Tring Audition

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Not_MrsWorthington
BRIT Award

Tring Audition

Post by Not_MrsWorthington »

Hi, does anyone on here have any experience of DS or DD doing an audition for Tring? My DS has an audition in November for the 4th Form Performance Foundation Course starting 2018 and wondering what to expect, especially from the Jazz Dance class and the academic assessment and how best to prepare. Thanks
Jellyb
Nominee

Re: Tring Audition

Post by Jellyb »

My DD did audition for same year but for dance courses can't help on the jazz class but I think the academic are the same. They were not something to prepare for, just standard reasoning type tests, absolutely nothing to worry about, the school even say they don't take them into account when making offers it's just to know roughly where they are and if they're likely to need extra support.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

My DD auditioned for 3rd form back in 2013 and she said it was just a dance class which really stretched her. Think it was designed to see the potential rather than how advanced the kids were. Some of the kids had not actually danced before. DD said she found the dance quite hard as she is not really a dancer but she was accepted. Once at the school they set the kids according to their ability so I wouldn't worry too much. The academic test is also designed to see where the students are. The school is non selective academically and the test results are used to place them in the right sets. I think it is best to just go along and enjoy the day.
All new to me!
Not_MrsWorthington
BRIT Award

Post by Not_MrsWorthington »

Thanks for replies, v helpful.