Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Rhymie
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Rhymie »

Hi there :-)
East 15 have over 150 places on offer through the separate streams. What has your child auditioned for and have they said they are on a waiting list?
Tiredmumofthree
Nominee

Post by Tiredmumofthree »

Hi, BA acting. She was held back to the last 6 and then had email saying she she is on the waitlist. It’s our first year of applying so no experience. Thanks
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Hi there,
She may now be on that waiting list until the end of the audition period, which could be as late as May or June. This is because even though East 15 will finish earlier than other darma schools, some candidates with unconditional offers are still in the audition process for other schools which can sometimes take until June/July to send all their offers out.
The waiting list position means that they have filled places on all the courses and she is now waiting to see if someone offered an unconditional drops out. If they drop out and your daughter is the same casting type she will be offered the place. It would not be unusual for a candidate to drop out if they are offered a place from a school they prefer e.g. RADA or LAMDA (they only have 24-28 places on offer). I suggest she keeps auditioning for other schools and congratulates herself on a great result from East 15 :-) welcome to the world of drama school :D
Tiredmumofthree
Nominee

Post by Tiredmumofthree »

Thank you, that’s really helpful. Oh yes, continuing with the auditions!! :D
becmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by becmum »

Hi I am new to this forum but been reading all your information and have to say it’s been a great insight to this auditioning process!! So thankyou everyone!! My DD is 15 but decided to apply to three colleges before Christmas so had all her auditions early. Had no idea what we were letting ourselves in for really but it’s been a steep learning curve.
Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of offers from Bird College? My DD was lucky to receive an offer straight after her audition, by post, for the 3 year diploma. She then goes on a list for funding once all auditions are completed. Just wondered if anyone else experienced this and if they managed to secure funding or is it just a waiting game? We had to accept the offer before Christmas 🤷‍♀️...any information would be appreciated, thank you 😊
Rhymie
BRIT Award

Post by Rhymie »

Tiredmumofthree wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:05 am Thank you, that’s really helpful. Oh yes, continuing with the auditions!! :D
welcome :-) ask me anything. I'm an old hand at this process.
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Hi all,

Asking for a friend of Dd, has anyone had any experience of being on the waiting list at GSA, is there much movement, are you allowed to email and ask where you are on the list ?

Thank you for any help :D
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

Livvyvicky wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:35 pm Hi all,

Asking for a friend of Dd, has anyone had any experience of being on the waiting list at GSA, is there much movement, are you allowed to email and ask where you are on the list ?

Thank you for any help :D
My guess (purely speculation!) would be that all of those with offers are on a waiting list at this stage. My DS was offered Foundation at the first recall for GSA so I’m guessing they are putting all those they want to offer the BA to in a ‘waiting list’ pot until they have done more of the recalls. I’m sure last year (Scarytimes please correct me if I’m wrong) all of the recalls were in May so they knew the extent of their applicants. This year with recalls in January I wondered how they would do it. Purely guessing of course.
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Thanks Lakeviewp- let’s hope that is what is happening.......... Scarytimes any thoughts ?

Really appreciate it, love that we get the support here x
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Wow, I didn’t realise GSA were recalling already. Dd has first audition there on 31st which I thought was really early as ucas didn’t go in until the new year but this is obviously why. She is currently on a foundation year (which she absolutely loves) so it’s just fingers crossed she gets an offer from somewhere this year so it was worthwhile doing the foundation and not taking a three year offer. Bless her I think there’s even more pressure this year as last year she was purely winging it. Good luck to everyone and huge congrats to those who already have places.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Livvyvicky wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:02 pm Thanks Lakeviewp- let’s hope that is what is happening.......... Scarytimes any thoughts ?

Really appreciate it, love that we get the support here x
Not sure I have a definitive answer for you. DS did his first round, then got confirmation on UCAS two weeks later offering recall, then at the recall he was kept back for interview and offered a place then. They updated UCAS later that week.

What happened at the recall in your Dds friend’s case?

Just had another thought - as this was first recall date, they may well want to get a few more under their belt to get a feel for the general standard this year so waiting list might be good at this point...
Last edited by Scarytimes on Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

Hey scarytimes,

Dd’s Friend was asked to stay for interview (which went well) and then found out a week later about the waiting list.........

Thanks guys :D
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Livvyvicky wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:45 pm Hey scarytimes,

Dd’s Friend was asked to stay for interview (which went well) and then found out a week later about the waiting list.........

Thanks guys :D
Sounds really promising to me. Good luck to her/him!

I remember Candafitt’s DS was on reserve list for GSA for a time last year and eventually went to Trinity Laban instead of waiting until the end, but reserve and waiting may be very different things. I don’t see why they shouldn’t ring in a few weeks when GSA have done a few more recalls.
arianadrama
BRIT Award

Post by arianadrama »

A friend of DS had his recall audition at GSA recently and has just been offered BA MT. Hope that helps.
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

becmum wrote: Fri Jan 18, 2019 11:29 am Hi I am new to this forum but been reading all your information and have to say it’s been a great insight to this auditioning process!! So thankyou everyone!! My DD is 15 but decided to apply to three colleges before Christmas so had all her auditions early. Had no idea what we were letting ourselves in for really but it’s been a steep learning curve.
Just wondered if anyone has had any experience of offers from Bird College? My DD was lucky to receive an offer straight after her audition, by post, for the 3 year diploma. She then goes on a list for funding once all auditions are completed. Just wondered if anyone else experienced this and if they managed to secure funding or is it just a waiting game? We had to accept the offer before Christmas 🤷‍♀️...any information would be appreciated, thank you 😊

Have sent you a pm. Xx