Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by TeethandTwinkles »

Belledancer wrote:TeethandTwinkles that's brilliant news - congratulations to her. Will she be joining my DD in September? x
Ooooo yay. Fabulous. =D>
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

TeethandTwinkles wrote:My DD received a wonderful phone call from Laine to say she has received funding. So thrilled and elated. :D :D
Really hope the wait is over for everyone waiting on offers. Xx
Excellent news indeed. I like hearing the good things on here.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

TeethandTwinkles wrote:My DD received a wonderful phone call from Laine to say she has received funding. So thrilled and elated. :D :D
Congratulations!!!!
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

Scarytimes wrote:
Laurellen wrote:On another note (and to distract me from the waiting) is anyone’s DC going to PPA? My other daughter has chosen to accept that offer and is very much looking forward to going! She will be looking for some possibly lift shares when term starts (have secured her a parking space right next to the college and a few people to help fill her car for a small charge would be extra handy! And cheaper than a bus!)

Yes it’s been a stressful year with 2 of them auditioning.. :o 8-[
I can't imagine having two of them auditioning in one year. One (plus others not auditioning) has occupied all my energy since November. Are they twins or have you got the 16/18+ thing going on? [sorry, very nosy of me]
16 and 18. Actually 15 and 17 when they auditioned! My 18 year old is going to PPA. My youngest is waiting on funding for everywhere. But she did amazingly well to get in! (Found out she got into Bird today and on reserve for funding,) we can’t pay so she may have to try again. She will probably end up doing the BTEC at Conti Arts Centre. She was offered their diploma but she wants to go to Bird or Laine ideally.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Laurellen wrote: I can't imagine having two of them auditioning in one year. One (plus others not auditioning) has occupied all my energy since November. Are they twins or have you got the 16/18+ thing going on? [sorry, very nosy of me]
16 and 18. Actually 15 and 17 when they auditioned! My 18 year old is going to PPA. My youngest is waiting on funding for everywhere. But she did amazingly well to get in! (Found out she got into Bird today and on reserve for funding,) we can’t pay so she may have to try again. She will probably end up doing the BTEC at Conti Arts Centre. She was offered their diploma but she wants to go to Bird or Laine ideally.[/quote]

I am full of admiration for you and for your two. I'm not surprised that you can't afford it with two at once. Good luck on the reserve list [-o<
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Laurellen wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Laurellen wrote:On another note (and to distract me from the waiting) is anyone’s DC going to PPA? My other daughter has chosen to accept that offer and is very much looking forward to going! She will be looking for some possibly lift shares when term starts (have secured her a parking space right next to the college and a few people to help fill her car for a small charge would be extra handy! And cheaper than a bus!)

Yes it’s been a stressful year with 2 of them auditioning.. :o 8-[
I can't imagine having two of them auditioning in one year. One (plus others not auditioning) has occupied all my energy since November. Are they twins or have you got the 16/18+ thing going on? [sorry, very nosy of me]
16 and 18. Actually 15 and 17 when they auditioned! My 18 year old is going to PPA. My youngest is waiting on funding for everywhere. But she did amazingly well to get in! (Found out she got into Bird today and on reserve for funding,) we can’t pay so she may have to try again. She will probably end up doing the BTEC at Conti Arts Centre. She was offered their diploma but she wants to go to Bird or Laine ideally.
lol total admiration! You must be shattered after all the auditions and stress x
TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

Post by TeethandTwinkles »

Marissa wrote:
Congratulations!!!!
Thanks you. Xx
em2512
Nominee

Post by em2512 »

Brilliant news xx
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Congratulations on the good news from today. Hope funding comes up for reserve Listers. There will be plenty of movement still even over the summer so hang on in there x
amo185
GRAMMY Award

Post by amo185 »

That's really super news that funding is coming through. Well done to everyone! Must be such a relief. Can I just ask - when people post that they have got funding, is this referring to a full scholarships (ie not paying anything) or does it mean DADA or part scholarship? I can't find anywhere really on any school's site who offers what and how much funding could be worth but I do know of one girl with a full scholarship to Laine plus DD has a friend who has full funding for Italia Conti (got DADA then the college offered to fund the difference) and a lad with full funding to Arts Ed. Just wondering how prevalent full funding is in these austere times! And does anyone get funding for accommodation at all?
smallbythesea
BRIT Award

Post by smallbythesea »

amo185 wrote:That's really super news that funding is coming through. Well done to everyone! Must be such a relief. Can I just ask - when people post that they have got funding, is this referring to a full scholarships (ie not paying anything) or does it mean DADA or part scholarship? I can't find anywhere really on any school's site who offers what and how much funding could be worth but I do know of one girl with a full scholarship to Laine plus DD has a friend who has full funding for Italia Conti (got DADA then the college offered to fund the difference) and a lad with full funding to Arts Ed. Just wondering how prevalent full funding is in these austere times! And does anyone get funding for accommodation at all?

