Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by rhythmanddreams »

scottishdancer00 wrote:Thought I would also update with Dds latest result. She was offered an unconditional on the spot to a college which although doesn’t itself provide vocational training runs a 40h a week HNC with a 90% success rates of students going to top London colleges after the course. Dd is over the moon as we hadn’t expected a yes from this one !
Well done to your DD! =D>
scottishdancer00
BRIT Award

Post by scottishdancer00 »

Marissa wrote:
scottishdancer00 wrote:Thought I would also update with Dds latest result. She was offered an unconditional on the spot to a college which although doesn’t itself provide vocational training runs a 40h a week HNC with a 90% success rates of students going to top London colleges after the course. Dd is over the moon as we hadn’t expected a yes from this one !
Sounds amazing x Huge congratulations! which College is this?
It’s a FE college local to us in Scotland but it seems to have a good reputation
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

scottishdancer00 wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Sounds amazing x Huge congratulations! which College is this?
It’s a FE college local to us in Scotland but it seems to have a good reputation
Sounds great x congratulations again x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Munchpot wrote:
Candafitt wrote:
My DS is in the same boat wondering this too....he was told by a friend who’s there now that they don’t accept you if the grades aren’t reached as there are so many that do achieve AAB there’s no need to!? However, I’ve also heard if they want you, they might?!???! So no clearer really, sorry.
My DS has his recall soon, so we will see.
The dilemma we also have is, his Trinity Laban offer is awaiting acceptance on UCAS, but if he were to be offered GSA obviously we won’t know how realistic that is before results day! So how does that work as I’m sure he needs to accept or decline Trinity before then????? In all honesty he is beginning to favour Trinity as oddly even though it’s ‘in London’ with the maint loan being higher but the accommodation being almost the same price and the fact Trinity offer a bursary (means tested), this actually works out better for him financially.
My DD hasn't applied to Trinity this year, but last year she did that via CUCAS and the others via UCAS. At the time CUCAS told us if she got a Trinity Offer she could accept that as first choice on CUCAs and the other degree on on UCAS and then make your decision on results day

Worth calling them - they were very helpful to us
Thank you, I messaged them and they confirmed that he can accept Trinity via his Conservatoire application and if lucky enough to be offered GSA can also accept that via UCAS, then decide on results day dependant on the AAB! He’s happy that he’s got Trinity ‘in the bag’ so to speak as it’s a guaranteed conditional (dependant on EE but he’s way above that currently, thank goodness!) and Trinity is a fantastic offer for him in any case.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Candafitt wrote:
Thank you, I messaged them and they confirmed that he can accept Trinity via his Conservatoire application and if lucky enough to be offered GSA can also accept that via UCAS, then decide on results day dependant on the AAB! He’s happy that he’s got Trinity ‘in the bag’ so to speak as it’s a guaranteed conditional (dependant on EE but he’s way above that currently, thank goodness!) and Trinity is a fantastic offer for him in any case.
So glad to hear this. So no matter what happens he'll be somewhere that he wants to be
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Good luck to everyone auditioning for the final week of auditions at Performers College.

Hopefully once this week is over they should start making offers for September intake
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

I’m glad you spoke munchpot - it was getting very quiet here :lol:
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

We are still waiting for results x really hope DD will know where she's going before Easter x Any day now x
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Everything crossed for you both Marissa xx
lynne
GRAMMY Award

Post by lynne »

Hi Marrisa
We too are waiting to hear about the Trinity Foundation! Good luck to both our dd! x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

lynne wrote:Hi Marrisa
We too are waiting to hear about the Trinity Foundation! Good luck to both our dd! x
They told DD last week they would find out between 27th to the 29th x Goodluck x we are waiting to hear from Hammond too x I'm dreading the thought of her getting two rejections this week x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Sherbert wrote:Everything crossed for you both Marissa xx
Thankyou x I just want it all over xxxx
lynne
GRAMMY Award

Post by lynne »

hi Marissa
Yes we were told that too! We have one audition to go. Be glad when its all over!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

lynne wrote:hi Marissa
Yes we were told that too! We have one audition to go. Be glad when its all over!
Dreading it xxx both our DDs dreams could come true x can't stand the waiting x DDs at college so I can't even ask her! Just sat here waiting crocheting lol
lynne
GRAMMY Award

Post by lynne »

Me too, Really dreading another rejection. Trinity is my daughters favourite place. DD at college too! Im sat at computer but thinking about getting on with the quilt I'm making. Seems like we are running parallel lives!