ucas

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Robin64
BAFTA Award

ucas

Post by Robin64 »

Can I just offer a tip to anyone applying via UCAS this year for the first time. Print out your UCAS application pages and store / screenshot.

Filling out the UCAS online form is fairly time consuming and there is quite a bit to find out and fill in. All the personal info, qualifications, which gcse board for each exam etc. DD did her personal statement as a word doc and pasted it in which is advised, so we do have that and can update it. What I did not realise is that all the applications are wiped (or archived without possible access) so if you do a foundation or for any other reason need to apply again the following year, you need to re-do the whole thing. I really wish we had printed out each page and kept it. I just assumed it would be there to update. Apparently they are working on this but it is not possible now.
moleseymum
BRIT Award

Re: ucas

Post by moleseymum »

You can install something called 'CutePDF' which is free and allows you to select it as your printer and turns any document or whatever you want to print as a PDF that you can save. Much easier than printing and scanning :)
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Re: ucas

Post by lotsolaffs »

Great tip Robin64!