Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Marissa »

Felicity wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:
Felicity wrote:
Yes I feel DD is somewhat on the back foot as hasn’t been to stage school / performing arts sixth form and no foundation. She’s had to do all singing/acting/dancing in her spare time (although she does do drama A-level). She says there are so many amazingly talented people at these auditions. Good luck this week to both your DCs for the results x
Couldn’t agree more with you all. We’ve just made it to London for Trinity Laban tomorrow (last minute one). Gave the wrong room number as I’ve stayed in so many premier inns lately I’m a bit dizzy. ](*,)
I’ve been following this thread the whole journey - think I’m becoming obsessed :D
And have steeled myself to doing it all again next year. :?
Yes, lots of luck! I have to say I am not relishing any repeat of the audition merry-go-round...
Goodluck x let us know how it goes xxx
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

DD had Trinity Laban today - she really enjoyed it. Workshop session group dance, song etc.. then carried on to do solo song and monologue. She wasn’t asked to perform her solo dance but said she was front and centre for group dance work and felt that went well so hopefully that’s a good sign (she says desperately :) )
DD loved it and said everyone was lovely. She said a few people were asked to stay for five minute slots to cover things they wanted to see that they hadn’t seen through the other sessions - don’t know what that means but she wasn’t one of them so don’t know if that means it’s a no - although she was told that wasn’t the case - also there weren’t any interviews. Bit confusing?? She was told they would know within two weeks.
Thank you to all the well wishers. I’ve been passing them on to DD and it’s very much appreciated. Good luck to everyone waiting and auditioning and waiting this week I hope the weather is kind to you. We’ve got a two week breather now before PPA but I’m sure I will be obsessively checking this site and UCAS for any news. Arrgghgh.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

coolcatsmomma wrote:DD had Trinity Laban today - she really enjoyed it. Workshop session group dance, song etc.. then carried on to do solo song and monologue. She wasn’t asked to perform her solo dance but said she was front and centre for group dance work and felt that went well so hopefully that’s a good sign (she says desperately :) )
DD loved it and said everyone was lovely. She said a few people were asked to stay for five minute slots to cover things they wanted to see that they hadn’t seen through the other sessions - don’t know what that means but she wasn’t one of them so don’t know if that means it’s a no - although she was told that wasn’t the case - also there weren’t any interviews. Bit confusing?? She was told they would know within two weeks.
Thank you to all the well wishers. I’ve been passing them on to DD and it’s very much appreciated. Good luck to everyone waiting and auditioning and waiting this week I hope the weather is kind to you. We’ve got a two week breather now before PPA but I’m sure I will be obsessively checking this site and UCAS for any news. Arrgghgh.
Well done to you and especially DD x My DD didn't have to show her dance x there were 10 kept back on the day and only one of them was asked to dance as they missed her in the workshop dance so don't worry x Even though my DD was kept back they didn't interview her . Just asked her how she thought her song went and asked her to sing another song. They said they would stop her but didn't x Goodluck xxx
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Marissa wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:DD had Trinity Laban today - she really enjoyed it. Workshop session group dance, song etc.. then carried on to do solo song and monologue. She wasn’t asked to perform her solo dance but said she was front and centre for group dance work and felt that went well so hopefully that’s a good sign (she says desperately :) )
Well done to you and especially DD x My DD didn't have to show her dance x there were 10 kept back on the day and only one of them was asked to dance as they missed her in the workshop dance so don't worry x Even though my DD was kept back they didn't interview her . Just asked her how she thought her song went and asked her to sing another song. They said they would stop her but didn't x Goodluck xxx
Thanks Marissa. I have to keep stopping myself from reading too much into everything. Got a couple of weeks now to think through what we’ll do if nothing gets offered (plan b and plan c methinks) DDs already been thinking about what next to get ready for next year - we’ve learned so much and I’m really impressed with her persistence and maturity.
Fingers crossed that your DD gets good news. Fingers crossed for all our DCs
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Thanks Marissa. I have to keep stopping myself from reading too much into everything. Got a couple of weeks now to think through what we’ll do if nothing gets offered (plan b and plan c methinks) DDs already been thinking about what next to get ready for next year - we’ve learned so much and I’m really impressed with her persistence and maturity.
Fingers crossed that your DD gets good news. Fingers crossed for all our DCs
Nobody knows what they want lol x right look, right song, wearing the right thing x it's like the career I guess you just need to be that right person in the right place at the right time lol xxx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Well done to your DD coolcatsmomma xx
My DS went last wed and he did same as your DD but then he was one of about 10 he said asked to do a further 5 min slot - he sang for the panel and they chatted a bit with him - like a 2 min chat - like your DD he has no idea if he stayed cos they needed to see more or cos they really liked him :lol: :lol:

