When to apply to Tring Park?

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

loladd33
GRAMMY Award

When to apply to Tring Park?

Post by loladd33 »

Hiya all my dd is in year 10 and it says on the Tring website that applications are released in September, however we are anxious about applying for an audition before we’ve looked round the school at the open days in October! What should we do? X
Harry2003
GRAMMY Award

Re: When to apply to Tring Park?

Post by Harry2003 »

I am sure there are students that don’t apply until the open day has been. Personally I would apply as soon as audition dates come out as they do get fully booked. The audition experience is vital regardless of whether you want to go to the school or not. The open days also get fully booked so book that as soon as possible to get the one you want. Also, perhaps get dd into one of the summer schools. It gives a good idea of the school and feel for the place.
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

Harry2003 wrote:I am sure there are students that don’t apply until the open day has been. Personally I would apply as soon as audition dates come out as they do get fully booked. The audition experience is vital regardless of whether you want to go to the school or not. The open days also get fully booked so book that as soon as possible to get the one you want. Also, perhaps get dd into one of the summer schools. It gives a good idea of the school and feel for the place.
Thank you very much! We’ll definitely book ASAP for the Open day! X
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Dd decided not to apply for Tring after attending summer school there but we applied for places as soon as applications were open. She and most of her friends visited schools during Year 10 (some even during Year 9) and kept year 11 just for auditions as it is already hard to juggle GCSE's, ance classes and auditions.