Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream »

Candafitt wrote:Woooooooo hooooooooo !!!!! =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Sooooo happy for you and your DD Marissa!!! That’s great news and as for the email saga, that would be the sort of luck I’d have :lol: :lol: :lol:

But what a great end result! Well done.

I will continue to cross fingers for my DS GSA email ........ counting the days til 3rd May when they said he will know by #-o
My DS friend is rejecting his place to take up another one - so there's def 1 place up for grabs!
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Marissa wrote:Still waiting to hear from Hammond :(
Oh no Marissa! I have been checking in each day to see if you had heard yet - how frustrating for you and your DD! ](*,) I hope that you get some resolve today and that the Hammond can let you know one way or another

We are done auditioning this year after the whole Chichester fiasco, DD has decided to take a year out next year, hopefully get a part time job and really focus on her training from end of June after A-levels through to the next round of auditions for 2019, of which we hope to stat auditioning much earlier. I think she will be able to really enjoy her training again as it's become a bit of a slog fitting everything in with A-level exams approaching, but there are a number of older students in her drama & musical theatre classes this year so she knows she won't be the eldest there next year. I did have a few really down days last weekend after she was unable to attend Chichester when she was ill, and where I blamed myself for the fact that she couldn't take up her place at Performers on the foundation course due to the cost. I think that because DD has a positive outlook for a gap year next year it has helped me feel better about it, as I think if she had been very down and depressed my heart would have broken for her.

Her dad is going to be furious and is still banging on about her taking english or law so she has just stopped communicating with him, as every telephone call ends in an argument at the moment - she is 18 and can do whatever she likes for her further education, and he has never been especially supportive of her performing anyway and sees it very much as a hobby and not something that can be a proper job. He has decided that he will not contribute anything towards travel / audition expenses in the future as it's not his choice of course for her (not that he contributed much anyway), so she has also had to deal with the realisation that he only has his own and not her best interests at heart, which when she looked back through her childhood has always been the case, so she has decided to leave him out of the loop as much as possible, but it has been a sad, bittersweet moment watching her look at her father through adult eyes and see him differently. I have had to just step back and let them both get on with it.

Hopefully, this next year we will be much better prepared, as we know when the UCAS deadlines will be, can attend more open days etc, and DD is also now considering applying for both degree and diploma courses so this will open up her options more as well. I have told her though that she must have a solid back up plan as well in case she isn't accepted on a musical theatre course. She did leave it until the last min this year, by not deciding on musical theatre until end of october - everything seemed so rushed. I think I will have to go over and introduce myself over on the 2019 thread!

Just to say a big thankyou to everybody for being so supportive - and I have found so much help, advice and information here and it has been so good to know that other parents are in the same boat with their children, and that we all just want the best for them. You have all been truly amazing and have helped me advise my DD through some of the toughest decisions she has ever had to make, and which will directly impact on her future and career. Well done to everyone whose children have made it onto a course for September, all the best for the future, and to those like us who will be doing it all again - good luck for next year, and hope to hear how your children are getting on again soon. xx
rhythmanddreams your DD sounds very mature - what a lot to cope with. Sounds like she has a good plan and will have the benefit of experience next time. We may well be on same journey again with you as DD is on foundation. Good luck for exams x
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

Marissa wrote: Arghhh SHE GOT A PLACE AT HAMMOND!!! So pleased!!! Thankyou for all your kind words xxx
Dear Rhythmanddreams x I think your idea sounds good and your DD needs a rest to recover etc x I also am so grateful for everyone's support over the last six months and for the next few months lol x it's such a shame hubby isn't supportive but at least she has a fabulous mum to support her xxx I will continue to watch your journey xxx huge hugs xxx
OMG OMG OMG!!!! This is AMAZING!!! \:D/ :D :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well done to your DD Marissa!! I am so happy for you both!! This is the best news!! All the best for starting at Hammond in September xx

Had a good chat with DD - she got 100% in her English Literature A-Level coursework and the highest in her class- the marks came back today. I am so proud, and she says she feels a bit better towards her upcoming A-Level exams, but is still adamant that she wants to do Musical Theatre! She is looking better in herself now the antibiotics have kicked in, has gone out to meet her friends this evening for the first time in weeks and is very positive about her gap year, and even considering reauditioning at Performers next year! I have said if I can scrape the cash together (this round of auditions has cleaned me out, lol) then she could possibly apply to do a summer school either at Performers or another college. We have a good idea going forward about applications and auditions so we won't make the same mistakes twice, and have plans to start some intensive dance training from end of June in better preparation for the auditions, especially in her least-favourite subject ballet - this is the up side to having a dance teacher as a mum! :D We are prepared to tighten up and budget over the coming months to afford the audition trips and will get the forms in nice and early - at least we will this next time be giving it our very best shot!!
And Marissa, don't worry - DD's dad is very much an EX hubby!! (and has been for twelve years - it's just me and my two girls against the rest of the world). Thanks everyone for your kind words of support, it was lovely getting home from teaching this evening and reading through them. All the best everyone xx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Marissa wrote: Arghhh SHE GOT A PLACE AT HAMMOND!!! So pleased!!! Thankyou for all your kind words xxx
Dear Rhythmanddreams x I think your idea sounds good and your DD needs a rest to recover etc x I also am so grateful for everyone's support over the last six months and for the next few months lol x it's such a shame hubby isn't supportive but at least she has a fabulous mum to support her xxx I will continue to watch your journey xxx huge hugs xxx
OMG OMG OMG!!!! This is AMAZING!!! \:D/ :D :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Well done to your DD Marissa!! I am so happy for you both!! This is the best news!! All the best for starting at Hammond in September xx

