Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Live_thedream »

Good luck to everyone at GSA recalls tomorrow. Couple of DS friends are also there. Fingers crossed for you
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

DGtherunner wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote: Goodluck too!
DS went a few weeks ago. There were 24 there which is apparently more than normal so the day ran a bit late. The dancing was harder, but not too hard, they had to do songs and monologues in front of the group and they did the monologues in any order - you just got up when you felt like it and started off. DS had to do both songs and was then given changes to make to one and asked to do it again - I presume to see how he took direction. 4/5 were kept back for interview which was fairly frank and he was offered place at the end of it. Not what we were expecting as the blurb say wait for UCAS in 1-2 weeks.

Best wishes and hope it goes really well!
My DS is there tomorrow (Friday) just waved him off on the train to London! Well done to all the ones offered places so far. It's his first choice so got all my fingers and toes crossed.
My nerves are rapidly growing. All checked in at his hotel this evening whilst I sit and stew at home until tomorrow aft!! Good luck to your DS!! X
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Goodluck everyone xxx
LiveToDance
Nominee

Post by LiveToDance »

Hi there. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear from Performers about degree/diploma place. Got a letter saying they would let us know by the end of March after all their auditions, but still haven’t had a letter. Anyone else in a similar situation?
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

LiveToDance wrote:Hi there. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear from Performers about degree/diploma place. Got a letter saying they would let us know by the end of March after all their auditions, but still haven’t had a letter. Anyone else in a similar situation?
We are waiting. DD had her audition last Thursday, which were the last ones. Hopefully will all hear soon
Last edited by Munchpot on Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
LiveToDance
Nominee

Post by LiveToDance »

Munchpot wrote:
LiveToDance wrote:Hi there. Just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to hear from Performers about degree/diploma place. Got a letter saying they would let us know by the end of March after all their auditions, but still haven’t had a letter. Anyone else in a similar situation?
We are waiting. DD has her audition last Thursday, which were the last ones. Hopefully will all hear soon
That’s good to know, thank you. Good luck!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

We are still waiting to hear from Hammond x I'm guessing they are on holiday still x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
We’re there too for recall but on sat 28th x

I’m sure scarytimes’ DS has been offered a place so maybe can help xx good luck x
Goodluck too!
DS went a few weeks ago. There were 24 there which is apparently more than normal so the day ran a bit late. The dancing was harder, but not too hard, they had to do songs and monologues in front of the group and they did the monologues in any order - you just got up when you felt like it and started off. DS had to do both songs and was then given changes to make to one and asked to do it again - I presume to see how he took direction. 4/5 were kept back for interview which was fairly frank and he was offered place at the end of it. Not what we were expecting as the blurb say wait for UCAS in 1-2 weeks.

Update from today’s GSA recall! Well my DS got through to interview stage, 5 out of around 20/25 maybe.
Out of the 5, 2 were already on a foundation at GSA. He was told 2-3 weeks to hear via UCAS.

so just a waiting game now!! :o
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

Update from today’s GSA recall! Well my DS got through to interview stage, 5 out of around 20/25 maybe.
Out of the 5, 2 were already on a foundation at GSA. He was told 2-3 weeks to hear via UCAS.

Congratulations to your DS. Hope it's good news
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Fantastic news! You must be so proud of your DS.
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

Very well done to him Candafitt and fingers crossed for UCAS
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

DGtherunner wrote:
Scarytimes wrote: Goodluck too!

My DS is there tomorrow (Friday) just waved him off on the train to London! Well done to all the ones offered places so far. It's his first choice so got all my fingers and toes crossed.
Hope it all went well for him today!
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:

Congratulations to your DS. Not seen my DS yet, but he's been offered Foundation, not sure at what point he was told that. Unfortunately can't really afford a Foundation course, so he'll be off to Italia Conti (unless he decides to still try for Mountview with a scholarship).
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

DGtherunner wrote:
Candafitt wrote:

Congratulations to your DS. Not seen my DS yet, but he's been offered Foundation, not sure at what point he was told that. Unfortunately can't really afford a Foundation course, so he'll be off to Italia Conti (unless he decides to still try for Mountview with a scholarship).[/quote]

Great to get the offer - but I know what you mean about affordability. My DS at Mountview next week so may see him there if he does try as there is only one boys first recall isn't there?
DGtherunner
BRIT Award

Post by DGtherunner »

No, he's there for the Actor Musician auditions on 19th May with potential recall on 20th. He wasn't successful for MT, but was offered a free audition for Actor Musician. I was going to go down with him, but he's said he doesn't want me there as I 'fret too much'.