Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

bro1234
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by bro1234 »

Hi Laurellen

We heard just over 2 weeks for Bird. So you should get a letter anytime. Good luck.
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

There's still one more audition day for BIrd, so they may be holding out until after that to send the final advices ?
em2512
Nominee

Post by em2512 »

I called Laine this afternoon as we have not heard anything. They said if we haven't heard from them then a decision has not been made yet, they would like to think it will be end of this week but most likely next week.
The waiting continues...
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

em2512 wrote:I called Laine this afternoon as we have not heard anything. They said if we haven't heard from them then a decision has not been made yet, they would like to think it will be end of this week but most likely next week.
The waiting continues...

Thanks for playing devil’s advocate for the rest of us!
Wonder if anyone has had a “no” yet....
Why tell them one thing and do another? “Yes and no sent out by letter then a few days later the waiting list is told by email...”

:-k
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Laurellen wrote:
em2512 wrote:I called Laine this afternoon as we have not heard anything. They said if we haven't heard from them then a decision has not been made yet, they would like to think it will be end of this week but most likely next week.
The waiting continues...

Thanks for playing devil’s advocate for the rest of us!
Wonder if anyone has had a “no” yet....
Why tell them one thing and do another? “Yes and no sent out by letter then a few days later the waiting list is told by email...”

:-k
Quite! Nothing here either and all these phone calls don't match their stated process at all!
dancemom43
GRAMMY Award

Post by dancemom43 »

Munchpot wrote:There's still one more audition day for BIrd, so they may be holding out until after that to send the final advices ?
I know the Bird foundation students have their Bird audition this Thursday and find out on 25th May so the reserve list will move around then as some of the foundation students get a yes and others go onto reserve. Their list last year started to move from May but was still moving right up until the first week of term.
Dance1921
Nominee

Post by Dance1921 »

Had a no from laine today :(
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Dance1921 wrote:Had a no from laine today :(
So sorry x are you waiting for more or have a plan?
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Really sorry to hear that and thanks for being brave enough to tell us all. I expect I will be posting the same soon. Was it a phone call or letter? (Want to prepare ourselves)
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

Sorry to hear that. But thank you so much for letting us know.
They could try again next year maybe?!
My friend always says “the world knows”.
She has never been wrong yet.
I’m sure your son/daughter has amazing things ahead. I Mean they were good enough to get into Laine!! That’s amazing!
Live_thedream
GRAMMY Award

Post by Live_thedream »

Hi everyone

It's been some time since I was on here last. DS didn't get called back for Central, we were all set for a year out, but then after much deliberation, DS went to audition at The Brighton Academy and has been offered a place!! :D And he's going to accept! So I am now officially in the looking for accommodation/student finance camp :lol:

DS was really impressed with TBA - their recent agent success rate was the reason why he opted to go for it and in general found them responsive, (good in their communication etc) and impressed with their genuine concern for individuals.

I am glad - I don't think I could have taken any more of the stress!
Marissa
GRAMMY Award

Post by Marissa »

Live_thedream wrote:Hi everyone

It's been some time since I was on here last. DS didn't get called back for Central, we were all set for a year out, but then after much deliberation, DS went to audition at The Brighton Academy and has been offered a place!! :D And he's going to accept! So I am now officially in the looking for accommodation/student finance camp :lol:

DS was really impressed with TBA - their recent agent success rate was the reason why he opted to go for it and in general found them responsive, (good in their communication etc) and impressed with their genuine concern for individuals.

So pleased you have settled and are happy with your choice xxx congratulations x
Munchpot
GRAMMY Award

Post by Munchpot »

Congratulations to your DS
Fullmoon
BRIT Award

Post by Fullmoon »

Congratulations to your DS Livinthedream! Nice to hear of offers coming in....not so nice to hear the no’s or the endless waiting for others :(

Newbe2018 I’ve pm’d you! :D
Robin64
BAFTA Award

Post by Robin64 »

Brighton is amazing. A great place for young people, close to London to see shows, so vibrant and energetic. Hope he has a brilliant time. Good luck x