bird foundation

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Robin64
BAFTA Award

bird foundation

Post by Robin64 »

Hi
Does anyone know the official hours studied for bird foundation please? I need it for a form, I have left a message with them to ask but if anyone knows it might be quicker. Thanks
Mia17
Nominee

Re: bird foundation

Post by Mia17 »

hi did you find out as I am also after this?
Thank xo
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Mia17 wrote:hi did you find out as I am also after this?
Thank xo
Actually no not yet. I have just put full time on form and left it at that but would like to find out for reference. I will check with DD who has a timetable and see how many hours are on that but haven't seen any official contact hours anywhere.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Just a quick post to say so far this is proving an absolutely amazing experience for DD. So for anyone going into auditions for 2018 entry, I can vouch for the Bird foundation as being very well worth it. The training is full on and with excellent teachers, it is extremely friendly and supportive with all courses mixing and supporting each other, halls of residence great. DD is generally there at 8am and often til 6.45pm she has even managed to get up at 6.30am most days and that in itself is astounding!! She has been into London to see a show / go out with friends from college and is coping well with looking after herself. We are hugely proud of her and thoroughly enjoy hearing how much she loves it. As some of you will know it wasn't an easy decision for us due to the finances of the foundation but so glad we managed to sort it. I am totally aware that it just isn't an option for lots of people sadly but if like us you are not sure if it might be worth the struggle but can just about make it work I thought it might be encouraging to feed back that the course is fantastic and even better than we hoped for. So if you end up with a foundation offer, rest assured it will be amazing and they will be absolutely prepared for the next audition round and have made super friends too (and be much fitter!!). Unlike some of the comments it doesn't seem really big and they are taught in small groups or sets of about 20. Lots of individual attention and personal feedback. They cover all aspects of MT well, not just dance. Relieved and happy here after that tough audition process. Hope that helps.
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2girlsmum »

So good to hear that your DD is happy and enjoying her course Robin64 x
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

This is lovely to hear. We are just starting the audtion application process for September 2018 entry and Bird is on DD's list. She loved the open day there. Having spoken to several students she knows the audition process is very hard but two of her BTEC college friends from the year above her have just started their training on the Degree Course and are loving every minute! :D
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Robin64 wrote:Just a quick post to say so far this is proving an absolutely amazing experience for DD. So for anyone going into auditions for 2018 entry, I can vouch for the Bird foundation as being very well worth it. The training is full on and with excellent teachers, it is extremely friendly and supportive with all courses mixing and supporting each other, halls of residence great. DD is generally there at 8am and often til 6.45pm she has even managed to get up at 6.30am most days and that in itself is astounding!! She has been into London to see a show / go out with friends from college and is coping well with looking after herself. We are hugely proud of her and thoroughly enjoy hearing how much she loves it. As some of you will know it wasn't an easy decision for us due to the finances of the foundation but so glad we managed to sort it. I am totally aware that it just isn't an option for lots of people sadly but if like us you are not sure if it might be worth the struggle but can just about make it work I thought it might be encouraging to feed back that the course is fantastic and even better than we hoped for. So if you end up with a foundation offer, rest assured it will be amazing and they will be absolutely prepared for the next audition round and have made super friends too (and be much fitter!!). Unlike some of the comments it doesn't seem really big and they are taught in small groups or sets of about 20. Lots of individual attention and personal feedback. They cover all aspects of MT well, not just dance. Relieved and happy here after that tough audition process. Hope that helps.
Agree 100% My DD is on the same course. They certainly work them hard, she's often heading to bed each night just after 9pm! but loves every second
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

2girlsmum wrote:So good to hear that your DD is happy and enjoying her course Robin64 x
Ah thanks 2girlsmum. Hope your DD is enjoying her course too.
Munchpot wrote:
Robin64 wrote:Just a quick post to say so far this is proving an absolutely amazing experience for DD. So for anyone going into auditions for 2018 entry, I can vouch for the Bird foundation as being very well worth it. The training is full on and with excellent teachers, it is extremely friendly and supportive with all courses mixing and supporting each other, halls of residence great. DD is generally there at 8am and often til 6.45pm she has even managed to get up at 6.30am most days and that in itself is astounding!! She has been into London to see a show / go out with friends from college and is coping well with looking after herself. We are hugely proud of her and thoroughly enjoy hearing how much she loves it. As some of you will know it wasn't an easy decision for us due to the finances of the foundation but so glad we managed to sort it. I am totally aware that it just isn't an option for lots of people sadly but if like us you are not sure if it might be worth the struggle but can just about make it work I thought it might be encouraging to feed back that the course is fantastic and even better than we hoped for. So if you end up with a foundation offer, rest assured it will be amazing and they will be absolutely prepared for the next audition round and have made super friends too (and be much fitter!!). Unlike some of the comments it doesn't seem really big and they are taught in small groups or sets of about 20. Lots of individual attention and personal feedback. They cover all aspects of MT well, not just dance. Relieved and happy here after that tough audition process. Hope that helps.
Agree 100% My DD is on the same course. They certainly work them hard, she's often heading to bed each night just after 9pm! but loves every second
Yes DD often in bed at that time too!! unheard of at home!!