Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Scarytimes »

Live_thedream wrote:
Belledancer wrote:Hi -how are the dancers getting on ? I just thought I would post my Dd's audition experiences. It's been a very stressful 4 months. She is a strong classical/jazz dancer who can sing in tune. She will be going in September at 18 having had excellent non vocational training as well as being very lucky to have access to a very good extended BTEC Diploma in Dance and Performing Arts at a local college.

Millenium Performing Arts - very friendly relaxed audition - offered Degree with a scholarship.

London Studio Centre - again very relaxed friendly audition - re-call for either Ballet or Jazz - her choice.

Urdang - loved the audition but can't see herself there - has a re-call but no guarantee of a place. Several peers from her dance school have a funding recall with a definate place. Out of all the colleges this is the hardest to get to grips with and the whole application/call back process is extremely confusing. She has cancelled her re-call.

Performers College - loved the whole vibe and was offered a place on the day - she was given the choice of Degree of Diploma.

Laine - her dream - offered a place with no recall needed.
and Bird College still to do at the end of April.

I can honestly say it's been hard - driving here there and everywhere, ensuring correct song, monologue leotards etc but worth it as choices to make. I feel for you all but I am sure our DD and DS will get where the need to be. But still no idea what each college wants/looks for and they are all so different
Well done to your DD. My DS has a provisional place at Laine but needs the funding recall to be successful to make it possible. It is his dream place too.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Scarytimes wrote:[

I feel for you (and him). The whole thing is so stressful and you leave them there for the day not knowing how it is all going and have to keep your mind off it. I definitely look forward to the breaks between auditions - we are on a three week one now. I much prefer the ones that email results rather than telling them on the day or making a cut halfway through. At least you have more control over things at home.
Scarytimes I couldn't agree more. Emails better than waiting on the day of audition. Although I won't lie waiting for the postman wasn't great fun :cry:
Enjoy the break!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Well done and hugs for those who didn't get there yet xxx We are anxiously waiting for audition results x This week will be stressful x So wish for my DDs dream to come true like everyone else does x
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Marissa wrote:Well done and hugs for those who didn't get there yet xxx We are anxiously waiting for audition results x This week will be stressful x So wish for my DDs dream to come true like everyone else does x
Like button needed! Good luck Marissa.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Robin64 wrote:
Marissa wrote:Well done and hugs for those who didn't get there yet xxx We are anxiously waiting for audition results x This week will be stressful x So wish for my DDs dream to come true like everyone else does x
Like button needed! Good luck Marissa.

Thankyou xxx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Good luck for your DD Marissa xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Live_thedream wrote:
Thankyou we are pretty sure it will be a no but I suppose there's always a chance xxx
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Marissa wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Thankyou we are pretty sure it will be a no but I suppose there's always a chance xxx
Yes hopefully there is a chance! Am feeling a bit nervous for my DD about the Trinity audition results as this is one of her fave places so far. She doesn’t want another Foundation offer either as she has one at Arts Ed and whilst we are not sure we can afford that, at least the Arts Ed Foundation is more doable as it is near enough she can live at home to save living costs (not ideal though). I guess they should hear this week. Our DDs did well to get recalls so everything crossed.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Felicity wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Yes hopefully there is a chance! Am feeling a bit nervous for my DD about the Trinity audition results as this is one of her fave places so far. She doesn’t want another Foundation offer either as she has one at Arts Ed and whilst we are not sure we can afford that, at least the Arts Ed Foundation is more doable as it is near enough she can live at home to save living costs (not ideal though). I guess they should hear this week. Our DDs did well to get recalls so everything crossed.
Thankyou Goodluck too x yes Lucy's favourite place although they got recalled which is amazing in it's self imho we feel against all the foundation students it's unlikely x and there's not a chance I could afford a foundation yr x Everything crossed x I am not looking forward to this week of waiting xxx hugs xx
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

I’m here with you both felicity and Marissa waiting for a yes or a no from trinity in the next week or so (feeling slightly sick with it all)
I hope my 2 year old daughter doesn’t decide she wants to follow this path :lol: I couldn’t do it again
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Sherbert wrote:I’m here with you both felicity and Marissa waiting for a yes or a no from trinity in the next week or so (feeling slightly sick with it all)
I hope my 2 year old daughter doesn’t decide she wants to follow this path :lol: I couldn’t do it again
Isn't it horrible x I'm thinking about it all the time so god knows what DD is going through. And I can't see how we really have a chance against so many that have already done a foundation year sadly x but Goodluck x
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Marissa wrote:
Sherbert wrote:I’m here with you both felicity and Marissa waiting for a yes or a no from trinity in the next week or so (feeling slightly sick with it all)
Isn't it horrible x I'm thinking about it all the time so god knows what DD is going through. And I can't see how we really have a chance against so many that have already done a foundation year sadly x but Goodluck x
Yes I feel DD is somewhat on the back foot as hasn’t been to stage school / performing arts sixth form and no foundation. She’s had to do all singing/acting/dancing in her spare time (although she does do drama A-level). She says there are so many amazingly talented people at these auditions. Good luck this week to both your DCs for the results x
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Felicity wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Yes I feel DD is somewhat on the back foot as hasn’t been to stage school / performing arts sixth form and no foundation. She’s had to do all singing/acting/dancing in her spare time (although she does do drama A-level). She says there are so many amazingly talented people at these auditions. Good luck this week to both your DCs for the results x
Couldn’t agree more with you all. We’ve just made it to London for Trinity Laban tomorrow (last minute one). Gave the wrong room number as I’ve stayed in so many premier inns lately I’m a bit dizzy. ](*,)
I’ve been following this thread the whole journey - think I’m becoming obsessed :D
And have steeled myself to doing it all again next year. :?
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Couldn’t agree more with you all. We’ve just made it to London for Trinity Laban tomorrow (last minute one). Gave the wrong room number as I’ve stayed in so many premier inns lately I’m a bit dizzy. ](*,)
I’ve been following this thread the whole journey - think I’m becoming obsessed :D
Good luck to your DD tomorrow coolcatsmomma
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

coolcatsmomma wrote:
Felicity wrote:
Marissa wrote: Isn't it horrible x I'm thinking about it all the time so god knows what DD is going through. And I can't see how we really have a chance against so many that have already done a foundation year sadly x but Goodluck x
Yes, lots of luck! I have to say I am not relishing any repeat of the audition merry-go-round...