Italia Conti degree

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Robin64
BAFTA Award

Italia Conti degree

Post by Robin64 »

Any thoughts on this as a possible degree choice. We do not have any experience of Italia Conti apart from obviously being aware of it as a school. Really need to get some feedback on what it's like. thanks
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Re: Italia Conti degree

Post by dancemom43 »

Robin64 wrote:Any thoughts on this as a possible degree choice. We do not have any experience of Italia Conti apart from obviously being aware of it as a school. Really need to get some feedback on what it's like. thanks
Hi
They have two schools, the main one in Central London which 20 years ago was the bees knees and lots of famous people went there but do not hear so much of the school now.
More recently they opened the Guildford branch which is small and does BTEC etc along with DDI courses.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Thanks. Was hoping for some feedback from someone with recent experience if possible. It is on the UCAS list and costs the normal student loan amount which is a criteria for us. Appears to be new for 2018 and at barbican or Guildford. DD not so keen on somewhere super-stage-schooly if that makes sense but looking for an affordable 5th choice.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Robin64 wrote:Thanks. Was hoping for some feedback from someone with recent experience if possible. It is on the UCAS list and costs the normal student loan amount which is a criteria for us. Appears to be new for 2018 and at barbican or Guildford. DD not so keen on somewhere super-stage-schooly if that makes sense but looking for an affordable 5th choice.
We know someone at Guildford and they are enjoying the course. Yes Degree new fur September so just need to make sure Student finance is available as not all schools get it straight away. Guildford is a small school x
loladd33
GRAMMY Award

Post by loladd33 »

One of DDs old drama teachers did an Italia Conti degree, she loved it, but hasn’t got much work since. Obvi Idly that’s just her and anyway she adored the school so from someone’s experience I would say that it was good x
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Robin64 wrote:Any thoughts on this as a possible degree choice. We do not have any experience of Italia Conti apart from obviously being aware of it as a school. Really need to get some feedback on what it's like. thanks
Hi Robin64 - have you heard much about Italia Conti, since your initial query? We are in a similar boat and wanting to learn more too?
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

DS has also applied for the new degree and heard nothing.
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

DDs friend has been offered degree course. He loved the buzz. A relief as no other three year offers despite his obvious talent. We will be keeping an eye on this one as like others have said it's a college we now hear very little about.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Live_thedream wrote:
Hi Robin64 - have you heard much about Italia Conti, since your initial query? We are in a similar boat and wanting to learn more too?
No haven't really got any further. Dd didn't seem that keen but I would still like to find out more. The course outline on the website looked quite interesting I thought.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Robin64 wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
No haven't really got any further. Dd didn't seem that keen but I would still like to find out more. The course outline on the website looked quite interesting I thought.
DS has been put off by audition process and because it seems dance based. But like you - I think it's worth a shot
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Too late for 2018 entry in case anyone was wondering. I checked.
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

My DS has just been offered a place for September. He was dubious about the audition as it required a dance solo, and due to a series of mix ups he only found out about the audition a week before. Dance is probably his weakest area, but he put something together and must have been OK. He liked the place and at the audition there were lots of current students around to talk to which he liked. If he ends up going there I'll let you know what the course is like! Although it's a new degree, they've been running the diploma for a while and the courses will be practically the same (as far as he could tell).
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

DGtherunner wrote:My DS has just been offered a place for September. He was dubious about the audition as it required a dance solo, and due to a series of mix ups he only found out about the audition a week before. Dance is probably his weakest area, but he put something together and must have been OK. He liked the place and at the audition there were lots of current students around to talk to which he liked. If he ends up going there I'll let you know what the course is like! Although it's a new degree, they've been running the diploma for a while and the courses will be practically the same (as far as he could tell).
Thanks for that - it's on my DD's list. Agree with communication - Whilst I've found Italia Conti great to deal with, it's been the UEL side that has let it down - at one point they told us that they couldn't communicate with my DD as three years previously she had opted out of marketing emails from them, so they couldn't communicate about her UCAS application.

Luckily the college seemed far more organised