Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Livvyvicky »

Fantastic news !
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

arianadrama wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:09 pm DS has just been to his GSA recall and at the end of the panel interview after lunch was offered a place on the BA MT course!!! He is thrilled! We can't quite believe it tbh! We are so relieved! He's on singing recall for Arts Ed, 3rd round LAMDA, and MV foundation after being rejected for degree so to get this offer is a dream come true for him!
What brilliant news! Well done to your son =D> Xx
Ps when you say ‘singing recall for arts ed’ what does that mean? :lol:
arianadrama
BRIT Award

Post by arianadrama »

Sherbert wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:01 am
arianadrama wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:09 pm DS has just been to his GSA recall and at the end of the panel interview after lunch was offered a place on the BA MT course!!! He is thrilled! We can't quite believe it tbh! We are so relieved! He's on singing recall for Arts Ed, 3rd round LAMDA, and MV foundation after being rejected for degree so to get this offer is a dream come true for him!
It is an odd one Sherbert at Arts Ed - he did the full Arts Ed audition day including recall in the afternoon and then instead of getting a reject, offer or waiting list email 2 days later - he got an email saying a ''singing recall in March'' - this was back in December. So he is booked in for a 15 minute singing recall with the Head of singing next week!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Excellent news! =D> :D
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Robin64 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 11:48 am
DebbieDOos wrote: Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:57 pm WOW pushymums(or not) have you noticed how many views there are of this thread? Is that indicative of how many are applying (or considering applying for a later year) or just that everyone has cottoned on to how great this forum is?
How many are there? Couldn't see where that information is. But yes it's a very helpful place to find if you have a child hoping to train. We had great support when DD was auditioning and it made a huge practical difference which helped her get housing benefit for the foundation year. I was helped by posts from other NAPMers who had got HB. I really like following the progress of people's children - such resilience! It is so worth the effort from us parents too when you see them so happy in their training. I loved helping DD and look back fondly at our audition stay- overs even with the nerves, stress and disappointments and occasional tedious waits for me. It's such a bonding experience.
Could not agree more - loved the time together travelling to auditions and open days and hotel stay overs - very stressful time but great bonding - DD now in 2nd year of training and love going to shows together in London and staying over at her flat. It works out in the end for the best - thats the best advise I can give.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

For those with a child on the reserve at Bird you can ring around May and they will tell you where about you are on the list but only top half, bottom half etc... They wont give you a number. The degree reserve is longer as they take on and have more degree applicants. Those on the lists get the offer to go onto the other list too around August so the degree can consider diploma etc...

My DD had 3 yr course offers but really wanted Bird so we declined other places and rang Bird and asked if she could do the foundation course (although that had not actually been offered that initially just reserve on degree) They agreed to this and she actually did start the course but 2 days in she reached the top of the degree reserve list and she moved onto the degree course and loves it there.

Very stressful year but things work out right in the end.

The list moves throughout the year as people decline their place.

As for a foundation course it now seems the norm for people to do first and I would say around 40% of those in 1st year had done a foundation somewhere. I know alot of people that got much better offers after a foundation course. Well worth the money if you can afford it.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Kingswayqueen wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 11:45 pm
Givemestrength22 wrote: Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:56 pm Evening all, I am new to the forum and am loving all the news and advice. My DD is on the reserve list for Bird also, it’s her first choice so we are trying to stay positive...also have had one recall so far and one rejection. Two more auditions to go! X
Well done to your DD, guess we'll be travelling this journey together! My DD loved it at Bird so she's really hoping she gets in. I would like to know how many spaces they have, how many firm offers they give out and how many go on the reserve list - sounds like a logistical nightmare to me! One of my DD's friend's has got a straight offer from Bird which is amazing, I know not many get that letter! Where else has your DD got to audition for Givemestrength22? x
I dont know the numbers but can say that Bird put a large number girls onto the reserve list, more than any other school. It seems the places are offered to the boys and the exceptional girls and then the rest go onto reserve. You really don't hear of many girls getting straight in. One of their best dancers who graduated last year I know was on reserve initially.
Kingswayqueen
BRIT Award

