Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream »

Caroline A-C wrote:I really would try to resist the temptation to compare auditions with friends as it really is not an indication as to whether you somebody has got in or not. Arts Ed are quite quick about getting letters out - it was exactly a week from when my DS auditioned to the arrival of his offer. I know that was a few years ago but I am sure things haven't changed. Fingers crossed for your DS.
Thank you Caroline. I will share this with him. What is your DS doing now?
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sherbert wrote:

The current 'Foundies' as they call them (my DS is so impressed with all the lingo I've learnt :lol: ) are auditioning for the BA next Tues (20th) and my DS is really hoping to stay with Mountview - they are moving from Wood Green to Peckham for 2018 intake (apparently its almost built and ready to go) so we'll see how it goes. As you know though its no dead cert as 2 of his friends from Mountview foundation last year didn't get a BA place this year...anywhere :shock:

Then we've got Trinity on Wed 21st - and that's it - all done :-k que sera, sera
Mountview was DS favourite audition last year. Haven't applied at Trinity. Do they favour dance? DS dance is not his strength
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Live_thedream - Have pm'd you.
All new to me!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Caroline A-C wrote:Live_thedream - Have pm'd you.
Oo can you pm too if it's regarding the trinity musical theatre x any advice / info would be much appreciated x just wandering what she's going to wear right now lol.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

DS was at Arts Ed so no idea about Trinity I'm afraid.
All new to me!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Caroline A-C wrote:DS was at Arts Ed so no idea about Trinity I'm afraid.
Thankyou x
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Mountview was DS favourite audition last year. Haven't applied at Trinity. Do they favour dance? DS dance is not his strength[/quote
]

I hope not :lol:
We’re not the best dancer but much better than last year since doing the foundation - singing is definitely DS’s strongest area x
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sherbert wrote:
Mountview was DS favourite audition last year. Haven't applied at Trinity. Do they favour dance? DS dance is not his strength[/quote
]

I hope not :lol:
We’re not the best dancer but much better than last year since doing the foundation - singing is definitely DS’s strongest area x
Good luck for both Trinity and Mountview xx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Caroline A-C wrote:Live_thedream - Have pm'd you.
Didn't get anything Caroline A-C?
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Didn't get anything Caroline A-C?

Live_thedream - have resent. Let me know if you have not received it this time.
All new to me!
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Trinity is known for Dancing rather than Musical Theatre however we went to their open day last year and the MT students most certainly were not dancers. My DD did not audition in the end as worried may not be high enough standard for her as she is a dancer. They have amazing facilities at both buildings and seemed very nice and their reputation is building within MT.
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Thanks dancemom - very helpful
Yeah I've definitely heard their name coming through more and more in MT
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Just to add DD said dance workshop was fine. They didn't ask to see her dance x Sounds to me like the singing is the key x
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Just dropped DD off to Mountview for BA MT audition (first one for us first timers).
Really don’t know how they do it - wandering round Wood Green feeling slightly queasy. :?
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

coolcatsmomma wrote:Just dropped DD off to Mountview for BA MT audition (first one for us first timers).
Really don’t know how they do it - wandering round Wood Green feeling slightly queasy. :?
Oh bless you. Well if anyone will understand what it's like, this group will! It takes it's toll on the nerves - mine were shot last year going through it the first time. If it's not worrying for them on how they are getting through their audition, it's wondering if they have made it to next stage, then it's whether they have been offered a place. Not forgetting all the prep you do for the audition and then listening to his it all went.

Seriously sending lots of good luck to your DD [-o<