Arts Ed 6th Form

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Arts Ed 6th Form

Post by islandofsodor »

Has anyone's child auditioned here? How did they find it. Dd is looking at it but wants to do A levels alongside and she doesn't meet the requirements for A level music (Grade 2 keyboard & Grade 5 theory), she sings and composition is a strong area for her but doesn't play keyboard.

The website doesn't make clear how those doing 4 a levels fit in vocational study as opposed to those doing a btec. Also the number and hours of dance classes for those on the MT course.

My other big question is about accommodation as in they don't have any so how do you find a landlady etc.
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Re: Arts Ed 6th Form

Post by lawn »

Hopefully someone can answer but I'd also be tempted to email the school and ask or at an open day. 4 A levels plus vocational study is going to be a lot of work.

My DS has just completed equiv of yr12 at a local college (diff subject studied - IT) doing BTEC level 3. He had 2 full days 9-4/4.30 and 1 half day 9-12.30. The rest of the time was meant to be self study/assignments, of course he left it all till the last minute instead!

Whenever he met up with former schoolmates doing A levels they were even more 'full-on' being at school more days and plenty of revision at home. Last year a number of students at DD's drama group dropped out of a production last minute - just a month to go, because they couldn't keep up with the work volume and rehearsals and they'd been working on the show for the previous 7 months!

They used to have you take 4 A levels at beg of yr 12 and then you'd drop to 3 for yr 13, having done the 4th subject just as an AS, but I vagely think I've read this is no longer the case but not sure.