Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:07 am

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:32 pm

DS is still waiting to hear from Arts Ed on how he did at his audition on Monday. Their audition policy states that they do intend to notify auditionees within the week, but usually aim for 3 days. My DS is now reading all sorts into this. Has anyone been through the process before and confirm how long it took. I know it's only a matter of days, but it's getting quite nerve-wrecking looking out for the postman. Offer or rejection, it would be good to know so we can move on lol. 8-[

Marissa
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Marissa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:56 pm

coolcatsmomma wrote:Just dropped DD off to Mountview for BA MT audition (first one for us first timers).
Really don’t know how they do it - wandering round Wood Green feeling slightly queasy. :?
Goodluck!!! It's so hard and stressful x Let us know how it goes xxx

Marissa
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Marissa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 2:57 pm

Live_thedream wrote:DS is still waiting to hear from Arts Ed on how he did at his audition on Monday. Their audition policy states that they do intend to notify auditionees within the week, but usually aim for 3 days. My DS is now reading all sorts into this. Has anyone been through the process before and confirm how long it took. I know it's only a matter of days, but it's getting quite nerve-wrecking looking out for the postman. Offer or rejection, it would be good to know so we can move on lol. 8-[
Ooo Goodluck x I hope he hears soon with great news xxx

coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by coolcatsmomma » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:29 pm

Sadly a no for DD but she said she’s had a lovely day and that everyone was really lovely. So a least she’s in good spirits. Thanks for the good wishes. Fingers crossed for the next one.

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:07 am

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:39 pm

coolcatsmomma wrote:Sadly a no for DD but she said she’s had a lovely day and that everyone was really lovely. So a least she’s in good spirits. Thanks for the good wishes. Fingers crossed for the next one.
Sorry to hear that, but glad to hear she had a good experience. Will she be auditioning elsewhere?

coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award
Posts: 70
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:11 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by coolcatsmomma » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:14 pm

She’s going for ArtsEd. GSA and PPA. So aiming high.
I’m beginnng to think she might end up reapplying next year - but she hasn’t applied for any one year courses. If she doesn’t get offered a foundation at any of the others are there any good one year courses about?
Thanks and good luck to everyone who’s auditioning / waiting. I am in awe of these DCs. Can’t believe how well my DD has responded - lesson for me there I think as I’m still feeling quite sad.

Marissa
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 350
Joined: Tue Nov 28, 2017 9:25 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Marissa » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:32 pm

coolcatsmomma wrote:She’s going for ArtsEd. GSA and PPA. So aiming high.
I’m beginnng to think she might end up reapplying next year - but she hasn’t applied for any one year courses. If she doesn’t get offered a foundation at any of the others are there any good one year courses about?
Thanks and good luck to everyone who’s auditioning / waiting. I am in awe of these DCs. Can’t believe how well my DD has responded - lesson for me there I think as I’m still feeling quite sad.
Sorry to hear that x I shed tears after the first rejection x not that she knew x it's so hard for them but it's part of the business sadly x My DD (first timer too) auditioned for Arden and didn't get the BA hons but was offered a hnc with the ucen college with the Arden name. This is like a foundation yr but its covered by student finance so if nothing else comes this yr this is what she will go for. DD was offered a degree offer but feels it's not where she wants to be and would rather polish up and apply again next year x Goodluck for the next ones x

lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 188
Joined: Mon Aug 10, 2015 9:36 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by lbm1e14 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:12 pm

Feeling so much for you all. Although DD got on to a full time course first time round it was a painful journey with four rejections in the lead up to Christmas with three auditions to follow. She'd reconciled herself to giving it a go for a second year but it all came right in the January and February. You just have to put your faith in the process. There is nothing you can do. Our DCs have probably all been that big fish in a small pond and it's hard when suddenly they're swimming in an ocean of talented candidates. That said like some posters here, I think we found it tougher than DD. She was very clear that given her training up to that point she realistically was way behind so many candidates, so another year of training was probably going to be necessary. But The MTA spotted potential and so far she's not looked back.

