Auditioning for Sept 2019

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for Sept 2019

Post by Starstruck39 »

riverdancefan wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:22 pm Hello all
LivvyVicky and myself have DCs at EDA 6th form, we can’t recommend it enough and I’m sure both her and myself would be happy to answer any queries you may have, if we can.
If you want to see the 6th form in action then they are performing In the Heights next May. We went to see Les mis there and the standard of the production helped us to make our minds up about EDA.
I can hand on heart say that my son’s dancing has improved beyond what I could have envisioned there. His confidence and ability and auction technique has been improved no end with the staff at EDA.
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

My ds absolutely loved it had an audition on Saturday just gone. He had a very positive. Experience ending with an interview. Now awaiting result. Had an offer for Tring Actimg which is amazing .
Thanks for the info on EDA 😀
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Livvyvicky wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm Hi all,

I am really trying hard to keep up with everyone's news and really hope I do not miss anyone :D \:D/

RDF - I've spoken to you and you know I think Arts Ed is perfect for T - massive congratulations !!

Starstruck - feel free to message re EDA and yes I would say an interview is a good sign.......

afab and lmum well done to your dc's for the foundation offers.

We have Mountview on Saturday - prepared for the brutally of it now :shock:
Like this 8)
Last edited by riverdancefan on Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

[/quote]
Like this
[/quote]

Its not working !
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Livvyvicky wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:50 pm
Like this
[/quote]

Its not working !
[/quote]

Yes it is woman!
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
bumble-bee
Nominee

Post by bumble-bee »

afab wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Livvyvicky wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm
Thank you Liyvyvicky!
Well done to everybody with offers! Good luck to the ones still auditioning!

DD has Rose Bruford tomorrow... We'll have to fight the M25 early morning! Not looking forward to it at all! :?
Hi afab how did your dd get on at Brufords yesterday? My son is in 3rd year. She may have a good chance as they like them young there! He went in when he was 18yrs and the oldest on the course then was 23. Best of luck!

Well done to everyone else with offers so far👏👏 we’re coming to the end of the 3yrs now which so far has been very exciting ...😀
afab
GRAMMY Award

Post by afab »

bumble-bee wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:04 pm
afab wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:11 pm
Livvyvicky wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm
Thank you Liyvyvicky!
Well done to everybody with offers! Good luck to the ones still auditioning!

DD has Rose Bruford tomorrow... We'll have to fight the M25 early morning! Not looking forward to it at all! :?
Hi afab how did your dd get on at Brufords yesterday? My son is in 3rd year. She may have a good chance as they like them young there! He went in when he was 18yrs and the oldest on the course then was 23. Best of luck!

Well done to everyone else with offers so far👏👏 we’re coming to the end of the 3yrs now which so far has been very exciting ...😀
Hi bumble-bee, it went quite well thank you but you never know really. The lady who auditioned them said the answer would be on the same day but we're still waiting... DD was a little puzzled that she wasn't asked to redo her piece in any other way but apart from that not much to say...

DD really loved it there, she felt at home straight away, loved the surrounding and the people (students and staff)!
I did notice while I was waiting in the cafeteria that students didn't look as old there as they did elsewhere and I also noticed they don't have a type either. Lots of different looks and shapes!

How is you son finding it? Has he been happy there?
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

riverdancefan wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:49 pm
Livvyvicky wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:40 pm Hi all,

I am really trying hard to keep up with everyone's news and really hope I do not miss anyone :D \:D/

RDF - I've spoken to you and you know I think Arts Ed is perfect for T - massive congratulations !!

Starstruck - feel free to message re EDA and yes I would say an interview is a good sign.......

We have Mountview on Saturday - prepared for the brutally of it now :shock:
Like this 8)
Starstruck39
BRIT Award

Post by Starstruck39 »

Hi can I ask.. is you DC in A host family ? If so was it an easy process finding one?
No news yet for my DC . But only been 5 days! 🤞
BattlingPeanut
BRIT Award

Post by BattlingPeanut »

Hi all. My DD has just received her audition date for Bird. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for the day? It states she only has to prepare one monologue and one song which she was a little surprised about. She was expecting to have to perform her own dance and contrasting songs etc. Has this changed from previous years? Or did DD just have it wrong (it has been known!)

Also - any info re cuts? Is it on the day? Or do they hear by email/letter? And do they audition foundation, degree and diploma all in the same group and then offer (or not!) depending on what the college thinks suitable?

Thanks in advance!! X
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

BattlingPeanut wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:45 am Hi all. My DD has just received her audition date for Bird. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for the day? It states she only has to prepare one monologue and one song which she was a little surprised about. She was expecting to have to perform her own dance and contrasting songs etc. Has this changed from previous years? Or did DD just have it wrong (it has been known!)

Also - any info re cuts? Is it on the day? Or do they hear by email/letter? And do they audition foundation, degree and diploma all in the same group and then offer (or not!) depending on what the college thinks suitable?

Thanks in advance!! X
Hi BattlingPeanut,

I think it is only Laine who ask for a pre-prepared dance (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong). When we went to the Bird Open Day, they said that they audition everyone together. They have the full day (the day will vary depending on whether you are the first to be seen or the last) with no cuts and then send out the following:

a No
offer of foundation
offer of Degree or Diploma
reserve for Degree or Diploma

They offer about 25% of their places, then everyone else goes on a reserve list. When all auditions have been done and people start to accept or reject places, the reserve people join the offers. Offers can be made right up to the first week of term, as some students may be holding onto more than one place if they are waiting for funding or A Level results.

I can't remember how the funding worked in the system above. It's all starting to get a bit hazy!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

BattlingPeanut wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:45 am Hi all. My DD has just received her audition date for Bird. Just wondering if anyone has any tips for the day? It states she only has to prepare one monologue and one song which she was a little surprised about. She was expecting to have to perform her own dance and contrasting songs etc. Has this changed from previous years? Or did DD just have it wrong (it has been known!)

Thanks in advance!! X
You're right - it's one monologue and one song for Bird. It's a full on day - they will take part in various classes and will also have a physical assesment (so make sure DD has crop top / shorts)

A few may be offered a place on the day although most will hear by email in a couple of weeks. Don't despair if your DD ends up on the reserve list - there's a lot of movement on that when the final auditions are over.

They assess for all courses at the same time and don't have recalls (We were told that people spend enough on auditions and they don't want additional costs putting people off)

If offered a degree, the Student Finances are arranged through the University of Greenwich. If diploma and offered a place on the day or straight after then it's likely you'll be offered a DADA (they only give these out when their funding has been confirmed)

My DD is at Bird and loves it. Good luck
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Thanks in advance!! X
Another with DD at Bird here and she loves it.
Tips -
Be prepared for a thorough audition day.
Take water and food.
Show enthusiasm. Don't slouch if it's not your turn - remember you can be observed even when waiting.
They like make up and red lippy and I suggest a bright leotard for jazz.
For the singing, show some acting through song / perform it.
As munchpot says don't get too disheartened if it's a reserve. It changes a lot. Our DD got foundation offer first time round and took up that offer. They audition again for the degree/ diploma.
The parents talk was useful on the audition day.
DD very happy there.
Good luck!
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Also no cuts or recalls and offer comes later by post I think - as munchpot said they get considered for all the options at same time.
itsalongshot
BRIT Award

Post by itsalongshot »

Starstruck39 wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:57 pm Hi can I ask.. is you DC in A host family ? If so was it an easy process finding one?
No news yet for my DC . But only been 5 days! 🤞
Hi, which school/ college are you asking about please.