Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

lawn
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by lawn »

Congratulations to all those with offers.

Good luck and fingers crossed to those still waiting to hear and audition.

Marissa- would the offer have come through by email? Have you checked your spam/junk box?

I agree it's still not too late. A couple of years ago someone I know auditioned for Central in early May. (He had to drop out DD's drama group production, how I remember because it was on the same day). He was offered foundation there, which sadly he wasn't able to accept for financial reasons.
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Scarytimes wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Thanks for asking. Urdang degree with top up funding (needs CCC grades), GSA degree (but needs AAB grades!), London Studio Centre degree and waiting to see if they offer any help with funding, Laine he has a place but we can't afford the enormous fees so he needs to do well at the funding recall next week. So he will be going somewhere, just not sure where!
That’s a brilliant result from auditioning this year!! Is it his first year?!! \:D/
yes it's his first year - but it has taken several years off me and that is with a lot of positive results!!
Tell me about it!!! That’s great though, my DS’s first year auditioning too and so far ArtsEd- recall found offer, Central- 1st recall then no further, GSA- recall awaiting result, Trinity- recall offer 3yr BA Hons then Mountview- recall but didn’t attend.

So knowing how hard it can be year after year I’m so proud of his hard work. They must have been ready I guess? I don’t think I could’ve gone on another year or more, but tbh there would’ve been no option. X
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
That’s a brilliant result from auditioning this year!! Is it his first year?!! \:D/
yes it's his first year - but it has taken several years off me and that is with a lot of positive results!!
Tell me about it!!! That’s great though, my DS’s first year auditioning too and so far ArtsEd- recall found offer, Central- 1st recall then no further, GSA- recall awaiting result, Trinity- recall offer 3yr BA Hons then Mountview- recall but didn’t attend.

So knowing how hard it can be year after year I’m so proud of his hard work. They must have been ready I guess? I don’t think I could’ve gone on another year or more, but tbh there would’ve been no option. X
He has done really well. Thankfully they will be off somewhere next year then
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Scarytimes wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

He has done really well. Thankfully they will be off somewhere next year then
You all must be very proud and should be. =D>
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

You do not need a confirmed place to apply for student funding. Applications need to be in by 31st May to have it in place for September. You can apply after that but money will be delayed.
https://www.gov.uk/apply-for-student-finance/when
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

oscar wrote:You do not need a confirmed place to apply for student funding. Applications need to be in by 31st May to have it in place for September. You can apply after that but money will be delayed.
Thanks. I had just discovered this. Before I had thought you would need confirmed offers first. I guess that our audition process is so much more complicated that this isn't even on our radar. That's today's job then...
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Scarytimes wrote:
oscar wrote:You do not need a confirmed place to apply for student funding. Applications need to be in by 31st May to have it in place for September. You can apply after that but money will be delayed.
Thanks. I had just discovered this. Before I had thought you would need confirmed offers first. I guess that our audition process is so much more complicated that this isn't even on our radar. That's today's job then... or maybe not as it is unavailable for this 24 hours. typical!
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Scarytimes wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Thanks. I had just discovered this. Before I had thought you would need confirmed offers first. I guess that our audition process is so much more complicated that this isn't even on our radar. That's today's job then... or maybe not as it is unavailable for this 24 hours. typical!
You’ll need a few coffees to get through it :lol:
It seemed hard going for me cos I did it as if I were my son if that makes sense and then as parents you have to do it as well for the maintenance loan and income, etc so I felt like I did it 3 times but we’re all done now xx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Sherbert wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
It seemed hard going for me cos I did it as if I were my son if that makes sense and then as parents you have to do it as well for the maintenance loan and income, etc so I felt like I did it 3 times but we’re all done now xx
you're not filling me with joy...
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

Marissa wrote:Just come home and DD s friend just emailed her x she had a unconditional offer for Hammond 3wks ago! So she's upset and pretty sure that she hasn't got a place x as humble as she is she felt she was so much better and is gutted x I know alls not lost yet but it's been so long and no word from them x gutted for her x she's going to email them on Monday x
I hope you manage to find out tomorrow Marissa! Did her friend audition on the same date or an earlier one? Am just wondering if they were giving some places out as they go along, as some of the colleges do? x
Itsastrangeworld
BRIT Award

Post by Itsastrangeworld »

Hi all, just to say my DD is accepting a place at Wilkes Academy and therefore is declining offers at Laine, Urdang, Bird and Performers so those on reserve lists may start to see movement. Good Luck everyone xx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Scarytimes wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
you're not filling me with joy...
Really - please someone give me this problem!! I'll be ecstatic :lol:
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Itsastrangeworld wrote:Hi all, just to say my DD is accepting a place at Wilkes Academy and therefore is declining offers at Laine, Urdang, Bird and Performers so those on reserve lists may start to see movement. Good Luck everyone xx
Wow what a line-up! What made her go for Wilkes?
Itsastrangeworld
BRIT Award

Post by Itsastrangeworld »

Live_thedream wrote:
Itsastrangeworld wrote:Hi all, just to say my DD is accepting a place at Wilkes Academy and therefore is declining offers at Laine, Urdang, Bird and Performers so those on reserve lists may start to see movement. Good Luck everyone xx
Wow what a line-up! What made her go for Wilkes?[/quot
Live_thedream wrote:[quote

In all honesty she was blown away by the Principals, facilities and Move It pieces. She also loved Performers and Urdang but Wilkes made her feel that it was the place for her, where she’ll be more than just a number.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Itsastrangeworld wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Wow what a line-up! What made her go for Wilkes?[/quot
Live_thedream wrote:[quote

In all honesty she was blown away by the Principals, facilities and Move It pieces. She also loved Performers and Urdang but Wilkes made her feel that it was the place for her, where she’ll be more than just a number.
She sounds like she has a good head on her. Congratulations for doing so well!