User avatar
oscar
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 357
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 6:44 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by oscar » Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:45 pm

Live_thedream wrote:DS is still waiting to hear from Arts Ed on how he did at his audition on Monday. Their audition policy states that they do intend to notify auditionees within the week, but usually aim for 3 days. My DS is now reading all sorts into this. Has anyone been through the process before and confirm how long it took. I know it's only a matter of days, but it's getting quite nerve-wrecking looking out for the postman. Offer or rejection, it would be good to know so we can move on lol. 8-[
DS had a nearly a 2 week wait to be offered a place. I think all our nerves were shot to pieces. They advised by post. Is he part of a chat group from audition? Fingers crossed and I would advise not reading anything into anything . Fingers crossed.

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:07 am

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:09 pm

coolcatsmomma wrote:She’s going for ArtsEd. GSA and PPA. So aiming high.
I’m beginnng to think she might end up reapplying next year - but she hasn’t applied for any one year courses. If she doesn’t get offered a foundation at any of the others are there any good one year courses about?
Thanks and good luck to everyone who’s auditioning / waiting. I am in awe of these DCs. Can’t believe how well my DD has responded - lesson for me there I think as I’m still feeling quite sad.
I think there is nothing wrong to aim high, we did the same here. DS went through the process first time last year and applied at Mountview, GSA, Arts Ed and Chichester. Other than a recall at MV didn't get anywhere. But this year has gone again for top schools although Central instead of Chichester.

DS ended up doing a foundation locally (Birmingham) last year which cost at least half of the price that would be in London. They had a good success rate of students getting into top colleges and so far this year one student has already a place at Arts Ed. The training was intense and DS now sees how he needed the extra year to improve and build confidence. He has felt more prepared this year.

So if DD doesn't get in or does a foundation it is worth finding out if there is a local college that also runs a foundation course x

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:07 am

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:13 pm

oscar wrote:
DS had a nearly a 2 week wait to be offered a place. I think all our nerves were shot to pieces. They advised by post. Is he part of a chat group from audition? Fingers crossed and I would advise not reading anything into anything . Fingers crossed.
Thanks Oscar. I think your DS got a place last year? 2 weeks though :shock: :oops: no he's not part of any chat group. Wondering now whether they had lots of auditions to go through last week as it was audition week.

Did you call them at any point as we were wondering whether to call them on Monday if heard nothing.

Hope your DS is enjoying Arts Ed :)

User avatar
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award
Posts: 708
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:46 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Caroline A-C » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:16 pm

Live_thedream - it was exactly one week from when my DS auditioned to when he got the offer for Arts Ed. In fact, I think everybody he knows who went there found out exactly one week later. The post has become even more rubbish in the last few years so if your DS hasn't heard anything by Monday, I wouldn't read too much into it - it may be our fantastic Royal Mail!!
All new to me!

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award
Posts: 176
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:07 am

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream » Sat Feb 17, 2018 8:23 pm

Caroline A-C wrote:Live_thedream - it was exactly one week from when my DS auditioned to when he got the offer for Arts Ed. In fact, I think everybody he knows who went there found out exactly one week later. The post has become even more rubbish in the last few years so if your DS hasn't heard anything by Monday, I wouldn't read too much into it - it may be our fantastic Royal Mail!!
Thanks Caroline. I know I'm/we are probably over reacting. I blame it on the nerves! #-o. But helps to know about other's experiences

scottishdancer00
BRIT Award
Posts: 43
Joined: Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:06 pm

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by scottishdancer00 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:46 pm

Rejections for DD from both Royal Scottish and SLP :( however she has unconditional places to study MT at college so will go and work hard and re apply everywhere again when she’s 18. She’s said she’s felt young at BA auditions being only 17 as there are many people in their 20s and very few 17 so I feel a year at college night give her the essential extra bit of maturity that they are looking for.
I have a sad daughter tonight though, with the rejections coming so close together I think it’s overwhelmed her a bit

islandofsodor
BAFTA Award
Posts: 866
Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:09 pm
Contact:

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by islandofsodor » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:29 pm

Sorry to hear that.

My dd felt at 16 that she was one of the youngest at SLP audition too. She really liked the place & it was a confidence boost to be offered a place on the Dance course but she was disappointed to be turned down for MT.

Did she get feedback? I found them very honest & constructive & totally understood their decision.

I know RCS is very competitive.

But it’s not necessarily the end of the road. The year at college might just be what she needs to boost her skills.

Hugs to your Dd.
Everybody has the right to dream

Post Reply