Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Sherbert »

Live_thedream wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Glad you are getting things sorted Candafitt :)

Sherbert - sometimes even the best don't get through if it's not their year and you still have GSA :)
True :) I honestly couldn’t find fault with one of them - they were all outstanding x college panels must have to be so so picky to find anything wrong with anyone at this stage

I’m going to get our student finance applied for tonight for Trinity - glad to be getting my son home this Sunday until September - I’ve really missed him x

When is your Son at Central? My sons friend has had a recall for Central which is a massive achievement apparently as it’s a really hard one to get into x
Ah I bet you have missed him but also so much to look forward to.
My son was at Central on Monday and got recalled through to the afternoon for MT :) As great as that was, we are very well aware that getting through to the next stage is going to be tough (only 9 places for boys and 9 for girls). Will just play the waiting game :roll: . His friends who auditioned before him are still waiting to hear too. I think they confirm in batches.
That’s brilliant news! I had no idea he’d been recalled - that’s massive news for central! I have everything crossed for him xx
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sherbert wrote:
That’s brilliant news! I had no idea he’d been recalled - that’s massive news for central! I have everything crossed for him xx
Ah thank you Sherbert :D your support is always appreciated xx he only got recalled to second stage which was the afternoon. There is another recall to third stage which we are waiting to hear about. Just out of interest, do you know if your son's friend has been invited to 3rd recall? And if so when he had his first audition and when did he get invited? Hope that makes sense !
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Thanks Munchpot, Marissa, Candafitt, Sherbert and Live_thedream. Love the support on this forum. Keeps us all going...
So what are his offers so far?
Thanks for asking. Urdang degree with top up funding (needs CCC grades), GSA degree (but needs AAB grades!), London Studio Centre degree and waiting to see if they offer any help with funding, Laine he has a place but we can't afford the enormous fees so he needs to do well at the funding recall next week. So he will be going somewhere, just not sure where!
Amazing offers x you must be so proud x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Just come home and DD s friend just emailed her x she had a unconditional offer for Hammond 3wks ago! So she's upset and pretty sure that she hasn't got a place x as humble as she is she felt she was so much better and is gutted x I know alls not lost yet but it's been so long and no word from them x gutted for her x she's going to email them on Monday x
lotsolaffs
BAFTA Award

Post by lotsolaffs »

Marissa I thought that you had been waiting a long time,I think you should have heard by now something must be wrong. Trust this sort of thing to happen on a Friday when you can't talk to anyone and have it hanging over you for the weekend. Hope when you hear it's good news x
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

lotsolaffs wrote:Marissa I thought that you had been waiting a long time,I think you should have heard by now something must be wrong. Trust this sort of thing to happen on a Friday when you can't talk to anyone and have it hanging over you for the weekend. Hope when you hear it's good news x
Thankyou just had a hug with her x I think the not knowing where she's going has just got on top of her x all her friends are doing academic studies and are all settled and she hasn't got a clue yet x it looks like either a year in Manchester or if a miracle happens a year at Trinity and auditioning again after Xmas x
Candafitt
BRIT Award

Post by Candafitt »

Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Thanks Munchpot, Marissa, Candafitt, Sherbert and Live_thedream. Love the support on this forum. Keeps us all going...
Thanks for asking. Urdang degree with top up funding (needs CCC grades), GSA degree (but needs AAB grades!), London Studio Centre degree and waiting to see if they offer any help with funding, Laine he has a place but we can't afford the enormous fees so he needs to do well at the funding recall next week. So he will be going somewhere, just not sure where!
That’s a brilliant result from auditioning this year!! Is it his first year?!! \:D/
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Marissa wrote:
lotsolaffs wrote:Marissa I thought that you had been waiting a long time,I think you should have heard by now something must be wrong. Trust this sort of thing to happen on a Friday when you can't talk to anyone and have it hanging over you for the weekend. Hope when you hear it's good news x
Thankyou just had a hug with her x I think the not knowing where she's going has just got on top of her x all her friends are doing academic studies and are all settled and she hasn't got a clue yet x it looks like either a year in Manchester or if a miracle happens a year at Trinity and auditioning again after Xmas x
I always think maybe it’s a good sign cos they often let the no’s know first?? Just a thought xx fingers crossed for her Marissa - I’m still hoping there will be lots of movement on trinity reserve for you ;) xxx
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Sherbert wrote:
Marissa wrote:
I always think maybe it’s a good sign cos they often let the no’s know first?? Just a thought xx fingers crossed for her Marissa - I’m still hoping there will be lots of movement on trinity reserve for you ;) xxx
Thankyou x I really hope so x we just need to have something sort of as a plan x maybe her dreams will come true in the end and Trinity will come through x but right now we need to know either way from Hammond x
Sherbert
GRAMMY Award

Post by Sherbert »

Live_thedream wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
Ah thank you Sherbert :D your support is always appreciated xx he only got recalled to second stage which was the afternoon. There is another recall to third stage which we are waiting to hear about. Just out of interest, do you know if your son's friend has been invited to 3rd recall? And if so when he had his first audition and when did he get invited? Hope that makes sense !
I just asked him and he said his friend is yet to hear about the 3rd round - he got through to 2nd round on same day as 1st round so in the same boat as your DS I think xx his audition was 3 weeks ago x
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Sherbert wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
I just asked him and he said his friend is yet to hear about the 3rd round - he got through to 2nd round on same day as 1st round so in the same boat as your DS I think xx his audition was 3 weeks ago x
Thanks Sherbert. X
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Marissa wrote:
Thankyou x I really hope so x we just need to have something sort of as a plan x maybe her dreams will come true in the end and Trinity will come through x but right now we need to know either way from Hammond x
Marissa, maybe like what happened with GSA they told some people sooner and doesn't necessarily mean the end for your daughter? Like someone said shame it's a Friday because you could enquire and ask
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Candafitt wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Marissa wrote:
That’s a brilliant result from auditioning this year!! Is it his first year?!! \:D/
yes it's his first year - but it has taken several years off me and that is with a lot of positive results!!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Marissa wrote:
We definitely keep hearing about some that get to know earlier or later and it doesn't seem to mean necessarily negative things but I know it is hard not to assume that when you are sitting there waiting. Of course, there are stories on here of people getting recalls and offers that get lost on their way - admin errors, so definitely worth ringing on Monday. Such a shame it is the weekend now!
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Sherbert wrote:
Live_thedream wrote:
Sherbert wrote:
Fingers crossed for him. I'm sure these colleges are blissfully ignorant of the stress our DS/DD are under when waiting several weeks to hear and imagining all sorts of things. Can't believe what a long long process this all is.