Urdang September 18

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

hamerg
Nominee

Urdang September 18

Post by hamerg »

Hi,
Just wondered if there was anybody on this site who has a daughter/son starting the AVT course at Urdang in September 18?
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Re: Urdang September 18

Post by amo185 »

Picking up this old query, is anyone's DC on this course at the moment or has a place for next year? It's one we are considering but cannot find anyone doing it who can provide more information. Trying to work out the criteria for being considered! Thanks x
hamerg
Nominee

Post by hamerg »

Hi,
My daughter is starting this course in September, we know of someone who is on this course at the moment in her first year and loves it.
But we don’t know anybody who will be on it this year.
hamerg
Nominee

Post by hamerg »

[quote="hamerg"]Hi,
My daughter is starting this course in September, we know of someone who is on this course at the moment in her first year and she loves it.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

Can you possibly give an indication of your dd's background in dance/performing etc? What standard is she at? Been a bit confused about who it is aimed at. My dd does not want to train "properly" full time until she is 18 so does not want to audition for their diploma and this looked a possibility but we're really not sure about the standard expected in each discipline. Also, how many auditioned for how many places? DD loved their pre-voc course so Urdang is up there with the rest! Thank you!
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

hamerg wrote:
hamerg wrote:Hi,
My daughter is starting this course in September, we know of someone who is on this course at the moment in her first year and she loves it.
Hi. My daughter has been offered this course.
She has been offered others at diploma level but is not sure she wants to do that level yet.
Do you know how many contact hours she does a week? I don’t want to spend a lot of money on travel/acomadation to find we could have done a BTeC locally for free for more hours. I have contacted them but they haven’t got back to me.
I was hoping to see a copy of the timetable for this year’s lessons to get an idea of training.