As Marissa quite rightly says - who knows what they’re looking for - fingers crossed for her ;)

It’s all good life experience for them isn’t it xx
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Sherbert wrote:Well done to your DD coolcatsmomma xx
My DS went last wed and he did same as your DD but then he was one of about 10 he said asked to do a further 5 min slot - he sang for the panel and they chatted a bit with him - like a 2 min chat - like your DD he has no idea if he stayed cos they needed to see more or cos they really liked him :lol: :lol:

As Marissa quite rightly says - who knows what they’re looking for - fingers crossed for her ;)

Thanks for the info Sherbert and Marissa - very helpful.

Additional random question alert -
Does GSA have more than one recall day for MT? Just wondering as DD had her audition on 23rd Feb and we haven’t heard anything yet (they said it would be 2 and 1/2 weeks but I notice that some people have recalls on Saturday. Does this mean a no is coming??
Cheers :?
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

coolcatsmomma wrote:

Does GSA have more than one recall day for MT? Just wondering as DD had her audition on 23rd Feb and we haven’t heard anything yet (they said it would be 2 and 1/2 weeks but I notice that some people have recalls on Saturday. Does this mean a no is coming??
We think they forgot us lol x we emailed in the end and got a reply that day giving a rejection x Mind you with the snow maybe everything's slowed down at the moment x Goodluck xx
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Marissa wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:

We think they forgot us lol x we emailed in the end and got a reply that day giving a rejection x Mind you with the snow maybe everything's slowed down at the moment x Goodluck xx
Thanks Marissa. Sorry for more questions - when was your DDs audition and how long did you leave it before emailing? Cheers.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
GSA do multiple recalls. DD has friends who have each been on 2 different ones already.
DD heard back within 2 weeks after her first audition just before Christmas and was given the option of 2 recall dates at the end of Feb and this Saturday (she took the latter as couldn't make the first). There is still time for more recalls and GOOD LUCK!
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Felicity wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
GSA do multiple recalls. DD has friends who have each been on 2 different ones already.
DD heard back within 2 weeks after her first audition just before Christmas and was given the option of 2 recall dates at the end of Feb and this Saturday (she took the latter as couldn't make the first). There is still time for more recalls and GOOD LUCK!
Thank you - the information from you guys on this forum is so very very helpful and I believe is saving my sanity :D
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Marissa wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:

Thanks Marissa. Sorry for more questions - when was your DDs audition and how long did you leave it before emailing? Cheers.
Ours was before Xmas x the first one sometime in November x we waited 3 weeks x
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Marissa wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Ours was before Xmas x the first one sometime in November x we waited 3 weeks x
Thanks Marissa. :D
MTlover123
BRIT Award

Post by MTlover123 »

Hi all I've been reading this thread for quite some time now and have found it incredibly helpful that there are others going through a similar gruelling process with their dc's! My dd is 17 and was rejected from her first two auditions,she lost a lot of hope and was certain she would not receive anything this year after not having any prior full time training however this week has received two offers Italia conti AC and PPA and is waiting on Laine, while she saw more of Italia conti and loved the atmosphere there she was also impressed by the sound of the students singing at PPA.Both being fairly new colleges I don't feel I have enough information on them to help her make a clear cut decision I will be happy with whichever she chooses however was hoping someone on here may be able to shed some light on either College from experience this would be a real help. Thank you and tell your dc's to not give up hope there is a place for everyone one rejection doesn't mean it will always be a rejection my DD is proof of that:)
lynne
GRAMMY Award

Post by lynne »

Hi
Has anyone heard from Trinity yet? Does anyone know when they are likely to send out results?