Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Newbe2018 »

MTmum wrote:Morning, things are moving again, my dd has now had a phone call from bird to offer here the degree and move from the diploma, which she has decided to do, the accommodation packs were sent out yesterday :) , she still had a offer from LSC and is wondering whether to give it up , she is still torn between them both, not knowing which is the best, as a parent I would like her to go to bird as it will save me a lot of money

That’s fab news, well done to your Dd, my Dd is waiting for a call hoping to move from diploma to degree. Fingers crossed we get a call soon x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Hope you hear soon Newbe2018 x
martint
BRIT Award

Post by martint »

Not been on this site for a while but I wanted to wish everyones DC all the best in getting a place and accommodation in the coming weeks.
MTmum
Nominee

Post by MTmum »

Thanks newbe2018, hope your dd hears soon, is she still going to go on the diploma?
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

MTmum wrote:Thanks newbe2018, hope your dd hears soon, is she still going to go on the diploma?

Whoop whoop!!! The call came in today!!!! Dd offered degree course, Yes she would have still gone on the diploma with full dada, but now she’s got the degree and I know she’s applied for student finance would think the dada will go back in the pot for someone, Dd just over the moon! Now to sort accommodation, looking for house shares preferably within walking distance, if anyone else is looking too, please pm me xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Yippee! Newbe2018. So pleased for you xx
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Marissa wrote:Yippee! Newbe2018. So pleased for you xx
Thanks Marissa :D xxx
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Oh! Fantastic news Newbe2018! =D>

Don’t know about you (and others!) but accommodation hunting is turning out to be just about as stressful as auditioning! ](*,) :D
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Fullmoon wrote:Oh! Fantastic news Newbe2018! =D>

Don’t know about you (and others!) but accommodation hunting is turning out to be just about as stressful as auditioning! ](*,) :D
Can say that again, I’ve found a few things, and I’ve registered with some estate agents, but would be better to get a couple together and consider a house share rather than just room.
MTmum
Nominee

Post by MTmum »

That's fantastic news newbie2018, so happy your dd has now got the degree offer :D
Last edited by MTmum on Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

I must admit I don’t think I could cope with that as well, luckily we live close to college so DD staying at home
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Newbe2018 wrote:
MTmum wrote:Thanks newbe2018, hope your dd hears soon, is she still going to go on the diploma?

Whoop whoop!!! The call came in today!!!! Dd offered degree course, Yes she would have still gone on the diploma with full dada, but now she’s got the degree and I know she’s applied for student finance would think the dada will go back in the pot for someone, Dd just over the moon! Now to sort accommodation, looking for house shares preferably within walking distance, if anyone else is looking too, please pm me xx
Excellent news. Congratulations Newbe2018 and DD!
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

Newbe2018 wrote:

Can say that again, I’ve found a few things, and I’ve registered with some estate agents, but would be better to get a couple together and consider a house share rather than just room.
Hi , I know it is difficult because your top priority is to just get a room sorted but do please take time to get to know the people you are moving in with as my daughter has had a horrendous year with her housemates , she is moving in 2 weeks to another place but being with nice , civil , supported people is a god send when you are away from home ! There is a fb group which most students use to advertise any rooms going , Try to get added to that :)
Best of luck everyone , can’t believe My dd is nearly at the end of her 1 st year , Looking forward to the show on Saturday !
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Mumof3girls wrote:
Newbe2018 wrote:

Hi , I know it is difficult because your top priority is to just get a room sorted but do please take time to get to know the people you are moving in with as my daughter has had a horrendous year with her housemates , she is moving in 2 weeks to another place but being with nice , civil , supported people is a god send when you are away from home ! There is a fb group which most students use to advertise any rooms going , Try to get added to that :)
Best of luck everyone , can’t believe My dd is nearly at the end of her 1 st year , Looking forward to the show on Saturday !

Thank you! It’s such a worry, isn’t it?! My DD has been chatting to a girl on their FB page, who seems lovely, but you never know, do you?! Definitely going to just go for a years maximum tenancy to begin with, then at least they have the option to ‘re-group’ if things don’t work out - or they form different friendships!

Hope your DD’s show goes well! x
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

Aw fab news on getting the degree course!

Just a heads up. For Bird They can get a free bus pass through TFL as they will be living in a London borough so don’t discount a small bus ride away.
I had the mad scramble to find landlord accomadtion for my DD and one lovely lady explained it to me as I was insisting it had to be walking distance for cost as well as convienance!
Good luck on finding somewhere. I think I got lucky but I had to accept without visiting the property to make sure she got a room!