Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Robin64
BAFTA Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Robin64 »

I think it means you have got something and the recall will decide which course. That's from memory so someone else may know better. Congratulations on the recall, it is not an easy audition x
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

Hi

didancer55 My dd received the same letter and unfortunately it does not mean a confirmed place this year. I called to check and they said due to sheer number of applicants. They are being considered for all courses including the AVT , if they are the correct age for it. Her recall is 24th Feb, she auditioned in December. Well done to your dd . Mine is only 15 so this is all new to us too.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

@didancer55 congrats on your DD getting recall. Best of luck!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

Congrats on the Urdang recall.

One of dd's classmates has an outright offer of a place & several others got the recall letter which is considering them for a course.
didancer55
Nominee

Post by didancer55 »

Thank you Upinlights - I expected that this might be the case! Good luck to those who have also got recalls. Onwards to the next audition!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

didancer55 wrote:Thank you Upinlights - I expected that this might be the case! Good luck to those who have also got recalls. Onwards to the next audition!
Congratulations!!! I know how chuffed my daughter would have been if she'd had a recall but as you say onwards to the next audition!!! Goodluck all xxx
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

It's all a bit odd.

My DS's Urdang email says "Congratulations you have a place" and you are invited for a funding recall. At this you will be assessed for funding for the diploma and (if you meet the academic criteria) for the degree.

He auditioned early though, so maybe things have changed.

[I've just noticed that he has a new email confirming the recall date and stressing that he DOES have a place and this is just for funding]
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Scarytimes wrote:It's all a bit odd.

My DS's Urdang email says "Congratulations you have a place" and you are invited for a funding recall. At this you will be assessed for funding for the diploma and (if you meet the academic criteria) for the degree.

He auditioned early though, so maybe things have changed.

[I've just noticed that he has a new email confirming the recall date and stressing that he DOES have a place and this is just for funding]
My DD had the same last year - she had a place and then had to go to a funding audition in March / April. This was to award Dadas or to put them on degree so they had student finance. Unfortunatly the funding audition did not go as well as her first and she was not offered any funding (which is not uncommon) she declined the place as we could not afford living costs and training of over £20k per year without.

Being new to the game I assumed most would be offered funding or why offer them a place - how naive I was
Upinlights
BRIT Award

Post by Upinlights »

Hi

Yes there are two types of recall letters, with and without a confirmed place. I think a lot of people found the new method confusing so they have sent another email confirming to everyone whether they are recalling for funding or recalling for a place.
Barton285
BRIT Award

Post by Barton285 »

Interesting when you have to pay £75 to be considered for all funding awards! Mmm!
islandofsodor
OSCAR Award

Post by islandofsodor »

There has been a lot of discussion about that amongst the parents at dd’s School.

You only pay the £75 if you want to be considered for a school scholarship, not if you are only wanting to trybfir DaDa funding.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Just sent DS off to his first audition this year. Will be at Arts Ed tomorrow. His friend who is on his foundation course got confirmed a place last week! Feeling so nervous! [-o<
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Scary isn't it x DD has her 5th audition this week at Trinity Laban x She doesn't feel she has a chance but she's just going to go and enjoy it and sparkle as much as she can x Goodluck x
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Good luck fingers crossed!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Live_thedream wrote:Good luck fingers crossed!
Thankyou x