Alra Audition

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

kittykatty
BRIT Award

Alra Audition

Post by kittykatty »

I wondered if anyone who had an audition for ALRA recently could share their experience.

DD auditioned for ALRA last week. After the first stage about half were recalled, including DD, and put in 3 groups for the second stage. After the second stage everyone in her group was told they could go and would get an email which was very confusing as they all thought they would get told either they had got through to the interview stage (in which case they stayed for the interview) or had not got through to interview stage. She checked with student helper who said they hadn't been doing interviews recently so she and others left.

However, she found out later someone in another group did have an interview.

She has heard nothing and has now idea whether she is still being considered or whether she left to early.

Someone has suggested that each group was for a different course and she may have been in the Foundation Group and perhaps they don't do interviews but they were not told that.

I just wondered if that had happened to anyone else. Thank you
Aliarts
Nominee

Re: Alra Audition

Post by Aliarts »

kittykatty wrote:I wondered if anyone who had an audition for ALRA recently could share their experience.

DD auditioned for ALRA last week. After the first stage about half were recalled, including DD, and put in 3 groups for the second stage. After the second stage everyone in her group was told they could go and would get an email which was very confusing as they all thought they would get told either they had got through to the interview stage (in which case they stayed for the interview) or had not got through to interview stage. She checked with student helper who said they hadn't been doing interviews recently so she and others left.

However, she found out later someone in another group did have an interview.

She has heard nothing and has now idea whether she is still being considered or whether she left to early.

Someone has suggested that each group was for a different course and she may have been in the Foundation Group and perhaps they don't do interviews but they were not told that.

I just wondered if that had happened to anyone else. Thank you
My DD auditioned last year but it sounds like the format may have changed this year. In her recall they were all in one group and then there was another cut to see who got through to interview. My DD did get through to interview and was offered the 3 year course and someone who was rejected after the second round asked if they could be considered for the foundation and was told no because they hadn't got through to interview so it sounds as though last year all offers were made after the interviews. ALRA's admin team were particularly friendly though and it's worth ringing or sending an email and I'm sure they would be happy to let you know whether your DD is still being considered. Good luck!
kittykatty
BRIT Award

Re: Alra Audition

Post by kittykatty »

Thank you - that is what we expected to happen as that is what their Audition guidelines state. However, the whole group were told they could go after stage 2 and they would get an email - hence the confusion. I will contact Admissions and ask them.