Passport style photographs

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Passport style photographs

Post by scottishdancer00 »

For arts ed and several other places the forms say passport style photographs are required . What does this mean - is it indirectly hinting at a headshot because unfortunately that won’t be possible this year . Can a school picture be used or is it okay to take one on a phone . Are these photos very important ?
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Re: Passport style photographs

Post by Robin64 »

Hi as far as I remember just a standard picture like you get in one of those photo booths is fine. Doesn't have to be as picky as a passport one. Do one you can upload too. The only ones to be careful with were the ballet poses pictures for Bird. Do these with ballet teacher if you can if you apply there. You won't need professional headshots.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Hello

Yes, these are just photo booth type ones. Some ask for full body shots in different poses, as far as I remember it was Bird and Performers who wanted those and we just did them ourselves against a plan background. I remember my sister, who has nothing to do with MT was up in arms about it, saying she wouldn't send photos of a child of her in just a leotard! :roll:
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

We did our ballet poses in our house and sent off - got auditions through for all of the colleges applied for. Passport style were headshots that I printed in passport size.x
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

I think by passport stlye, they just mean a head and shoulders shot, printed off in the size of a passport photo. They won't require professional headshots, just ensure it's a good likeness and very recent.