Urdang Result

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Upinlights
BRIT Award

Urdang Result

Post by Upinlights »

Hi My dd auditioned Sunday for Urdang . Anyone else attend and waiting on result ? My dd loved the college and its her first choice
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: Urdang Result

Post by lotsolaffs »

Hi was this for the diploma/degree/6th form?
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

Hi Yes. They were considering them for all three
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Three of my daughter's friends were there on Sunday. I've not heard of any results yet.
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

My dd's best friend got offered a full scholarship by phone yesterday on the Diploma ! We haven't heard anything , expect normal offers take up to 2 weeks. Two of my dd's friends auditioned last month and heard after 15 days.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Upinlights wrote:My dd's best friend got offered a full scholarship by phone yesterday on the Diploma ! We haven't heard anything , expect normal offers take up to 2 weeks. Two of my dd's friends auditioned last month and heard after 15 days.
I know last year a few boys got the phone calls early but for girls it was the 2 week wait then an email and return March time for funding audition
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

My daughter auditioned on Sunday x She loved every moment of it.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

And rejected xxx
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

My dd very lucky to have received a recall . Good luck to everyone else xx
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Marissa wrote:And rejected xxx
Ahhhh....I hope your dd isn't too disappointed Marissa. It's still very early in the audition process, and she will end up at the place right for her, even if it isn't her 1st choice right away. My dd auditioned last year and had a rejection from Urdang, but the college's all seem to look for something different (luckily) so she still had plenty of other offers. She ended up accepting a dada at Performers which wasn't one of her favourites when she auditioned, and she is really happy there. Wishing your dd the best of luck with all her other auditions. Xxx
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Upinlights wrote:My dd very lucky to have received a recall . Good luck to everyone else xx
Well done to your dd Upinlights. And good luck for the recall. Xxxx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou beanie-bean x I have found this whole process very stressful lol x we are expecting to be rejected by GSA too soon but we have two more, maybe more realistic ones, before Christmas so touchwood x She was so happy at the audition so it's a shame but at least money wise it's not so bad now x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

And well done Upinlights x
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

Marissa wrote:And rejected xxx
It'll all work out and things will be what they are meant to be. We had a tough time the Christmas before last. DD had 7 auditions lined up. By Christmas she'd done 4 and had 4 rejections. Then got an offer from the first one she did in the January. She's now attending that college and is thriving. You just need to be positive for them and help them keep believing. Very few get in the first year of applying. As for GSA it's a real long shot for most. They don't take many who are applying for the first time.