London college of music

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

yorshiremum
BRIT Award

Re: London college of music

Post by yorshiremum »

Hi Bop2thetop

Yes please PM me. My dd was in Fiddler on the roof but I saw rags too and thought it was excellent.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

bop2thetop wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
bop2thetop wrote:Hi LiveTheDream,
My DS goes to LCM. He's in the first year of the 3 year Degree course. Hes really enjoying it so far. He says the teachers are really good and he loves his lessons. Hes more of an actor singer than a dancer and although they do do dance i think the course is weighted more to actor singers which suits him.
Ive been looking at what graduates are doing with interest. I can tell you about what a few people are doing (from their Twitter page) I know somone who has gone straight on a cruise ship as a lead singer, someone is understudy Genie in Aladdin (West End), they have someone currently in My Land's Shore , somone else in Carmen (West End) and others have been in all sorts of Pantos and cruises. The 3rd years had their showcase last week in Soho which was attended by lots of Agents. Its difficult to say what their success rate is like compared to the big drama schools because no one ever tells you about all the talented graduates that never get in to anything. No where is a guarantee, but obvioulsy you can improve your chances dependent on where you go.
You can get normal student funding there which makes it affordable to more people. We couldnt afford Arts Ed or Mountview and he didnt have the grades for GSA so we're grateful he could go to LCM. :D
Thank you bop2thetop. That's really helpful. DS is also a strong singer/actor and so far with Nos from arts ed and mountview we were looking at options and came across LCM. DS also auditioning at GSA but doesn't have the grades so not hopeful
Ah good luck to your DS Live the Dream. Hope he gets in somewhere he likes. Feel free to PM me if you' like? I know about LCM and GSA
Hi bop2thetop - thank you so much for the information. I'm at the moment trying to encourage DS to go for it. I will PM you at some point if that's ok.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

yorshiremum wrote:Hi all

My dd is in final year at LCM and she'd thoroughly recommend it. They have just had their showcase at Soho Theatre so difficult to say how successful everyone will be with agents. There were plenty there and I know some people have several offers already.It's a fairly new course and definitely more actor/singer, but they do seem to be getting some success in the west end such as Book of Mormon, Aladdin and Motown. Teaching quality is very high and they do share directors/teachers with other drama schools such as Arts Ed and Rose Bruford for example. Shows this year have been Fiddler on the roof and Rags, with 9 to 5 and Urinetown to follow. It is certainly easier to get into than GSA so I would definitely recommend it as a UCAS option. Please DM if anyone has any questions. :D :D
Thanks Yorshiremum - this is really useful. I did find your posts from previous years informative too. Just trying to encourage DS now to consider it.
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

Live_thedream wrote:
bop2thetop wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Thank you bop2thetop. That's really helpful. DS is also a strong singer/actor and so far with Nos from arts ed and mountview we were looking at options and came across LCM. DS also auditioning at GSA but doesn't have the grades so not hopeful
Ah good luck to your DS Live the Dream. Hope he gets in somewhere he likes. Feel free to PM me if you' like? I know about LCM and GSA
Hi bop2thetop - thank you so much for the information. I'm at the moment trying to encourage DS to go for it. I will PM you at some point if that's ok.
Hi Live the Dream - Yes please feel free to PM me. :D My DS is just finishing year 1 assessments etc and still happy. He holds the teachers there in high regard. Yorshiremums DD has just done the Agent Showcase and is about to take part in Urinetown so she can tell you how the current third years are getting on :D
JustaPhase
BRIT Award

Post by JustaPhase »

This hasn't been on our radar, but I see they have a straight acting course, so will mention it to DD who will be auditioning for 2019.

So much really helpful information here.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

bop2thetop wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
bop2thetop wrote:
Hi Live the Dream - Yes please feel free to PM me. :D My DS is just finishing year 1 assessments etc and still happy. He holds the teachers there in high regard. Yorshiremums DD has just done the Agent Showcase and is about to take part in Urinetown so she can tell you how the current third years are getting on :D
Wow that's brilliant. It's helpful to know if people who have come out the other side and are doing well.