As far as I'm aware a dada is means tested, certainly the dada my dd has been offered is. If you Google dada income scales, it shows you how much you would have to contribute based on your income. With regards to accommodation, unless individual schools are topping up the dada, most people have to pay for accommodation unless they earn under 30k. Again, this is on the dada income scales. Hope this helps.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

amo185 wrote:Can I just ask - when people post that they have got funding, is this referring to a full scholarships (ie not paying anything) or does it mean DADA or part scholarship? I can't find anywhere really on any school's site who offers what and how much funding could be worth but I do know of one girl with a full scholarship to Laine plus DD has a friend who has full funding for Italia Conti (got DADA then the college offered to fund the difference) and a lad with full funding to Arts Ed. Just wondering how prevalent full funding is in these austere times! And does anyone get funding for accommodation at all?
I believe most will be DaDA “only” which depending on your income, as smallbythesea says, could be substantial. Hardly anyone will get support for accommodation as well. There will be a few scholarships where the college tops up DaDA to cover all the fees but I haven’t heard of any paying towards accommodation.

Then there is the degree route with student loans towards fees and maintenance, again dependent on earnings. This gets more complicated as some colleges are classed as private so only qualify for £6k fee loan and others the standard £9k. With the exception of conservatoires and actual unis like GSA or Chichester, I believe all othe degree courses in MT cost way more than even the £9k as they are not limited by the uni rules. In this case though, I believe there are a fair few students who receive a top up for the fees from the college and with some maintenance as well they work out cheapest options - but with the loan to pay back if you ever earn over £25k in this business!!!

My DS has been lucky enough to secure two offers of top up fee funding for degree and one uni place - all affordable as these things go. Then of course you all know we are still waiting to hear from Laine, his only non-degree option.

Can you tell that I’ve spent a long time looking at this :lol:
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

dancemom43 wrote:
Munchpot wrote:There's still one more audition day for BIrd, so they may be holding out until after that to send the final advices ?
I know the Bird foundation students have their Bird audition this Thursday and find out on 25th May so the reserve list will move around then as some of the foundation students get a yes and others go onto reserve. Their list last year started to move from May but was still moving right up until the first week of term.

We're also waiting on bird, for degree reserve list, I'm desperate to call to find out where on the list dd is, but original letter said we would not hear from them until after the 30th May. presuming that's when all foundation students have until they confirm their place if offered 1. Has anyone been received info where on waiting list they are sitting yet?
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Fullmoon wrote:Congratulations to your DS Livinthedream! Nice to hear of offers coming in....not so nice to hear the no’s or the endless waiting for others :(

Newbe2018 I’ve pm’d you! :D
Yayyyyy!!!!!! =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Newbe2018 wrote:
dancemom43 wrote:
Munchpot wrote:There's still one more audition day for BIrd, so they may be holding out until after that to send the final advices ?
I know the Bird foundation students have their Bird audition this Thursday and find out on 25th May so the reserve list will move around then as some of the foundation students get a yes and others go onto reserve. Their list last year started to move from May but was still moving right up until the first week of term.

We're also waiting on bird, for degree reserve list, I'm desperate to call to find out where on the list dd is, but original letter said we would not hear from them until after the 30th May. presuming that's when all foundation students have until they confirm their place if offered 1. Has anyone been received info where on waiting list they are sitting yet?
We were in your place last year and the reserve list did start to move in May. They will not say what number you are on the list and it is rumoured there are a few lists eg. tall blonde soprano, dark metzo etc, strong commerical etc.. what they will usually say is if you are near the top, middle or bottom of the list.

They keep emailing out to those offered a place asking if still taking and if drop out they go to reserve lists, the degree / diploma reserves even get to say if they would want to be considered for the other course.

There was a fair bit of movement on A level results day as people accepted places like GSA where they needed the grades.

My DD was doing foundation at Bird (having turned down degree elsewhere) and got off reserve 2 days into the start of the course so the list really moves till the end. Her best friend got diploma the week before.

Fingers crossed for you all as I remember the sick feeling waiting for news.