Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Marissa »

Joshan18 wrote:Marissa we live about 14 miles away from the Hammond. There is very little snow here today. It may be slightly worse in Chester but I would imagine that the roads will be prretty clear now.
Thankyou so much! We have dug the car out and the lane so touchwood we don't get any more snow!
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Marissa wrote:Omg! SNOW again! I've got Hammond audition on Tuesday! We are supposed to be driving up tomorrow night!!! Please go!!! Hubbys going to freak about driving I know it and this is DDs last audition!!! We need this one!
This weather is just so rubbish. Just been out to remove all the snow from the cars but the roads are clear. Hopefully the sun predicted for tomorrow will melt it quickly. Keeping everything crossed for you and your DD.
Btw, DD said PPA were still auditioning for MT if she was interested in trying there?
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Felicity wrote:
Marissa wrote:Omg! SNOW again! I've got Hammond audition on Tuesday! We are supposed to be driving up tomorrow night!!! Please go!!! Hubbys going to freak about driving I know it and this is DDs last audition!!! We need this one!
This weather is just so rubbish. Just been out to remove all the snow from the cars but the roads are clear. Hopefully the sun predicted for tomorrow will melt it quickly. Keeping everything crossed for you and your DD.
Btw, DD said PPA were still auditioning for MT if she was interested in trying there?
Thankyou will look into that now x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Can I still audition if we have used up our ucas places though?
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Marissa wrote:Can I still audition if we have used up our ucas places though?
I think UCAS extra is open now. It allows a 6th choice - but not sure if that’s if you’ve been unsuccessful in the other 5? Might be worth checking on the UCAS site x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Marissa wrote:Can I still audition if we have used up our ucas places though?
I think UCAS extra is open now. It allows a 6th choice - but not sure if that’s if you’ve been unsuccessful in the other 5? Might be worth checking on the UCAS site x
Probably can't then as she had an offer for degree from Gloucester! X
Oh well one to look at for next yr x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Mm it's confusing x if I decline what we have then I could x I think! But I have to wait for Hammond first x I really hope they let us know quickly! Has anyone had a reply back about the trinity letter asking if your interested in the foundation. I know it's early days but I really would like to have an idea of where my daughter is going to go! Lol
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

Hope all goes well at The Hammond audition for Tuesday Marissa, and that the snow doesn't cause too much disruption to your travel. Good luck to your daughter! x [-o<
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Hope all goes well at The Hammond audition for Tuesday Marissa, and that the snow doesn't cause too much disruption to your travel. Good luck to your daughter! x [-o<
Thankyou so much x I don't hold out much luck as I know Hammond give out places as they go and this is the last audition date but we have to go for it xx I'm quite exhausted with it all. How the DD and DS cope with this I don't know x Wish us luck xxx
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Post by jasmine2 »

Bodyworks Cambridge have audition dates in April..need to apply by next Friday 23rd March...just a thought for anyone still deciding x great place to study .. hard work but fab results x
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Marissa wrote: Thankyou so much x I don't hold out much luck as I know Hammond give out places as they go and this is the last audition date but we have to go for it xx I'm quite exhausted with it all. How the DD and DS cope with this I don't know x Wish us luck xxx
Good luck to you both! We are thinking about auditioning for PPA too. Am getting to the point where I am hoping she gets in somewhere/anywhere - I just don't know if I can do this all again next year - the stress!!
DanceDiva
GRAMMY Award

Post by DanceDiva »

jasmine2 wrote:Bodyworks Cambridge have audition dates in April..need to apply by next Friday 23rd March...just a thought for anyone still deciding x great place to study .. hard work but fab results x
Jasmine2 -- have you seen their Move It piece yet ?
Thought it was fantastic but then I was a teeny weeny bit biased !
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Hi everyone, well after a much-needed break from auditions - we are back this week! DS has GSA audition on Thursday. Going with an open mind - he received a Merit for his Btec not Distinction so the grade factor is likely to come in.

Then one more in April at Central. Numbers of in-take are even lower but it's all or nothing.

I really am happy for all the good news coming in - we all know how hard you have to work before and during auditions, it's a slog - including on nerves of parents too, so can appreciate the happiness parents of successful auditionees must be feeling.

I, myself am trying not to feel too low - at the start of the audition process, DS had 4 options and entered it with hope. We are now half-way through with no success and 2 more to go - both feeling like they are impossible to reach, but worth a try. I really am praying he gets some luck, else it's back to the drawing board. [-o< [-o<
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Live_thedream wrote:Hi everyone, well after a much-needed break from auditions - we are back this week! DS has GSA audition on Thursday. Going with an open mind - he received a Merit for his Btec not Distinction so the grade factor is likely to come in.

Then one more in April at Central. Numbers of in-take are even lower but it's all or nothing.

I really am happy for all the good news coming in - we all know how hard you have to work before and during auditions, it's a slog - including on nerves of parents too, so can appreciate the happiness parents of successful auditionees must be feeling.

I, myself am trying not to feel too low - at the start of the audition process, DS had 4 options and entered it with hope. We are now half-way through with no success and 2 more to go - both feeling like they are impossible to reach, but worth a try. I really am praying he gets some luck, else it's back to the drawing board. [-o< [-o<
Good luck to your DS!! We are in a similar situation, with one audition down and only two to go. Hope his Thursday audition goes well!
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:Hi everyone, well after a much-needed break from auditions - we are back this week! DS has GSA audition on Thursday. Going with an open mind - he received a Merit for his Btec not Distinction so the grade factor is likely to come in.

Good luck to your DS!! We are in a similar situation, with one audition down and only two to go. Hope his Thursday audition goes well!
Thank you. Good luck to your DD too!