Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Scarytimes »

DGtherunner wrote:No, he's there for the Actor Musician auditions on 19th May with potential recall on 20th. He wasn't successful for MT, but was offered a free audition for Actor Musician. I was going to go down with him, but he's said he doesn't want me there as I 'fret too much'.
Ah! Sounds familiar :D

I have a friend in the same position for Mountview and will be there in May - good luck! Seems ages away :-({|=
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote: Goodluck too!
DS went a few weeks ago. There were 24 there which is apparently more than normal so the day ran a bit late. The dancing was harder, but not too hard, they had to do songs and monologues in front of the group and they did the monologues in any order - you just got up when you felt like it and started off. DS had to do both songs and was then given changes to make to one and asked to do it again - I presume to see how he took direction. 4/5 were kept back for interview which was fairly frank and he was offered place at the end of it. Not what we were expecting as the blurb say wait for UCAS in 1-2 weeks.

Best wishes and hope it goes really well!
Update from today’s GSA recall! Well my DS got through to interview stage, 5 out of around 20/25 maybe.
Out of the 5, 2 were already on a foundation at GSA. He was told 2-3 weeks to hear via UCAS.

so just a waiting game now!! :o
Just logged in after a long work week to catch up on news - great to hear and many congrats on your DS getting through to the interview stage, hopefully he will get an offer!
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

DGtherunner wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
DS went a few weeks ago. There were 24 there which is apparently more than normal so the day ran a bit late. The dancing was harder, but not too hard, they had to do songs and monologues in front of the group and they did the monologues in any order - you just got up when you felt like it and started off. DS had to do both songs and was then given changes to make to one and asked to do it again - I presume to see how he took direction. 4/5 were kept back for interview which was fairly frank and he was offered place at the end of it. Not what we were expecting as the blurb say wait for UCAS in 1-2 weeks.

Update from today’s GSA recall! Well my DS got through to interview stage, 5 out of around 20/25 maybe.
Out of the 5, 2 were already on a foundation at GSA. He was told 2-3 weeks to hear via UCAS.

Congratulations to your DS. Not seen my DS yet, but he's been offered Foundation, not sure at what point he was told that. Unfortunately can't really afford a Foundation course, so he'll be off to Italia Conti (unless he decides to still try for Mountview with a scholarship).
Yes I can totally sympathise with you there my DS was offered Arts Ed foundation a few months ago and whilst a huge boost of confidence for him, completely unrealistic financially. Disappointing at the time.
For us it’s either Trinity Laban or GSA so to have been offered Trinity already is a huge relief for him. Now just a wait for the GSA outcome from today?!!?!? Be interesting to know at what point today they offered the foundation? Thanks for all the kind words and good luck to all yet to attend recalls! X
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Munchpot wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

Congratulations to your DS. Hope it's good news
Thank you!! X
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

We've been the same. My DS was also offered Foundation at Arts Ed which we were holding and praying for a lottery win, but Italia Conti is student loan funded so, financially is the only thing that makes sense. It will be enough of a struggle to fund accomodation and living in London! Hope it's good news from GSA when you hear.
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Felicity wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

Just logged in after a long work week to catch up on news - great to hear and many congrats on your DS getting through to the interview stage, hopefully he will get an offer!
Thanks that’s kind x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Marissa wrote:Fantastic news! You must be so proud of your DS.
Over the moon and fingers crossed Marissa! X
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

DGtherunner wrote:We've been the same. My DS was also offered Foundation at Arts Ed which we were holding and praying for a lottery win, but Italia Conti is student loan funded so, financially is the only thing that makes sense. It will be enough of a struggle to fund accomodation and living in London! Hope it's good news from GSA when you hear.
Yes it’s so hard from the financial side of it all, it’s caused me a lot of worry as you just want the best for them. Fingers crossed though x
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Well done to both your boys Candafitt and DGtherunner
Great news!! \:D/
Xx
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Sherbert wrote:Well done to both your boys Candafitt and DGtherunner
Great news!! \:D/
Xx
Thanks Sherbert x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Candafitt wrote:
Marissa wrote:Fantastic news! You must be so proud of your DS.
Over the moon and fingers crossed Marissa! X
Thankyou x I can't stand all this waiting! So far DDs options are
Mt degree- Gloucester
Ucen (linked with Arden) MT hnc -Manchester
Reserve place on MT foundation with Trinity
Waiting to hear from Hammond!
Just waiting for Hammond before we decide back up plan for Trinity. I so want to get student finance and accommodation sorted incase Trinity doesn't work out x We went to the bank to see if we could get a loan for Trinity and luckily all seems ok if we make cutbacks etc and more crowdfunding!!! But can't do anything but wait!!!!
CHEK
BRIT Award

Post by CHEK »

Reading your posts with interest having been in your position over the last 2yrs, 2016 my 15yr old DD auditioned at Urdang no offer, Laine - foundation offered, Tiffany - 50% scholarship, Bird - Diploma no funding & Italia Conti - Diploma Dada offered, Italia was the only reasonable decision due to costs, however she decided to turn this offer down as it wasn’t her favourite place.
So she started A levels which she hated & asked if she could do just one audition the following year, fast forward to May 2017 almost the last audition date at Bird & again she was offered Dimploma, this time she was on the reserve list.....she resigned herself for going back to 6th form in Sept when at the beginning of Aug she received the phone call offering her funding & 7mths later she is loving life, working very hard & I’am extremely proud of her, it was the hardest decision for us as a family letting her go at 17 but she has excelled.
I’m a great believer in what will be will be....
If I can help with any queries about the process I’d be more than happy to help
Good luck to you all waiting x
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

Candafitt wrote:
DGtherunner wrote:
Candafitt wrote: Be interesting to know at what point today they offered the foundation? Thanks for all the kind words and good luck to all yet to attend recalls! X
Just spoken to my DS. He's having a nightmare getting home as trains have been cancelled. Hoping he can still get the last train out of London!

He said of the 5 who were called for interview, the boys were fantastic and he wasn't surprised they got through, so that must be your DS :D

My DS wasn't interviewed, but about 5 of them were called back and told they really wanted them to do the Foundation year. So looking good for your DS to get an offer [-o<
Sallybarter
Nominee

Post by Sallybarter »

Munchpot wrote:
LiveToDance wrote:Hi there. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear from Performers about degree/diploma place. Got a letter saying they would let us know by the end of March after all their auditions, but still haven’t had a letter. Anyone else in a similar situation?
We are waiting. DD had her audition last Thursday, which were the last ones. Hopefully will all hear soon

My daughter auditioned on 27th March and we got a letter on Saturday 31st offering pre-vocational course
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

DGtherunner wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
DGtherunner wrote:
Just spoken to my DS. He's having a nightmare getting home as trains have been cancelled. Hoping he can still get the last train out of London!

He said of the 5 who were called for interview, the boys were fantastic and he wasn't surprised they got through, so that must be your DS :D

My DS wasn't interviewed, but about 5 of them were called back and told they really wanted them to do the Foundation year. So looking good for your DS to get an offer [-o<
Congratulations to you both DGtherunner and Candafitt!! It's an achievement in itself to be recalled but to have also got offers/potential offers is amazing.

My DS' friend was also there and got through to interview with final decision to be confirmed by UCAS.