Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Munchpot »

Marissa wrote:Thankyou x DD survived the two cuts xxx she's shattered and has a headache but we are now on our way home x All seems good x now just to hope and pray again xxx But our audition year is over!
Well done to your DD and well done to yiu for getting through it all!

Good luck and fingers crossed for results Do let us know what happens
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou all xxx
oscar
GRAMMY Award

Post by oscar »

Don't forget that part of that 20% will be overseas students who may not have the grades. But some things in life are worth a gamble.How gutted would your DS or Dd be if they got an offer for GSA but didn't put it as first choice , only to find out in August that they had the grades or would Hv been accepted on their results ?
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

Marissa wrote:Thankyou x DD survived the two cuts xxx she's shattered and has a headache but we are now on our way home x All seems good x now just to hope and pray again xxx But our audition year is over!
So happy that she made it to the final round!! Best of luck with the outcome, now the awful waiting. Will cross my fingers for her and for you.
We have a couple of weeks' break now before the next round of auditions for us, though it's not really a break as such as we have a dance show on 8th April. Wishing you all the best, and glad that your DD's audition went well xx
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Fingers crossed for you and your DD Marissa. Sounds like she’s done really well. Hope you don’t have to wait too long.x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Thankyou x
Felicity
GRAMMY Award

Post by Felicity »

Scarytimes wrote:
Well done to her and very encouraging. That horrible waiting period now.
Glad it went well today and the very best of luck for the result x
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Ah that's great news Marissa! Well done to your DD :)
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

I think me and DS might as well just treat the audition day to GSA as a day out as he doesn't have the grades - oddly takes the edge off the nerves! :lol:
sailorgirluae
BRIT Award

Post by sailorgirluae »

Does anyone know how long RADA normally take to get back to you? DS had audition on 5 March but still have not heard anything from them.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Live_thedream wrote:I think me and DS might as well just treat the audition day to GSA as a day out as he doesn't have the grades - oddly takes the edge off the nerves! :lol:
And not having any nerves may make your DS relaxed and he does an amazing job, which wows them, and they lower their grade boundary for him. Fingers crossed
jennifer1972
GRAMMY Award

Post by jennifer1972 »

Munchpot wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:I think me and DS might as well just treat the audition day to GSA as a day out as he doesn't have the grades - oddly takes the edge off the nerves! :lol:
And not having any nerves may make your DS relaxed and he does an amazing job, which wows them, and they lower their grade boundary for him. Fingers crossed
I agree! Once the pressure is off, amazing things can happen!
rhythmanddreams
BRIT Award

Post by rhythmanddreams »

sailorgirluae wrote:Does anyone know how long RADA normally take to get back to you? DS had audition on 5 March but still have not heard anything from them.
Not sure about how long as I don't know much about RADA (apart from the fact that it's amazing!), but I would normally say for any audition, up to four weeks. I would imagine that they would want to get the letters out before they break for Easter? Possibly give it until next week? Best of luck to your son for the outcome of his audition! Will it be a recall that he has to attend from this letter, or a direct acceptance/refusal?
lawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by lawn »

sailorgirluae wrote:Does anyone know how long RADA normally take to get back to you? DS had audition on 5 March but still have not heard anything from them.
I don't know how long, but I've just looked up an old thread I remember, when there was a dilemma between the 3 year degree courses that had been offered at GSA and Rose Bruford and a foundation at Rada. I don't know how long that poster's dc had had the offer for but the question was asked mid-April, so am just guessing from that, that it could still be a few weeks.
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

jennifer1972 wrote:
Munchpot wrote:
I agree! Once the pressure is off, amazing things can happen!
Thank you Munchpot and Jennifer :)