Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Marissa »

Congratulations!!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

On way home from the Urdang 1sr and 2nd year show.
It was amazing , fantastic singing and dancing a fantastic show
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Just to let you all know that DS has told Laine today that he won’t take up their offer of place and DaDA as he is going to GSA if he gets the grade. I’m slightly terrified but it is his decision so I’ll back him on that.

The maintenance cost would have been an issue for us but he made the final decision on what felt right.

That means reserve list for boys down to at least #3 for Laine now.
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Scarytimes wrote:Just to let you all know that DS has told Laine today that he won’t take up their offer of place and DaDA as he is going to GSA if he gets the grade. I’m slightly terrified but it is his decision so I’ll back him on that.

The maintenance cost would have been an issue for us but he made the final decision on what felt right.

Best of luck, I'm sure it wasn't an easy decision to make, very hard to let places go when you've not got a definite offer from your preferred. I hope it works out for you, I very much doubt he would have made that decision if he thought he'd not got the grades he needs. Xx
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Scarytimes wrote:Just to let you all know that DS has told Laine today that he won’t take up their offer of place and DaDA as he is going to GSA if he gets the grade. I’m slightly terrified but it is his decision so I’ll back him on that.

Fingers crossed for results day. I’m sure it will work out well for your son.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Munchpot wrote:

Fingers crossed for results day. I’m sure it will work out well for your son.
Thanks Munchpot and Newbie2018. I may need some hand holding on 15th August! [-o<
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

I will hold your hand if you hold mine x Dd has said that if she doesn't get her grades for Hammond she doesn't want her insurance so may end up auditioning again in November xxx So terrified for her xxx Everything crossed for them all xxx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:I will hold your hand if you hold mine x Dd has said that if she doesn't get her grades for Hammond she doesn't want her insurance so may end up auditioning again in November xxx So terrified for her xxx Everything crossed for them all xxx
It’s a deal! I’ll message you all whilst awake all night on 15th Aug!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote:I will hold your hand if you hold mine x Dd has said that if she doesn't get her grades for Hammond she doesn't want her insurance so may end up auditioning again in November xxx So terrified for her xxx Everything crossed for them all xxx
It’s a deal! I’ll message you all whilst awake all night on 15th Aug!
God I'm dreading it x just wish it would hurry up x so want to call them and see if she would still have a chance should she just miss the grade x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Good luck to everyone for results day !!

Although I’m really looking forward to them, I don’t want to wish the summer away as that’s one step closer to my DS leaving for Trinity. Happy for him obvs, but a little sad to say the least, going to miss having him around. :cry:
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Candafitt wrote:Good luck to everyone for results day !!

Although I’m really looking forward to them, I don’t want to wish the summer away as that’s one step closer to my DS leaving for Trinity. Happy for him obvs, but a little sad to say the least, going to miss having him around. :cry:
I feel the same however I know how heartbroken she will be if she misses those grades so right now I just want that day to arrive xx However I know when my baby girl goes I will be an absolute mess esp as she's my last one at home x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Marissa wrote:
Candafitt wrote:Good luck to everyone for results day !!

I feel the same however I know how heartbroken she will be if she misses those grades so right now I just want that day to arrive xx However I know when my baby girl goes I will be an absolute mess esp as she's my last one at home x
Ahhhh yes Marissa sad times, but wishing you all the best and fingers firmly crossed for your DD! X
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou you too xxxx and everybody else!! Is anyone still waiting for confirmation of place?
MTmum
Nominee

Post by MTmum »

Morning, things are moving again, my dd has now had a phone call from bird to offer here the degree and move from the diploma, which she has decided to do, the accommodation packs were sent out yesterday :) , she still had a offer from LSC and is wondering whether to give it up , she is still torn between them both, not knowing which is the best, as a parent I would like her to go to bird as it will save me a lot of money
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Hard decision but great offers to choose from! Hope she is able to decide soon x