Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Scarytimes »

Sherbert wrote:We’re in!! Trinity! So pleased for my son
He’s worked so hard on his foundation year at Mountview (and I’ve worked even harder to pay for it :D)

After 2 no’s this year (2nd year applying) he’s finally there

Thank you everybody for all the support and best of luck to your sons/daughters who are still waiting for auditions/recalls/reserve places xxx
Congratulations to him - wonderful to have a definite place and can stop worrying too!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

He’s worked so hard on his foundation year at Mountview (and I’ve worked even harder to pay for it :D)

Thank you everybody for all the support and best of luck to your sons/daughters who are still waiting for auditions/recalls/reserve places xxx
Congratulations to you and your son x I am so very happy for you both xxxx
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

Live_thedream wrote:With all the talk of "will this be the year", I wonder how many parents on here have got stories to tell how many years their DCs spent trying to get into the place of their dreams.

I am a 2nd year parent.
I'd love to know that. I joined here because I saw no end of older students at my DD's drama group apply to the drama schools aged 18, not get in and decide to do something else instead.

So, I joined and read and read and started to understand the process and I've explained to DD (aged 14) that a first offer when she's 18 (especially for straight acting) is going to be highly unlikely, that she needs to think of it as a few year process, perhaps having to look into a foundation year first.

I'm grateful to all of you who explain and share their stories. Huge congratulations to those with offers and good luck to those still awaiting an outcome.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Congratulations! Great way to start the week! Well done! =D> =D>
beanie-bean
GRAMMY Award

Post by beanie-bean »

Congratulations to your DS Sherbert. The wait was worthwhile and you must be over the moon!

Wishing lots of luck and love to those on reserve lists. It is so hard but everything will work itself out and your DC's will end up at the best place for them even if they have to wait a year or accept a place that wasn't their favourite to start with. Xxx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Thank you all so much for your lovely comments xx

Felicity - my son asked his friend who is at trinity (from last years reserve list) and she said there is no rhyme or reason to it really - unfortunately they told her she just had to sit tight and wait - she did say though that alot of her year were from reserves as people do drop in and out as other offers come along - even though Trinity is covered by the student loan - if they want a particular place like arts ed or mountview and it comes along they tend to go there instead

Hope that helps a bit xx
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Congratulations Sherbert - really great news. Well done to your DS hope he has a wonderful time there :D
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Congrats to Sherberts DS- must be such a relief to have such a great place for next year.

My DD is also on the MT foundation at Mountview and has learnt so much and had a great time there.
Arts Ed she didn’t make the cut but she is on the reserve for Trinity and the shortlist for RCS.
Also has recalls for GSA and MV but they aren’t for a month so she is still very much in limbo.
Keeping everything crossed that she will get a place somewhere.
Good luck to all the others still waiting!
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Congrats Sherbert. What a relief. He will be able to relax and carry on enjoying the foundation.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Ok so DD has decided she will go for Hammond and although we think we are auditioning too late she's going again to give it her all x Any advice on what the audition is like? Advice appreciated. Last audition!
GillyM
Nominee

Post by GillyM »

Hi Marissa
I believe it is the monologues in front of the group, songs just in front of the panel and then a cut. A dance call then a cut and then an interview.
Hope that is helpful
GillyM
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Many thanks coolcats, Robin64 and Nickinoo :) xx

Nickinoo - what a great position for your DD to be in - some great places there - best of luck to her xx

Marissa - good for your DD - these auditions have been a great 1st time experience for her - everything crossed for the Hammond - she is so determined xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

GillyM wrote:Hi Marissa
I believe it is the monologues in front of the group, songs just in front of the panel and then a cut. A dance call then a cut and then an interview.
Hope that is helpful
GillyM
Thankyou x do they have to do a dance solo? I originally thought they had too but now can't see any info on that?
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Sherbert wrote:Many thanks coolcats, Robin64 and Nickinoo :) xx

Nickinoo - what a great position for your DD to be in - some great places there - best of luck to her xx

Marissa - good for your DD - these auditions have been a great 1st time experience for her - everything crossed for the Hammond - she is so determined xx
Thankyou I am so proud of her x she has worked herself so hard this last year xxx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Oh Sherbert, I'm so pleased for you both :D :D What wonderful news! Phew, breathe that sigh of relief!