Pre-audition Courses

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Clairbear
Nominee

Pre-audition Courses

Post by Clairbear »

Hi

My DD is going to be auditioning for Performing Arts Colleges for entry September 2018. She is currently in 6th Form doing A-Levels. Can anyone recommend any pre-audition courses? I have heard Urdang is good but I would be interested to hear if anyone has any other ideas or experience.
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Re: Pre-audition Courses

Post by dancemom43 »

My DD did the pre audition course at GSA and said it was very good. She did a week in the Summer of last year.
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Hi Clairbear. My dd did the Urdang pre audition course, the Bird Summer School and the Laine Pre audition day. She really enjoyed them all. At the Urdang pre-audition course they do a mock audition with feedback which is very helpful. Laine pre-audition day is just a couple of dance classes and they get a tour around the building and q and a with students there. The Bird Summer School was also very good and they work towards a presentation for parents to see at the send of the week. The standard of the presentation was excellent In my opinion they were all good value for money and dd got a lot out of them. Has your dd any preference to where she would like to go? It may be an idea to check out their summer schools. Good luck to get for when she starts her auditions.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by 2dancersmum »

My DD also did the day at Laine as described already. She also did a day at the Hammond. They do free taster days in December and January each year normally where the prospective students do 5 sample classes of some elements of the dance and MT diploma courses - ie jazz, contemporary dance, vocal and various MT classes. They also got a tour of the college, met existing students and watched a short performance from graduate year students.
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

Urdang one is good. Maybe a good idea to do one at one of the places she's interested in.