Auditioning for SEPT 2018

A place to talk about full time schools and post 16 training.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Candafitt
BRIT Award

Re: Auditioning for SEPT 2018

Post by Candafitt »

And my DS has just really casually dropped in the conversation, that the 19th May is not when he will hear from GSA by (as he led me to believe!) but in fact the date of the last recall audition !!!!!! “Yes I will know after that” THATS NOT WHAT YOU TOLD ME!!!!! Aaaaaaaarrrggghhhh...more waiting, whilst he acts cool as anything! (Although he is hiding it I think) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :lol: :lol: :lol:
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

Candafitt wrote:And my DS has just really casually dropped in the conversation, that the 19th May is not when he will hear from GSA by (as he led me to believe!) but in fact the date of the last recall audition !!!!!! “Yes I will know after that” THATS NOT WHAT YOU TOLD ME!!!!! Aaaaaaaarrrggghhhh...more waiting, whilst he acts cool as anything! (Although he is hiding it I think) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) :lol: :lol: :lol:
What are they like!!!! 8)
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

There have definitely been some more Laine phone calls today. Apparently it's long list and final paperwork - accommodation lists etc won't go out until end of May beginning of June. I was hoping to view some rooms when we go to watch the summer show but not sure that will now fit into the timescale !
TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

Post by TeethandTwinkles »

Oh goodness all this talk of phone calls makes me feel very nervous... no phone calls here. Oh no and DD was first day so that doesn’t sound good. :cry:
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

TeethandTwinkles wrote:Oh goodness all this talk of phone calls makes me feel very nervous... no phone calls here. Oh no and DD was first day so that doesn’t sound good. :cry:
Have pm’d you.
TeethandTwinkles
Nominee

Post by TeethandTwinkles »

Scarytimes wrote:
TeethandTwinkles wrote:Oh goodness all this talk of phone calls makes me feel very nervous... no phone calls here. Oh no and DD was first day so that doesn’t sound good. :cry:
Have pm’d you.
I’ve trier to PM you back. Not sure if I’ve done it right. Sorry. I think I’ve sent you 3 messsges now. ](*,)
Scarytimes
GRAMMY Award

Post by Scarytimes »

TeethandTwinkles wrote:
Scarytimes wrote:
Have pm’d you.
I’ve trier to PM you back. Not sure if I’ve done it right. Sorry. I think I’ve sent you 3 messsges now. ](*,)
Got it - all ok. So many rumours going round about Laine. Hard to have to just sit and wait.
It will be good to find out either way I reckon
lbm1e14
GRAMMY Award

Post by lbm1e14 »

ajbew wrote:When DS was applying three years ago, they phoned people with funding and the reserve offers went out by post. At least it actually said what number they were on the reserve list. He was number 6. He chose Mountview instead but I know that people lower down the list did get funding in the end. Fingers crossed to all those still waiting. We are at the other end now. His last Mountview show finishes on Saturday, he has signed with an agent and once the show is over will start all the auditioning stress again - this time for a job! We are now worrying about how he will pay his rent in London if he doesn't find work pretty quickly. The stress in this business never stops!!!
Got it in one! DD finishes in September but has her agent, is on Spotlight and is starting to audition as they're allowed to miss classes/leave early if they land paid work. But as you say the auditions start all over again, with multiple recalls, and 9/10 they don't get told it's a no. They just don't hear. But the good colleges prepare them well for it.
Mumof3girls
BRIT Award

Post by Mumof3girls »

Maybe we should have a ‘After Graduation group’ As mine is only at the end of year one nearly and I can’t even imagine the stress of after graduation ! Good luck all x
Dance1921
Nominee

Post by Dance1921 »

Anyone heard from Laine today? ](*,)
Belledancer
BRIT Award

Post by Belledancer »

One of DD's closest friends got DADA from Laine today - so pleased for her although I think she will still end up going elsewhere. There will be lots of movement over the next few weeks - :D these talented kids have multiple offers and will have to start making decisions!
Nickinoo
BRIT Award

Post by Nickinoo »

Belledancer wrote:One of DD's closest friends got DADA from Laine today - so pleased for her although I think she will still end up going elsewhere. There will be lots of movement over the next few weeks - :D these talented kids have multiple offers and will have to start making decisions!
Hoping that perhaps there might start to be some movement on the reserve lists ( DD is on three at the last count...) Not knowing what is happening in September is driving me nuts!
Dance1921
Nominee

Post by Dance1921 »

Nickinoo has your DD had a letter from Laine about the reserve list?
Newbe2018
GRAMMY Award

Post by Newbe2018 »

Nickinoo wrote:
Belledancer wrote:One of DD's closest friends got DADA from Laine today - so pleased for her although I think she will still end up going elsewhere. There will be lots of movement over the next few weeks - :D these talented kids have multiple offers and will have to start making decisions!
Hoping that perhaps there might start to be some movement on the reserve lists ( DD is on three at the last count...) Not knowing what is happening in September is driving me nuts!
I can definitely relate!
Laurellen
BRIT Award

Post by Laurellen »

For Laine funding can we assume it’s a No if we haven’t heard anything?
I can see people already know if it’s a yes or seem to know if they are on reserve.
The waiting is awful and she needs to move on. We have no way to pay so she will move onto other options if we know..

Also waiting for Bird but they do say 3 weeks. It’s been just less.