Local College Questions

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Re: Local College Questions

Post by scottishdancer00 »

Robin64 wrote:How about that 4 year course at London college of music that has been mentioned in other thread? I think you are free to move elsewhere after the foundation year but equally can stay for the degree. Decent option?
Definitely would be a great option except we simply can’t finance a move to London for the foundation year on top of a degree / diploma :/
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

scottishdancer00 wrote:
Robin64 wrote:How about that 4 year course at London college of music that has been mentioned in other thread? I think you are free to move elsewhere after the foundation year but equally can stay for the degree. Decent option?
Definitely would be a great option except we simply can’t finance a move to London for the foundation year on top of a degree / diploma :/
You don't pay for the foundation at LCM it is covered by student loan which is what makes it unusual. Your DD would get maintenance loan too plus possibly the £2000 bursary they offer to foundation students (plus they also give another £2000 if they stay on for degree). No initial different costs to her getting in to any degree course just extra year of student loans. If you have a poor local option I would really consider something like this plus there would be no stopping her trying other courses next year as far as I can see unless the bursary has a clause in about staying. Otherwise you could book up some good pre-voc or audition prep easter / summer courses plus try YMT or NYMT or NYT then audition again. I don't know much about LCM but have looked at their website and the chat on here seems positive. Definitely a purse friendly option I would say.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Also I think it was mentioned that the LCM course suits strong singer actors if that suits more.