Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Scarytimes »

Munchpot wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:The GSA offer has come through on UCAS but DS having a bit of an academic crisis and is not sure AAB is even possible.
Does anyone know if GSA are at all flexible if they have offered you a place and you don't quite get the grades?
He is thinking that ABB or even BBB may be more likely though he is probably pessimistic.
Good luck to your DS. From what I understand the AAB is set by the Univrsity of Surrey as that's there minimum entry for all their courses. We were told there may be some flexibility if they really want someone, but not too much. That was a couple of years ago mind you

Break a leg
Thanks Munchpot. I feared as much!
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Scarytimes wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
I have everything crossed for your DS. It has to be a good sign that both GSA and Central recalled him!

Haha no if only he did have recalls!! He is going to his first round audition at GSA on Thursday and Central in April.
Oh! I'm sorry. Getting really confused with all the auditions going on. Let's hope there will be the recalls to come
Hoping you have a crystal ball - I won't complain if he does get recalls :D
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Munchpot wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:The GSA offer has come through on UCAS but DS having a bit of an academic crisis and is not sure AAB is even possible.
Does anyone know if GSA are at all flexible if they have offered you a place and you don't quite get the grades?
He is thinking that ABB or even BBB may be more likely though he is probably pessimistic.
Good luck to your DS. From what I understand the AAB is set by the Univrsity of Surrey as that's there minimum entry for all their courses. We were told there may be some flexibility if they really want someone, but not too much. That was a couple of years ago mind you

Break a leg
Everyone DS knows who has had a recall have good grades
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Scarytimes wrote:
Felicity wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Fab news re potential place at GSA Scarytimes but I know what you mean about the impact of time away from A-level studies. What does he have to get for Urdang? Plus what else does your DS have on the table? I have lost track!
Thanks Felicity - 80 points for Urdang so CCC or BB should be ok (but you never know). He still has recalls for Laine, Mountview and London Studio Centre to do in April but they are nowhere near as affordable even if he were good enough to get some funding/a place.
Where colleges quote points, can I assume that other qualifications eg ABRSM & RAD exams count? In theory DD has 44 points from these sorts of exams so am thinking they should count as well as A-levels for points based offers? She’s predicted AAB but I would say this is aspirational given all the focus on auditioning. She would have to get BBC for Chichester and 96 points (so CCC) for PPA (De Montfort) which should be ok but you never know what disasters might happen at exam time! :roll:

Will your DS still audition for the all others given his GSA and Urdang offers already? He’s done really well!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Here in Chester! Having a drink in Premier inn before Hammonds audition tomorrow x
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Good luck,hope it all goes well. My friend's DD is starting in 6th form in September and said it was a really lovely, friendly place.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Marissa wrote:Here in Chester! Having a drink in Premier inn before Hammonds audition tomorrow x

Great to hear you made it! Good luck to DD tomorrow. Enjoy your drink (or two) x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Felicity wrote:
Marissa wrote:Here in Chester! Having a drink in Premier inn before Hammonds audition tomorrow x

Great to hear you made it! Good luck to DD tomorrow. Enjoy your drink (or two) x
Thankyou it's been a nightmare finding parking and now we are not 100% sure on audition time! The original audition was at 9am but were just given this date so hoping it's the same time!
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Good luck to your DD tomorrow Marissa
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Good luck to your DD tomorrow Marissa
Thankyou we need it!! N
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Felicity wrote:

Fingers crossed xxxx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Felicity wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Felicity wrote:
Thanks Felicity - 80 points for Urdang so CCC or BB should be ok (but you never know). He still has recalls for Laine, Mountview and London Studio Centre to do in April but they are nowhere near as affordable even if he were good enough to get some funding/a place.
Where colleges quote points, can I assume that other qualifications eg ABRSM & RAD exams count? In theory DD has 44 points from these sorts of exams so am thinking they should count as well as A-levels for points based offers? She’s predicted AAB but I would say this is aspirational given all the focus on auditioning. She would have to get BBC for Chichester and 96 points (so CCC) for PPA (De Montfort) which should be ok but you never know what disasters might happen at exam time! :roll:

Will your DS still audition for the all others given his GSA and Urdang offers already? He’s done really well!
Yes definitely going for the others as he really liked Laine in particular. Some colleges state the points must come from A levels or equivalent qualifications and some seem to just say points without any qualification - makes you wonder what the point of LAMDA, ISTD, RAD, ABRSM exams having UCAS points at all. My DS has 84 points from other things with his musical instruments, drama and singing. Oh Well! :roll:
kzgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by kzgirl »

Marissa wrote:Here in Chester! Having a drink in Premier inn before Hammond audition tomorrow x
Good luck for tomorrow at the Hammond, we attended the audition last year, if they follow the same format you will be greeted by 1st year students and offered a cuppa. We stayed with DD until she was called into her audition and returned later in the day. They normally cut at lunchtime as well. They will explain it all to you tomorrow you will also have a chance as parents to ask any questions you may have before the audition starts.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

kzgirl wrote:
Marissa wrote:Here in Chester! Having a drink in Premier inn before Hammond audition tomorrow x
Good luck for tomorrow at the Hammond, we attended the audition last year, if they follow the same format you will be greeted by 1st year students and offered a cuppa. We stayed with DD until she was called into her audition and returned later in the day. They normally cut at lunchtime as well. They will explain it all to you tomorrow you will also have a chance as parents to ask any questions you may have before the audition starts.
Can I ask can you get food there? I forgot lunch for DD ! I will be running around trying to find something for her tomorrow morning x
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

Marissa wrote:
kzgirl wrote:
Can I ask can you get food there? I forgot lunch for DD ! I will be running around trying to find something for her tomorrow morning x
Hi Marissa, are you at the Chester City Centre Premier Inn? There is a convenience store located around the corner approx 3 min walk away from there. It's a little bit further up from the catering supplies store, and is open 6am - 10pm. (ask hotel reception for directions)
You should be able to get her something for her lunch there in the morning, for tomorrow!
Best of luck to your DD!! [-o<