Had a good chat with DD - she got 100% in her English Literature A-Level coursework and the highest in her class- the marks came back today. I am so proud, and she says she feels a bit better towards her upcoming A-Level exams, but is still adamant that she wants to do Musical Theatre! She is looking better in herself now the antibiotics have kicked in, has gone out to meet her friends this evening for the first time in weeks and is very positive about her gap year, and even considering reauditioning at Performers next year! I have said if I can scrape the cash together (this round of auditions has cleaned me out, lol) then she could possibly apply to do a summer school either at Performers or another college. We have a good idea going forward about applications and auditions so we won't make the same mistakes twice, and have plans to start some intensive dance training from end of June in better preparation for the auditions, especially in her least-favourite subject ballet - this is the up side to having a dance teacher as a mum! :D We are prepared to tighten up and budget over the coming months to afford the audition trips and will get the forms in nice and early - at least we will this next time be giving it our very best shot!!
And Marissa, don't worry - DD's dad is very much an EX hubby!! (and has been for twelve years - it's just me and my two girls against the rest of the world). Thanks everyone for your kind words of support, it was lovely getting home from teaching this evening and reading through them. All the best everyone xx
It certainly sounds like everything will work out for the best x so happy for you both xxx Goodluck xx
Dancemum1973
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dancemum1973 »

Fullmoon wrote:
Dancemum1973 wrote:Have people seen that Renaissance Arts in Leeds have just announced a final audition date?! X
Not come across this place before. Does anybody know much about it....contact hours, grad destinations etc?
Have a look at their website. Do a diploma in dance or musical theatre. Fairly new but very strong dance.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Woo hoo! Just got back from our last audition trip and SO pleased to read this Marissa. Congratulations!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Scarytimes wrote:Woo hoo! Just got back from our last audition trip and SO pleased to read this Marissa. Congratulations!
Thankyou x how did the audition go?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Marissa wrote:Still waiting to hear from Hammond :(
We are done auditioning this year after the whole Chichester fiasco, DD has decided to take a year out next year, hopefully get a part time job and really focus on her training from end of June after A-levels through to the next round of auditions for 2019, of which we hope to stat auditioning much earlier. xx
Sounds really sensible. So hard for her to balance her father's expectations and her own desires too. Glad she is mature and able to do this.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:Woo hoo! Just got back from our last audition trip and SO pleased to read this Marissa. Congratulations!
Thankyou x how did the audition go?
He was quite positive and thought he kept up in his class of ten boys (more doing funding today and tomorrow). The solo bit was strange though, lots of questions from Miss Laine and asked to repeat his solo dance which we are not sure is a good thing!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Nearly there?

Post by Scarytimes »

Feels like we are nearly there with auditions, results and decisions after this flurry of activity. I was only away for a day and there has been so much on this thread.

Good luck to those who have choices to make; well done to those who have already come to a decision about this year or the future as a whole; and keep strong to those who have a wait for reserve/DaDA replies.
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Re: Nearly there?

Post by rhythmanddreams »

Scarytimes wrote:Feels like we are nearly there with auditions, results and decisions after this flurry of activity. I was only away for a day and there has been so much on this thread.

Good luck to those who have choices to make; well done to those who have already come to a decision about this year or the future as a whole; and keep strong to those who have a wait for reserve/DaDA replies.
Good luck for your DS and his audition results
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Nearly there?

Post by Scarytimes »

rhythmanddreams wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:Feels like we are nearly there with auditions, results and decisions after this flurry of activity. I was only away for a day and there has been so much on this thread.

Good luck for your DS and his audition results
Thanks. It will be good to know what is what.
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Ah, glad to see your news Marissa. So nice to have a positive result. Shame it was hard to find out! Good luck those still going x
lynne
GRAMMY Award

Post by lynne »

Congratulations to your dd Marissa! :D
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Live_thedream wrote:
Candafitt wrote:Woooooooo hooooooooo !!!!! =D> =D> =D> \:D/ \:D/ \:D/

Sooooo happy for you and your DD Marissa!!! That’s great news and as for the email saga, that would be the sort of luck I’d have :lol: :lol: :lol:

But what a great end result! Well done.

I will continue to cross fingers for my DS GSA email ........ counting the days til 3rd May when they said he will know by #-o
My DS friend is rejecting his place to take up another one - so there's def 1 place up for grabs!

Let’s hope so!! Thanks x