The house is quiet

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

The house is quiet

Post by dancemom43 »

So has anyone else's child now moved out to start their training and how you feeling ?
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Re: The house is quiet

Post by Robin64 »

I was quite emotional when eldest DD went off to uni a couple of years ago - it is quite a big change, hope you are not too sad. Not sure yet as DD hasn't gone and we have stuff to sort out this week. See how it is next week after drop off. Will not miss looking at her bedroom mess and late night pick ups from her waitressing job.
bop2thetop
GRAMMY Award

Post by bop2thetop »

My DS is due to move out this Friday. Im partly excited for him and partly dreading it. I know its going to be so weird without him and i will miss him so much. But as we all do, I want the best for him and will be happy that hes happy doing what he loves.

i do sometimes question why we all do this. We're positively enccouraging our children to leave us! ;) My DD is also living in London and auditioning post graduating. So my house will be very quiet too. :-({|=
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

We dropped DD off Saturday and I feel emotionally and skills wise she is ready. Her house is beautiful and the people she is sharing with seem lovely. I was very good Saturday and did not cry but admit to a few tears Sunday morning. It was a long day without her at home as miss my best friend but today a little easier as working so guess just got to keep busy. I imagine it's same for all those going off to Uni x
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Ahhh.....dancemum43, mixed emotions I am sure! But how wonderfully exciting for all the DC's moving away for college/Uni. I get to keep my DD at home, but I know she would have liked to have the experience of moving away....thinking off all the parents missing their babies..lots of love x xxx
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

It is odd, but I'm so happy for my DD, as she is going away to follow her dream and so something that she absolutely loves. She has worked SO hard for this and was so fortunate to be able to choose from multiple offers, so I try to think about how she is feeling, rather than dwell on the fact that no-one is here at home belting out MT songs morning, noon and night!! :lol:
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

DD moves out this Friday.

Pleased as punch all her hard work has paid off but we are going to miss her.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

My DD starts next Weds, but as we live close to the college she'll be staying at home. Our other daughter is back to Uni soon, so I understand how tough it is for parents, but it's an amazing opportunity them
klchaplin1980
BRIT Award

Post by klchaplin1980 »

My sixteen year old is currently on her way from Torquay to Colchester to live in a shared house with six other students. To be honest both she and I are a bit concerned already as this morning the neighbours to this house have felt the need to put a letter through the letterbox asking the students who have already moved in (5 out of 7) to keep the noise down as they have school age children and the music was too loud and behaviour bad last night. The landlord has obviously been informed and he has tagged the College principal in an email asking the involved students to be more considerate, asking them to apologise to the residents and reminding them the rules state there are to be no parties. My daughter is so excited about doing the course and I would hate the behaviour of others to ruin her experience.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

klchaplin1980 wrote:My sixteen year old is currently on her way from Torquay to Colchester to live in a shared house with six other students. To be honest both she and I are a bit concerned already as this morning the neighbours to this house have felt the need to put a letter through the letterbox asking the students who have already moved in (5 out of 7) to keep the noise down as they have school age children and the music was too loud and behaviour bad last night. The landlord has obviously been informed and he has tagged the College principal in an email asking the involved students to be more considerate, asking them to apologise to the residents and reminding them the rules state there are to be no parties. My daughter is so excited about doing the course and I would hate the behaviour of others to ruin her experience.
Give them a week and they'll all be so exhausted, they'll be in bed by 9;30pm!! :lol: :lol: