Late audition ?!

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Late audition ?!

Post by scottishdancer00 »

Sent off UCAS Conservatoires application and it’s saying that the audition method will be late audition - will this affect DDs chances of getting in ?! I don’t think we requested late auditions and I thought November would be time enough to apply with a January closing date
lynne
GRAMMY Award

Re: Late audition ?!

Post by lynne »

We got the same reply! Sent ours off last weekend.
bethjaneg
BRIT Award

Post by bethjaneg »

I think it’s because the conservatories open their applications early alongside Oxbridge, medical and vetinary medicine. The UCAS deadline for these is 15th October so I assume anything later would be considered late. Very interesting to hear that they consider late applicants a late audition as many of my students think they’ve missed the opportunity to audition for these schools if they didn’t apply by 15th October. My only experIence is as a teacher (my kids are much younger) so I’m sure others have much greater experience.
scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Post by scottishdancer00 »

bethjaneg wrote:I think it’s because the conservatories open their applications early alongside Oxbridge, medical and vetinary medicine. The UCAS deadline for these is 15th October so I assume anything later would be considered late. Very interesting to hear that they consider late applicants a late audition as many of my students think they’ve missed the opportunity to audition for these schools if they didn’t apply by 15th October. My only experIence is as a teacher (my kids are much younger) so I’m sure others have much greater experience.
Our application wasn’t late though . It said on the websites that closing date was January 15th
Here we go again
Nominee

Post by Here we go again »

I think that the applications for music at Conservatoires closed early but for dance and MT it is the same as all UCAS applications - 15th January. I would ring them and ask.