Post by Kingswayqueen »

That is absolutely fantastic news, I bet he was beside himself when he came out and told you! Wow, one proud mum right there!
Givemestrength22
Nominee

Post by Givemestrength22 »

Fantastic GSA news there and thank you so much for the Bird info.... I have ordered my crystal ball so hopefully it works and it will help me decide. If only!!! Xx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

arianadrama wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:34 pm
Sherbert wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:01 am
It is an odd one Sherbert at Arts Ed - he did the full Arts Ed audition day including recall in the afternoon and then instead of getting a reject, offer or waiting list email 2 days later - he got an email saying a ''singing recall in March'' - this was back in December. So he is booked in for a 15 minute singing recall with the Head of singing next week!
Oh I see - well done to him for that too! X
Have PM’d you :) x
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Givemestrength22 wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:34 am Hi Kingswayqueen, my DD still has GSA for the Acting degree and Italia Conti for Musical theatre but that one isn’t till May! I’m wandering if this is a good or a bad thing....the waiting is awful and yes, oh to have a crystal ball. Finding out where they are on the list should help nearer the time but a firm offer is so much nicer! Please keep me posted on reserve list news and good luck to your DD too x
Thats fantastic - which is his favourite? MT BA at GSA, or LAMDA BA acting. When does he have the LAMDA final round (would be the 3rd round, if he had a 2nd first round?) its a great final recall audition. If you havent had it yet they will email a new monologue extract, he can choose from 4 pieces, these are duologues and he will perform it with an existing 3rd year student. Happy to give you the low down on what happens in the final round if you want it ;-) well done to him. Its a great result.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Congrats to all those with DC getting offers through!

We are second time round as DD is on the Foundation at Arts Ed (which she loves) but has only just started auditioning again for BA courses. She’s got a couple of offers so far, including a degree offer at Urdang made without recall after her audition last week. She was shocked, as although the singing, acting and ballet class went really well, she felt she wasn’t good enough compared to others in the jazz class (which in her audition was more of a commercial style). DD’s singing is her strongest asset so maybe they were on the look out for a particular style? I am so pleased for her. She has worked so hard this year to improve in dance and it has paid off. She still has GSA recall, Mountview and Arts Ed to do so will wait before deciding. She is probably going to cancel a couple of other auditions she had booked. Not sure if audition fees are refundable at all?
Does anyone have a DC doing the degree at Urdang who has any advice / tips?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Felicity wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:20 pm She’s got a couple of offers so far, including a degree offer at Urdang made without recall after her audition last week. She was shocked, as although the singing, acting and ballet class went really well, she felt she wasn’t good enough compared to others in the jazz class (which in her audition was more of a commercial style). DD’s singing is her strongest asset so maybe they were on the look out for a particular style? I am so pleased for her. She has worked so hard this year to improve in dance and it has paid off.
Congratulations Felicity. I’m so pleased to hear this great news xxx
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

Some fab news here from @arianadrama and @felicity well done to your DCs! It's really good to hear the foundation year has paid dividends Felicity
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Felicity wrote: Mon Feb 25, 2019 4:20 pm Congrats to all those with DC getting offers through!

We are second time round as DD is on the Foundation at Arts Ed (which she loves) but has only just started auditioning again for BA courses. She’s got a couple of offers so far, including a degree offer at Urdang made without recall after her audition last week. She was shocked, as although the singing, acting and ballet class went really well, she felt she wasn’t good enough compared to others in the jazz class (which in her audition was more of a commercial style). DD’s singing is her strongest asset so maybe they were on the look out for a particular style? I am so pleased for her. She has worked so hard this year to improve in dance and it has paid off. She still has GSA recall, Mountview and Arts Ed to do so will wait before deciding. She is probably going to cancel a couple of other auditions she had booked. Not sure if audition fees are refundable at all?
Does anyone have a DC doing the degree at Urdang who has any advice / tips?
Great news Felicity for you and your daughter x
That Foundation year has definitely paid off!
\:D/