Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Sherbert »

sailorgirluae wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:55 pm So the voice held out (just) for his audition today followed by a very good dance audition (apparently - his words) and he made the recall to the afternoon session which he is made up about. Now we have to wait! He is over analysing his monologues trying to compare with the others that were recalled as he did not receive any direction on his and thinks this may be a 'bad thing'?? Only time will tell! I hate this waiting bit - how they cope with it all is beyond me!
This is great news sailorgirl-not long to wait - fingers crossed for him xx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Mammamia wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:51 pm I’m delighted to report that my dd’s 12 friends who recently auditioned have received a total of 4 offers to LSC, 2 for Bird, 4 for MGA , 2 for Laine , 1 to Bodyworks, 1 to Stella Mann, 3 to Brighton and 1 to Urdang . There are also recalls to several London colleges . A lot of decisions to be made after recalls . My dd was so disappointed that she couldn’t audition .
All the best to everyone.
Great results xx well done to them all x
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Tiredmumofthree wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:56 am Morning, does anyone have any experience of the recall day at RWCMD? Many thanks
No experience personally but Rhymie may be able to help as I believe her ds has been through it....is your ds/dd at the recall day on Monday? 😁
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Felicity wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 8:13 pm
sailorgirluae wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 6:55 pm So the voice held out (just) for his audition today followed by a very good dance audition (apparently - his words) and he made the recall to the afternoon session which he is made up about. Now we have to wait! He is over analysing his monologues trying to compare with the others that were recalled as he did not receive any direction on his and thinks this may be a 'bad thing'?? Only time will tell! I hate this waiting bit - how they cope with it all is beyond me!
Great news! And what a relief. Just the wait now...
Btw I think my DD spoke to your DS (does his first name begin with M?) at the audition today? She also spoke to him at her GSA audition. They had a chat and she was made up that he got a recall today! DD and her friends were just outside as they were waiting for their audition interviews.
His name does indeed begin with an M :-)
Tiredmumofthree
Nominee

Post by Tiredmumofthree »

cookycrew wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:49 pm
Tiredmumofthree wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 7:56 am Morning, does anyone have any experience of the recall day at RWCMD? Many thanks
No experience personally but Rhymie may be able to help as I believe her ds has been through it....is your ds/dd at the recall day on Monday? 😁
Thank you. No not Monday, in a couple of weeks time.
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

PM'd you with the details of the day.
mumofshowgirl
Nominee

Post by mumofshowgirl »

Hi all, I am new to this website and think it is great how much info we can get from each other. My DD (16 next month) has auditioned for a few places the last few months like ArtsEd, Urdang, PPA and she has got a immediate place at Urdang on the 3 year diploma course. Does anyone else who received a place at Urdang got any formal offer letter? We received the original email saying she has a place two weeks after her original audition and last week they sent another email to say they will be in contact in the next few weeks. I had chased them around Xmas and a few weeks ago as they kept promising to send the letters but they apparently had problems with their terms and conditions. Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!!
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

My dd is also 16 and on the three year diploma currently. You're welcome to pm if you want any help or info x
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

I know they had a funding audition last week. DD's friend was there. Was your dd at that? I've heard that Urdang communication has room for improvement - the degree third term optional payment is still unclear - but still looks like a good place to train!
mumofshowgirl
Nominee

Post by mumofshowgirl »

My DD was not at the funding audition as she got a call the day after her audition to say she had a funded place and doesn't need to attend any recalls. All I am wondering is when they will finally send their formal offer letter. It's just nice to see everything in black and white!
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Well that was a short wait - it was a no 😢. God I hate this rollercoaster.
Littleone
BRIT Award

Post by Littleone »

Oh no Sailorgirluae and v sorry to hear this :( ..... It it such a brutal process !
Best wishes to you and DS.

Mumofshowgirl - I will DM you re Urdang :)
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

sailorgirluae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:34 pm Well that was a short wait - it was a no 😢. God I hate this rollercoaster.

Sorry to hear this xx
But it’s a massive achievement to get the recall at Arts
Well done to your son for that ;)
It’s big Highs... then big lows isn’t it...bless them
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

sailorgirluae wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:34 pm Well that was a short wait - it was a no 😢. God I hate this rollercoaster.
Have PM’d :cry:
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

Huge kudos for recall, they are few and far between so well done. The right place will pick him. Its a roller-coaster for definite and just their start. So hard sometimes