Jill Clewes Academy for Theatre Arts Open Evening

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Jill Clewes Academy for Theatre Arts Open Evening

Post by islandofsodor »

Firstly let me say that I have no affilliation whatsoever with this institution at all other than the fact that its fairly local to me and that if my daughter hadn't already gained Level 6 diploma offers she would have no hesitation in applying. It has a great reputation for preparing students for vocational diploma and degree courses and has alumni at a range of prestigious colleges. Only this weekend a sales assistant who served me told me her daughter who had trained there in now doing well at GSA and the lovely waiter at my son's birthday meal starts at Bird College in September. He told me he had hardly danced before starting at The Academy which is a huge testament to their training.

Alumni include the person who was Charlie Stemp's understudy in Half a Sixpence (sorry can't remember his name off the top of my head.)

Anyway they have an open evening in Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire on Thursday at 5.30pm. I think that this college is a very well kept secret and well worth considering for 16 year olds who are either not ready or don't want to go off to London until they are 18. The qualification provided is the fully funded Level 3 Btec Extended Diploma in Performing Arts. I certainly would not consider going further afield for a Level 3 with this available in the North Midlands.

www.academyfortheatrearts.co.uk