Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Sherbert »

Last edited by Sherbert on Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

lawn wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:So DD had her BA audition today at PPA. She had a lovely time but knows she hasn’t got on the degree course as they told her at the interview that she is good enough to get on the three year course but needs to work out her USP and that she would benefit from a foundation course - to be clear they didn’t specify that this would be a foundation at PPA - presume we will hear if that’s on the cards in a couple of weeks but..... she is so happy to have been given that feedback - it’s reinforced her determination to go for it next year and try and get a foundation place if possible. Just that tiny bit of feedback has lifted her enormously - well done PPA xx
Sorry what does USP mean?
Unique selling point x
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

lawn wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:So DD had her BA audition today at PPA. She had a lovely time but knows she hasn’t got on the degree course as they told her at the interview that she is good enough to get on the three year course but needs to work out her USP and that she would benefit from a foundation course - to be clear they didn’t specify that this would be a foundation at PPA - presume we will hear if that’s on the cards in a couple of weeks but..... she is so happy to have been given that feedback - it’s reinforced her determination to go for it next year and try and get a foundation place if possible. Just that tiny bit of feedback has lifted her enormously - well done PPA xx
Sorry what does USP mean?
Unique selling point :D
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Felicity wrote:
coolcatsmomma wrote:
Felicity wrote:
Wow my DD was at the same audition at PPA today Coolcats! Like your DD she absolutely loved it - really friendly vibe similar to Trinity. She said it was one of the most intense but enjoyable auditions yet (this was her last audition). DD said they let them know quite quickly. Would your DD take the Foundation there if offered?

Is there anyone on the forum with a DC at PPA who could offer a perspective?
Hi Felicity. Glad your DD had a good day as well. They didn’t say anything to my DD about when she’d hear so we’re assuming it will be a no - do you mind me asking what they told your DD about how long it would be before they hear?
I think at this stage if DD got offered a foundation she’d be doing cartwheels. We’ve learned so much and I think that a foundation would be a great thing for her.
Keeping fingers crossed they make your DD a Foundation offer Coolcats!
I am pretty sure DD said they would let her know tomorrow??? Sounds super fast...
DD is hoping for a BA offer there but said there were lots of amazing performers at the audition, including many who were on Foundations at various places. I wonder if our DDs met? Mine was the one who swapped with someone who had a train to catch so needed an earlier singing slot. My DH was collecting by car so less pressure on timing. Was v proud of her for stepping up and helping that girl out.
Hi Felicity. Wow that is quick and sounds very promising for your DD - fingers crossed for you both.
I’m not so sure for my DD as they didn’t say a time or specifically refer to their foundation so I’m assuming likely a no but the feedback was gold for DD so just really happy to have got that.

How lovely of your DD to swap times. My DD also swapped times but that was requested by another girl who wanted to wait to go home with her friend. Worked out well for us as we were able to get away at 6pm - hopefully you didn’t have a very long wait!
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Finally some great news.
DD has been offered foundation at PPA and is on the reserve list for BA.
She is beyond excited - (me too). Thanks for all your wishes. And good luck to those still waiting.

UCAS hasn’t updated yet but she’s had an email and it’s also showing on her PPA logon.

Felicity I have sent you a dm - fingers crossed for your DD. X
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Wow!! I’m so thrilled for you and your DD coolcats
This is brilliant news \:D/
Xxxxx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

coolcatsmomma wrote:Finally some great news.
She is beyond excited - (me too). Thanks for all your wishes. And good luck to those still waiting.

UCAS hasn’t updated yet but she’s had an email and it’s also showing on her PPA logon.

Brilliant news!! =D>
Here we go again
Nominee

Post by Here we go again »

So pleased for your DD and of course for you. She will love it.
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Fab news Coolcats! Have just sent you a reply x
DD got an email offering her a place on the BA course which she is thrilled about so a good one to end on.

Lots of luck to all those still auditioning
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Felicity wrote:

DD got an email offering her a place on the BA course which she is thrilled about so a good one to end on.

Fantastic news Felicity - massive well done to your DD. Is she finished with her auditions now?

My DD also got an email from Trinity today suggesting she audition for their foundation - not sure if it’s a standard follow up but was another lovely confidence bump!
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Thank you everyone for all the lovely congrats and good wishes. Xx.
Good luck to everyone still auditioning or waiting xx
Ps. If anyone is going for the foundation at READ in April I’ve already booked non-refundable accommodation -Travelodge with late check out so can do you a fab deal!!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Well done all x My DD also got an email about the foundation yr which was really nice and has cheered her up although there is no way we could afford it sadly x
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:Well done all x My DD also got an email about the foundation yr which was really nice and has cheered her up although there is no way we could afford it sadly x
That is really encouraging for her. So sad that it is out of your price range (and most of us here too!). Give her congratulations from us all. She must has impressed them as they don't offer it to that many
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Felicity wrote:

Excellent. I'm getting lost with all these offers. Perhaps we ought to start a thread saying what they are all going to do next year and people can add when they've finished all their auditions?
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou does anyone know what help we could get towards a foundation yr?