of their Pre-Voc achieving a degree so hopefully your daughter will get her wish. We actually know of a student leaving this summer so are trying to get a head start with their property first as we have heard what a free for all it is otherwise.

Littleone, from information at Open Day I think they have around 130 degree places but I’m sure someone else will know better than me, it’s no wonder it’s difficult is it?
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Felicity wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 7:01 pm
sailorgirluae wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:28 pm And so the waiting begins again on this years audition roller coaster. Central audition today - he made the cut to the afternoon recall and now has to wait to see if he gets a second recall. This apparently he will not know until mid April (if it’s a no I’m sure he will know earlier)!

Well done on him getting through to the afternoon session at Central! Fingers crossed. Does he prefer Central over Trinity?
Felicity - that is one of the things we will be discussing. His dance has come on amazingly this year and he believe that would progress better at Trinity but he also like the fact the Central has acting for screen ect. The big draw for Central is the intake size it’s just 18! Should be be lucky enough to get an offer at Central it will be a tough decision form him. Let’s wait and see.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:33 pm Wow Suziesparkles, good luck to your DD, Performers has a good track record of their Pre-Voc achieving a degree so hopefully your daughter will get her wish. We actually know of a student leaving this summer so are trying to get a head start with their property first as we have heard what a free for all it is otherwise.

Littleone, from information at Open Day I think they have around 130 degree places but I’m sure someone else will know better than me, it’s no wonder it’s difficult is it?
No wonder at all !! I didn't realise it was 'that' competitive ! I wonder if all the colleges are similar ?? It's encouraging to hear that Performers Pre-Voc has a good chance of leading to degree ... indicates the training is fab and that they 'care' about their students :D

Good Luck All and Well done to your DS Sailorgirlluae on making the cut at Central - sounds like a real achievement =D>
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

One year foundation courses at the best colleges all seem to be excellent with students making rapid progress– and the colleges all quote getting 100% of students onto diploma or degree courses - but not necessarily their own. It’s the first year of degree courses for some of these colleges. Foundation courses seem expensive to me but appear to get the results, and 4,000 applicants also seems to be around the normal number now (Emil Dale also quoted 4,000). It’s a big business so anyone getting any offer at an accredited well-regarded college has done brilliantly! And anyone offered funding must have really impressed. We love reading about the successes on this site – serves as inspiration and encouragement not to give up on “the dream”! Good luck to them all and well done to everyone on recalls too! Definitely an achievement in itself :)
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

If anyone knows of any houses/rooms becoming available from September in Corringham (for Performers) would be fab to know in advance as I’m not looking forward to the manic time when the accommodation info arrives!
DebbieDOos
Nominee

Post by DebbieDOos »

Are you able to accept on both UCAS and CUCAS or do you only chose one?

My daughter was also at CSSD on Tuesday and managed to get to afternoon, did you get told when the final recalls happen?. Mine has an offer from Chichester TT but as they are both on UCAS she does not have to decide until the decision from Central comes through . She loved the Central audition.

DD is also on the Trinity Laban BA Waiting list (and Foundation) - I understand at TL accommodation is the challenge for the late comers. It could be as late as July before they go through waiting list I - anyone know how many TL have on the reserve and if they give you any clue where you are in the system?

The schools are all so different, I cant imagine doing this for another year yes it is so tough especially those also doing A level/BTEC exams - hey that's show business
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Last year we accepted on both sides cucas and ucas.
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Littleone wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 11:04 pm Wow Suziesparkles nearly 4000 applicants :shock: .. I had no idea there were that many . Very best of luck to your DD .
Do you know how many places there are on the BA course ?
There are 80 places for the Degree and around 25-40 for Diploma from 1200 auditions - tough !!!
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

MygirlsloveMT wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:50 pm If anyone knows of any houses/rooms becoming available from September in Corringham (for Performers) would be fab to know in advance as I’m not looking forward to the manic time when the accommodation info arrives!
If your DD is under 18 they will recommend she goes in to a Host Family - they won't be available yet though as students are still in them
MygirlsloveMT
GRAMMY Award

Post by MygirlsloveMT »

lyndahill wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:24 pm
MygirlsloveMT wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:50 pm If anyone knows of any houses/rooms becoming available from September in Corringham (for Performers) would be fab to know in advance as I’m not looking forward to the manic time when the accommodation info arrives!
If your DD is under 18 they will recommend she goes in to a Host Family - they won't be available yet though as students are still in them
DD will be 18, just finishing her A levels and 18 in 10 days time. I’d love her to go to a host family for Mum peace of mind but she wants the full experience and a house share.