Drama school

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Rhymie
BRIT Award

Drama school

Post by Rhymie »

I hope that I can offer some support for all you parents and students out there who haven’t had the news you wanted this year and maybe this is your 2nd or 3rd year of trying. It’s so hard to keep watching your child fail and then watch as they pick themselves up, dust themselves off and try and get the strength to do it all over again the following year.
I’m here to tell you to keep going and help them keep going. My DS has this morning accepted a place on the BA acting course at Bristol Old Vic. It’s year 4. Stick with it, improve, do some other stuff, get a job, work hard and keep trying.
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Re: Drama school

Post by lbm1e14 »

Rhymie wrote:I hope that I can offer some support for all you parents and students out there who haven’t had the news you wanted this year and maybe this is your 2nd or 3rd year of trying. It’s so hard to keep watching your child fail and then watch as they pick themselves up, dust themselves off and try and get the strength to do it all over again the following year.
I’m here to tell you to keep going and help them keep going. My DS has this morning accepted a place on the BA acting course at Bristol Old Vic. It’s year 4. Stick with it, improve, do some other stuff, get a job, work hard and keep trying.
Fantastic news for him and credit to you all for keeping him in the game. People not involved in all this don't realise it's a team game. They can't do it alone. I've said before that in my humble opinion those who succeed in the PA business are not always the best. The difference in the level of talent after 3 years training is so small as to be unimportant. The ones who succeed are the survivors, the ones who don't give up and don't take no for an answer, who keep their nerve. And they can't do that on their own. They need their family and friends to carry them along and help them keep the faith.
Aliarts
Nominee

Post by Aliarts »

Rhymie wrote:I hope that I can offer some support for all you parents and students out there who haven’t had the news you wanted this year and maybe this is your 2nd or 3rd year of trying. It’s so hard to keep watching your child fail and then watch as they pick themselves up, dust themselves off and try and get the strength to do it all over again the following year.
I have PM'd you but I'm absolutely thrilled for him! Congratulations!
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

That is such great news!! It is very hard watching them disappointed but what a fantastic reward in the end :) x
Humph
GRAMMY Award

Post by Humph »

Absolutely lovely to read this news Congratulations =D> =D> =D>
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Thank you for sharing. Very inspirational and massive congratulations to your DS x