hearing from Bird

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

bro1234
BRIT Award

Re: hearing from Bird

Post by bro1234 »

Congrats to everyone. Feeling a bit worried now if people are already being offered funding. Our letter says unfunded Diploma place which we accepted, and they will be putting DD on the reserve list for funding. Im hoping the reserve funding list is not too long!
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

bro1234 wrote:Congrats to everyone. Feeling a bit worried now if people are already being offered funding. Our letter says unfunded Diploma place which we accepted, and they will be putting DD on the reserve list for funding. Im hoping the reserve funding list is not too long!
Dont think the colleges find out what funding they have off the government till a date in March and then they start offering it out. Its normal to be offered the place and have to wait on funding. Fingers crossed your DD got a high score so they are near the top to be offered. They work their way down the list and as people reject due to other offers or earnings they pass it on to the next person. But like I said before they were still offering Dadas and places to people in September last year.
bro1234
BRIT Award

Post by bro1234 »

Hi Dancemom43

Thank you for your reply. Makes me feel better knowing this is normal xx.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Bird are notorious for being really late offering funding. If you look back over threads from 2016 and 2017 people have still been waiting right through the summer. Best of luck!
Nettyj50
Nominee

Post by Nettyj50 »

smallbythesea wrote:
bro1234 wrote:good afternoon all.

My DD got offered Diploma place at Bird. Shes 15, 16 this year Although reserve for funding. Not sure how this DADA all works? Good luck to everyone already placed and waiting to hear their outcomes. x
Congratulations!! What a nerve wracking process.

Did the letter specifically say a reserve place? I hear there's lots of movement. Dds friend was offered a place 4 weeks before the start of term.

My dd also offered a place but my letter didn't say reserve. Says unfunded place but once they hear about how much they have been allocated that they hope to offer her funding with accommodation.and funding info to follow. The letter was so odd I ended up clarifying over the phone with them and they said it's a place with a Dada . 2 girls she knows who were offered a place on the day also got the same letter.

Hi my DD 15 received same letter after auditioning in November. Received DADA offer letter last Monday. Have you heard anything yet?
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

Nettyj50 wrote:
smallbythesea wrote:
bro1234 wrote:good afternoon all.

My DD got offered Diploma place at Bird. Shes 15, 16 this year Although reserve for funding. Not sure how this DADA all works? Good luck to everyone already placed and waiting to hear their outcomes. x

Did the letter specifically say a reserve place? I hear there's lots of movement. Dds friend was offered a place 4 weeks before the start of term.

My dd also offered a place but my letter didn't say reserve. Says unfunded place but once they hear about how much they have been allocated that they hope to offer her funding with accommodation.and funding info to follow. The letter was so odd I ended up clarifying over the phone with them and they said it's a place with a Dada . 2 girls she knows who were offered a place on the day also got the same letter.

Hi my DD 15 received same letter after auditioning in November. Received DADA offer letter last Monday. Have you heard anything yet?

I have sent you a pm Nettyj50
bro1234
BRIT Award

Post by bro1234 »

Hi All

No we havent heard anything yet regarding funding. Keeping my fingers crossed, although may be crossed for a long while as they offer funding right up until September I think !

xx
Nettyj50
Nominee

Post by Nettyj50 »

smallbythesea wrote:
Nettyj50 wrote:
smallbythesea wrote:

I have sent you a pm Nettyj50
I have sent pm back smallbythesea