Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Marissa »

Yes they had her email spelt wrong so she never received the letter of rejection but offering her the hnc. She's feeling more positive today and sees this as a good option. It looks good and as you say it's basically a foundation yr with a qualification and funded hopefully x I need to check up to make sure it will still cover her for the year and then uni after x we also need to look into it more as we have not seen the campus or know how much dance etc she will get to make it worthwhile x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Sorry I need some more help x if she does a HNC will it be worth it as if she starts in September she will have to start auditioning in October for the next lot of BA hons otherwise she would end up having another gap year before being able to apply again? Does anyone have any experience of this?
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

I might be completely wrong, but it just sounds like the route that they take to the full degree is HNC (1st year), HND (2nd year) and BA top up (3rd year). I know that Stella Mann do it this way - it’s all to do with funding. Have a look at their website I think it explains it on there...?
Does the letter definitely say she’s only been offered one year? If not, I would think (hope [-o< ) she’s got a place for the three years as it’s just that the code for the first year is the HNC code, then she will transfer to HND, then BA code...if you follow what I mean?! :-k Again, that is how Stella Mann do it....
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou but I can't imagine she would have a place to continue onwards too unless she applies. So to apply for unis she would have to apply this year as soon as she starts the hnc to fed a place with a uni course for the next September? I have sent an email to The Manchester college x hopefully someone will be able to advise us on how they do this x
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Fingers crossed for an explanation and outcome that your DD is happy with x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou x
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

How confusing Marissa, hope it is resolved for you soon,well done either way.
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Marissa wrote:Sorry I need some more help x if she does a HNC will it be worth it as if she starts in September she will have to start auditioning in October for the next lot of BA hons otherwise she would end up having another gap year before being able to apply again? Does anyone have any experience of this?
You're right in saying that auditions start again in the October, but remember that they go on right through until March. Most of those on any type of foundation level course are usually advised to go for the later auditions, so that they can use what they have learnt. Good luck! It's a stressful process but worth it in the end!! :D
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Yes, Dd hasn't started auditions yet because she is doing a foundation. If it is equivalent of a foundation year (but funded - even better!) Then I would choose that over a 3 year course diploma/degree at a college she wasn't so keen on. Lots of people audition a second (even third) time to get a place they want the most.
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

jennifer1972 wrote:
Marissa wrote:Sorry I need some more help x if she does a HNC will it be worth it as if she starts in September she will have to start auditioning in October for the next lot of BA hons otherwise she would end up having another gap year before being able to apply again? Does anyone have any experience of this?
You're right in saying that auditions start again in the October, but remember that they go on right through until March. Most of those on any type of foundation level course are usually advised to go for the later auditions, so that they can use what they have learnt. Good luck! It's a stressful process but worth it in the end!! :D
Thankyou that helps a lot x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Robin64 wrote:Yes, Dd hasn't started auditions yet because she is doing a foundation. If it is equivalent of a foundation year (but funded - even better!) Then I would choose that over a 3 year course diploma/degree at a college she wasn't so keen on. Lots of people audition a second (even third) time to get a place they want the most.
Well this one has the Arden name to it so it's not the highest but we feel it's a very good start and she loved Arden as soon as she arrived there x we just need to find out more and see the other campus! Of course Trinity is still to go and maybe Hammond so still in the game and at least she has options xxx It is so stressful!!!
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Marissa wrote:
Robin64 wrote:Yes, Dd hasn't started auditions yet because she is doing a foundation. If it is equivalent of a foundation year (but funded - even better!) Then I would choose that over a 3 year course diploma/degree at a college she wasn't so keen on. Lots of people audition a second (even third) time to get a place they want the most.
Well this one has the Arden name to it so it's not the highest but we feel it's a very good start and she loved Arden as soon as she arrived there x we just need to find out more and see the other campus! Of course Trinity is still to go and maybe Hammond so still in the game and at least she has options xxx It is so stressful!!!
You may find your DD does even better at the other auditions. The fact that she has an offer that's good for her, may mean she's more relaxed going into other auditions and therefore perform better
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Munchpot wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Well this one has the Arden name to it so it's not the highest but we feel it's a very good start and she loved Arden as soon as she arrived there x we just need to find out more and see the other campus! Of course Trinity is still to go and

maybe Hammond so still in the game and at least she has options xxx It is so stressful!!!
You may find your DD does even better at the other auditions. The fact that she has an offer that's good for her, may mean she's more relaxed going into other auditions and therefore perform better
Well if she by some miracle got a place in Trinity she would be over the moon so everything crossed!! Xxx
GillyM
Nominee

Post by GillyM »

Has anyone heard back from last week's Hammond BA audition?
Thanks
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Just a little money saving tip! If you are booking audition days in London try and get a Monday because hotel rooms like Travelodge and Premier are cheaper on Sundays. We have done that for Central. Handy places to stay at audition time might be a good thread? and where to go when waiting around. No make up for Central so should be a quick get ready time at least!