foundation course housing benefit

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Re: foundation course housing benefit

Post by sailorgirluae »

For those that may not be aware and are in receipt of Child benefit you can continue to claim this if they are on a Foundation Course and the course starts before their 19th birthday. You have to apply for it but we have just had ours confirmed.
Bean
Nominee

Post by Bean »

sailorgirluae wrote:Hi. Yes - it’s always been her first choice and she isn’t going to do her remaining Trinity audition because at the moment she’d still prefer a GSA foundation year. I’m still a little confused about where we are in the procedure as she tried for the BA and was offered foundation at her recall. We’ve also had an email offer which we’ve accepted but apparently we will have to fill in an online form too which we haven’t heard anything about yet. Is your DC definitely going too ?

Sorry for the very late reply - yes my DS has taken the GSA foundation offer - turned down 2 - 3 year offers as he would prefer to go here instead - hope its the right choice.[/quote]

Fabulous. I wonder if your DS and my DD have already met on the FB Foundation Course page .... my DD has been chatting to everyone there for a month or two.

I’m sure it’s the right choice..... I think they have to go with their instincts when the final decision is made.
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Not sure if he is on the FB page - I'll check with him.