What's on Stage article

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Re: What's on Stage article

Post by islandofsodor »

As I said previously all those colleges are regular advertisers although apparently MTA have recently halved their advertising budget with the stage after continuing for an extra year. (It merited a mention in the annual report). The only one I don’t recall seeing in there is Emil Dale but I’ve not been reading it very much this past 12 months, I must start again regularly.

Some institutions choose to market themselves in different publications such as Dancing Times. I do find reading company accounts fascinating though. You learn such a lot.
Katymac
OSCAR Award

Post by Katymac »

My list was at the bottom of the article

Bodywork is missing as mentioned so are performers, stella mann masters, the centre, london studio centre, millennium just off the top of my head
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Also London College of Music was missed. I know its not one of the big schools but more well known than some of those mentioned. Although I suppose everyone has a different idea of what's "well known". I guess I get mine from reading this forum and Twitter (and that depends on who you follow) ;)
theMTAonline
BRIT Award

Post by theMTAonline »

Talk about late to a party to reply. . . but anyway, just to put the record straight on some points raised here. The MTA (The Musical Theatre Academy) discovered that it was on this list the same time as you all did. So no money was exchanged to get us placed on there. However we are the only college to have been awarded The Stage School of the Year twice (2012 & 2017), the first time for our innovative approach and the second time for our pioneering work around mental health and by that time being able to prove that our innovative approach worked. So I guess that's why we were included? It was rightly mentioned that we actually don't spend very much money on advertising in The Stage as we tend to use social media and word of mouth, and it was indeed commented on in our annual report.

Who knows how these lists are decided upon. The first year that they did a list like this we were omitted and we had just been named School of the Year? Go figure. :roll:

I trust that you're all coping coming up to the end of the 2018 audition circuit and your DC are either getting excited about starting their next chapters, or getting themselves psyched up to start all over again. :D Whichever it is - happy Summer Hols
As an aside we now have a Parent's Group over on FB for those of you interested in finding out more about The MTA.